Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:33PM

I know there are many ways that the church does not follow the commonly accepted Christian idea of God's plan, and even their own idea of God's plan, in a lot of ways. Ironically, more often they actually follow what their own idea of Satan would want. What are the ways in which they follow Satan's plan?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 02:17PM by nickson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:38PM

They have this 11th Article of Faith, which reads:

"We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."

They're so good at the claiming part, but the allowing part? Not so much.

I really think that if they had their way, they would be able to force everyone to follow their rules, for their own good.

They're good at coercion and putting pressure on people to be 'perfect.' They're not so good at allowing people to be what they want to be.

"If you don't go to church, then we're kicking you out of the house." "Gee Mom and Dad, that sounds an awful lot of Satan's plan to me - to force people?" Mom and Dad's reaction is, "Huh?"

It never even occurs to them what they're doing.

Date: June 05, 2013 10:53PM

Did you see twojedis post on how prophets speaking as men follow Satan? That's a good one!

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:57PM

If you believe Mormonism follows Satan's plan then I have some really awesome multi-level marketing products I think you should be a part of.

Maybe there is some land in Florida you'd like to buy.

etc, etc

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:59PM

I don't believe in Satan. If you're saying they follow what they believe is Satan's plan, that I can get behind. But personally, I think they're real interest is in shoring up a sagging cult so the money doesn't dry up.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 09:29AM

Stan doesn't believe in you, either.

Date: June 06, 2013 02:14PM

Yes I mean their version of satan's plan.

Date: June 05, 2013 11:05PM

Yep, they can buy anything in this world with money, including shopping malls and condos.

I don't believe in Satan either, but I can see some ways in which they try to follow what they say was his plan, rather than what they say the Savior's plan was. I don't believe in him either though.

Posted by: MLS ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 11:30PM

Assigning God a penis and a harem sounds pretty wicked to me. It's simply blasphemous to mainstream Christians. Plus, he had sex with Mary. Isn't Mary his spirit daughter. Sounds like insest. Isn't that something Satan would do?

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 11:15PM

Great question. The boogie man isn't real so following it would result in an aimless ad hoc theology. So, LDS inc follows Satan by not thinking about what they are doing and the consequences of doing it. They just jump in the boat and say let the river take us wherever. It has taken them over some pretty crazy rapids and falls.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 11:27PM

The church makes you covenant in the temple to keep all the commandments. The church makes you covenant in the temple to obey the Law of the Gospel, but they don't bother to define exactly what that is. They just say "as defined in the scriptures." The church makes you covenant in the temple to give everything you have to the church. Then Satan tells you in the temple that if you don't keep every promise you make in the temple, you are under HIS POWER! So, even if you keep all the commandments, and figure out what exactly the Law of the Gospel entails and uphold it, if you haven't signed over all your property to the church, you are under SATAN'S POWER!

Posted by: whodat ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 11:53PM

I always thought mormoons were freemason who worship lucifer, the light bringer.

Not that any mormoons would actually know this.

The cult is so secret they won't even divulge who their fictional master is.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:02AM

Satan is the father of lies.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:10AM

They are an effed up sex cult. Enough said.

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:13AM

Stan came from heaven. Is 14:12

He is the father of lies, therefore he is the father of those who lie and don't care about the truth. Being a father implies you have children. John 8:44

He can transform himself into an angel of light. 2Cor 11:14

Mos pray "in the name of Jesus Christ" but they pray *TO* their "Dear Heavenly Father" (who remains nameless in their prayers).

The official first vision has JS meeting with A shining father and his beloved son--also nameless.

I'm not big on going down this road in refuting mormonism, because it sooner or later brings up problems with the scriptures, atheism vs theism, etc. But sometimes you meet people who will only consider this kind of argument.

To atheists, pulling someone from mormonism with these kinds of arguments is kind of a half-finished job.

Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:17AM

exdrymo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stan came from heaven. Is 14:12
>
> He is the father of lies, therefore he is the
> father of those who lie and don't care about the
> truth. Being a father implies you have children.
> John 8:44

So Satan is Joseph Smith Sr?

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:25AM

ahh nice!

I guess there must be a progression to demonhood. Joe Jr. obviously graduated and took over for JS sr in the afterlife.

Its Evil Demonoid Turtles all the way down, as they say!

Date: June 06, 2013 02:22PM

Yes and that's actually why I am asking this because I would like to find examples of what the Mormon church does that is more like a Satan follower since that is sometimes a very effective argument against TBMs, whether or not it is actually the most logical argument.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:30AM

LDS is pagan. And polytheistic. Like the gods of Olympus, the LDS gods have human emotions, war with each other, come to earth, have physical sex with Earthlings and with each other. Christianity is monotheistic. There is ONE God, and He is the Creator of the cosmos. Not just a part of it.

Satan wanted to raise himself up, exalt himself, to either make himself God, or to make himself like God. Isn't that what LDS "exaltation" is all about? Achieving Godhood?

LDS reeks of pride. This was Lucifer's/Satan's/the Devil's core sin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 12:32AM by caffiend.

Posted by: Um ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 02:36PM

Mkay. But what does that have to do with whether or not mormons hypocritically behave in the way which they describe as being the plan proposed by the devil?

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:34AM

According to "the church's" doctrine.

You follow Satan's instructions in the temple without any further explanation.

Satan loves to "mingle" things "with scripture." TBM business men do that quite often.

The mall would definitely be Satanic as would the last advertising campaigns. Trying to buy popularity with money.

We all know "you can buy anything with money."

The "plan of salvation" wouldn't have worked without Satan's involvement according to Mormon doctrine. Had Satan done nothing, Adam and Eve would have been perfectly fine being naked and oblivious in Jackson County, Missouri.

Satan was very concerned with Adam and Eve's "modesty," just like TBMs are concerned about their innocent children's modesty.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:52AM

It doesn't matter if you believe in Satan and Jesus or not for this question to be relevant. Because the Mormons believe in Satan and Jesus and have fairly clearly defined how they think Satan is tempting people away from God and what Jesus wants you to do to follow God. These two beings define good and evil to Mormons.

Therefore, if they do the things Satan tempts you to do and turn their backs on what Jesus taught, then they are doing things they believe wrong and turning away from what they truly believe is right. Lying is the number one way I think that their "Satan" concept tempts them to sin. Lying about people who leave the church, living a lie by putting on a fake front to the world, bearing testimonies they don't have because a testimony is found in the bearing of it and so on.

The Article of Faith mentioned above is a good one. Treating inactive kids like they were beneath them violates their belief that Jesus said "if any of you offend one of these little ones, it's better that they have a millstone hung around their neck and they be drowned in the depths of the sea." Whenever an ex-Mormon is snubbed or a non-Mormon is cheated in business, they are breaking the teaching "Whatsoever you do unto the least of these, my brethren, you do it unto me." Whenever they think themselves better than non-LDS and feel sorry for those that don't believe as they do, they are filled with a pride they were warned against succumbing to. Whenever a Mormon parent is angry, controlling, manipulative to their child, they violate Christ's supposed teachings of free agency. Satan is supposed to want to destroy the family, but who breaks families apart by keeping them busy, underfunded, over-worked and, in the case of missionary work, apart?

I could go on but here's my favorite link on the subject:

http://packham.n4m.org/satan.htm

Date: June 06, 2013 07:35AM

CA girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It doesn't matter if you believe in Satan and
> Jesus or not for this question to be relevant.
> Because the Mormons believe in Satan and Jesus and
> have fairly clearly defined how they think Satan
> is tempting people away from God and what Jesus
> wants you to do to follow God. These two beings
> define good and evil to Mormons.

Yep, exactly. My first thought was how Mormons define Satan and Jesus, but then they turn around and do the things which they would have attributed to Satan, like taking away people's agency or being so obsessed with money.

It was when they fought against same-sex marriage that I began my way out of the Church, simply because I was so stunned that they would teach me how sacred God-given agency is. But, here they were actively fighting against other peoples agencies. I was stunned. It seemed the opposite of everything they'd taught me.

They'll say one thing, but then do the opposite, like spend all of that money on the mall/condo thing.

Date: June 06, 2013 02:27PM

Thank you for specifying that about it not mattering whether you believe in it or not. A lot of people seemed to think I was saying they had to believe in it or something...I don't know, but I decided to just fix it in my OP.

Posted by: exbishfromportland ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 01:07AM

Submission
Control
Fear
Only the illusion of free will.

Date: June 06, 2013 06:56AM

Cannabilism (sacrament)
Usery (this is a bad thing in the bible but a necessity for the corp.)
Lechery (poly marriage)
Treason (mormon war)

Posted by: freebird ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 07:26AM

Great list! I was surprised to find out usury was outlawed in biblical times and I believe Islam still considers usury to be a sin/illegal. It really is quite disgusting and our entire society including the US government and monetary system is built upon it.

Date: June 06, 2013 07:39AM

Fractional reserve banking is your friend.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 08:09AM

Usury was NOT outlawed in biblical times. It was considered wrong to charge interest to family, etc. Christ even used the parable of the talents in which the one who buried the talent was condemned because he did not even take it to the money-lenders to earn usury. In Islamic lands usury has been common, often relating to farming.

Date: June 06, 2013 08:40AM

Hmm...I thought I read something recently that stated usury was outlawed in biblical times. Maybe I confused it with what I read about Islam. I'll have to see if I can find where I read that. Thanks for the correction.

However, usury is not allowed in any conditions and any forms under Islamic law. But usury is defined as "excessive" interest. I'm unsure how they determine what is excessive, but interest can be charged, just not an excessive amount.

*Ok I checked to see if I was losing my mind and yes usury was considered sinful in biblical times and it was condemned by Christianity at least from everything I'm reading.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 12:50PM by charpop705.

Date: June 06, 2013 10:08AM

I just needed the "U" to spell cult.

Fuck, I can't even spell usererry.

Date: June 06, 2013 10:46AM

That list is fabulous! I am so blind I didn't even realize it spelled Cult! Lmao! It rocks!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 06:57AM

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 07:12AM

The temple ceremony puts Satan in the important position with his role. Members believe what Satan says in the endowment ceremony as to being "his".

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 10:15AM

According to kolobian doctrine, the war in heaven was about two plans:

Jehova's plan: Let people make their own choices whether they're good or not so they can decide for themselves through agency what their reward will be.

Lucifer's plan: Don't let people make choices. Instead, only allow them to make choices that are for their benefit. That way, everyone gets the highest reward.

Supposedly, the mormons all chose Jehova's plan. Then they get to earth and immediately start to push legislation that limits the choices of their fellow humans.

Gay marriage? Nope. You shouldn't be able to make that choice.
Abortion? Nope. You shouldn't be able to make that choice.
Cannabis? Nope. You shouldn't be able to make that choice. (But here's some prozac)

If Prop8 taught us anything it's that the mormons have completely abandoned Jehova's plan and adopted Lucifer's. Not that either one is real, just sayin'..

Posted by: magnite ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 02:41PM

Agree 100%!!!

Why suppose that you "allow" others to make thier own choices, then attempt to reduce those choices to what YOU think is correct? Can you guess who's "plan" that is?

If the Gospel of Jesus is love, then what about loving everyone - including those who are, and believe differently, and not only those who accept what TSCC tells them?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.