Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:12AM

The Olympics are long past. There don't seem to be any upcoming and coming Mormon candidates for POTUS. Prop 8 is being buried in the Mormon "we don't teach that" memory hole and TSCC is unlikely to repeat that debaucle.

So, what does the future hold for the next Mormon Moment?

Scandal would be fun but seems unlikely.

Elizabeth Smart is on the radar but she is a double-edge sword. She is a lovely, well-spoken young woman but her kidnapping only reminds people of the weird side/history of Mormonism.

Your thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:24AM

Scandal. I can smell it.

They are sitting on a giant stink-bomb and I think the church is due for a bowel mo(ve)ment.

You know they're laundering money at a minimum. If they piss off the wrong people they could be in for some tough times.

I can only hope.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:45AM

The continued success of online retail, and the bursting of yet another real estate bubble leads to the eventual demise of the lord's mall, exposing it as a less than inspired business decision. Tagg Romney runs for something, somewhere, and following in his father's footsteps, loses. The current wave of adolescent missionaries returns home seeing less success than ever before, every door has been knocked on too many times, the world is sick of Mormon missionaries, disillusioned they leave in unprecedented numbers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 11:46AM by ladell.

Posted by: gracewarrior ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:48AM

My prediction- No more Mormon Moments. It is done. Mormonism is like a fart in the wind.. it leaves it stench behind and then vanishes.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:49AM

Please,somebody, answer me this. Why do the church leaders continue to ignore Harry Reid? If Mitt Romney bombed out so badly, why don't they change gears and start to promote Reid as the Next Big Thing?

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:56AM

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that A) he is a Democrat and Heavenly Father hates Democrats and B) he is not really mormon royalty like the Mittster, he is a lowly convert who is not nearly as wealthy as Mitt, and the quorum of the twelve has been full of Mitt's relatives for generations. Plus he doesn't seem to be afraid to disagree with the geezers.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:01PM

Couldn't have said it better.

Posted by: WakingUpVegas ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 01:19PM

I live in Nevada, and I can tell you he's not liked by Mormons in his own state. They see him as being too close to Obama, so he can't be trusted. Every time a Mormon is up for election here, TBMs go out of their way to promote that person. When it was Reid a few years ago for re-election, I saw so many signs in TBM yards supporting his opponent.

I've met Harry Reid several times, and he is a very nice man, soft spoken, but you can tell he is very passionate about Nevada. Drives me crazy that he is being judged by his politics and not his character. Total missed opportunity for a "Mormon movement"!

I would LOVE it if Elizabeth Smart figured out the truth, and used her position against the church. She's already said one things that make TBMs nervous. Or if Brandon Flowers of The Killers stopped supporting the "I'm a Mormon" campaign.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:29PM

A reorganization at the top framed as a Revelation. The word "prophet" will be phased out and replaced with "President." The winners of the apostle coup will form an oversight "committee" to prevent the blunders which accompany being lead by a person in their dotage who may actually believe god speaks to him. (avoiding the necessity of doping him and moving him from place to place by his arms)

They will retire Monson to stop his embarrassing blithering and also to punish his coalition for the horrendous mistakes they've made which have subjected the church to public humiliation.

*Issuing papal nucio on topics such as underwear while gardening while the country is in finanical crisis and multiple wars.

*Prop 8

*Insisting women wear skirts and ignoring the world's movement toward equality of the sexes.

*Calling younger teenagers on missions as a stopgap for the youth hemmorhage.

*Pretending any publicity is good publicity by hailing the Book of Mormon and Mitt Romney as the glorious "Mormon Moment"

*The "I am a Mormon" campaign.

*City Creek Mall where sleeveless tops and beards are followed by security guards

The new leadership will institute a Mormon Neighborhood Movement, opening up the cultural hall for community use, instituting after-school basketball and homework, hiring janitors and calling members to supervise the afterschool programs instead.

They will change the name to The Church of Jesus Christ of Christian Community and they will restructure the way they do weddings to make them Community Celebrations of Love. Just like the funerals will be Community Celebrations of Life.

Kentucky Fried Whatever Works...doctrine optional. Truth still optional.

:)

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.