Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Notme ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 08:45AM

I am amazed at the level of butt-hurt exhibited by Lorin7. Is this typical of the modern day mormon?

On a scale of 1-10, rate the butt-hurt.

Lorin7Wrote:
2 hours ago (5:42 AM)
This was not a spontanious bash by Mike Adams. He has done it before. It appears he has been waiting for a chance to do it again. As far as it being necessary to believe in the doctrine of the Trinity to be a Christian, try reading the book "The Doctrine of the Trinity: Christianity's Self-Inflicted Wound by Sir Anthony Buzzard and Charles F. Hunting. The doctrine of the Trinity is not in the Bible. The doctrine of the Trinity is more akin to neoPlatonic metaphysics than anything one finds in the Bible. In fact, that was the popular philosophy when the doctrine was generated, in the fourth century A.D. One of Mike Adams problems is that he also believes a lot of the anti-Mormon falsehoods, distortions, and outright stupidity he reads on the Internet. Another problem of Mike Adams is that he thinks he is in the "club" that gets to decide who is a Christian and who is not. In other words, he thinks he is the "true" Christian and therefore gets to decide who is not. That is an arrogant, self-centered attitude. His tirade is one of the most un-Christian things I have read in quite a while. Mike Adams may think he has devastated Mormonism. Actually, to those who know better, He has made himself look rediculous.

Login to Reply Flag as Offensive

From this article. It just keeps on giving.

http://townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/2013/06/05/my-apology-to-mormon-readers-n1612799/page/full

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:50AM

yep, that's how it works. people in the club get to vote on the new members. And the people in the Christian club have voted. And the Eastern Rites, the Catholics and the Protestants are recognize each other as fellow Christians, though with some doctrinal differences, as agreeing on the Nicene Creed.

Outsiders are not able to foist their membership on others.

I can get circumcised and claim I'm Jewish until the shofar blows.

Doesn't mean I'm getting an Israeli passport anytime soon.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:54AM

"We pretent better than you do and we have the pretended authority to do so!" "No you don't we are the greatest and first of the pretenders so your pretended authority and beliefs don't mean squat so nya nya!"

This is what I hear now. Children squabbling over pretended things.

Posted by: Superbigot ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 03:47PM

Here's some quality butt-hurt courtesy of cactuspusy, an obvious member of the cult.

"2 minutes ago (3:10 PM)
so clue me in loser, how attacking Mormons like imbeciles like you do doesn't make you a bigot. Narrow minded losers like you are the more pathetic and intollerant of all people."

This idiot is calling fellow xians bigots because they don't agree w/ him/her.

If I know you are a liar and sex pervert and I hate you then I am a bigot. I didn't know being a bigot was a good thing.

"I am a bigot."

I like that.

Bigot, Bigot, Bigot.

"I am become bigot, hater of moromons and sex offenders"

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:23PM

Superbigot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> "I am become bigot, hater of moromons and sex
> offenders

Why do I think of Robert Oppenheimer and the Bhagavad Gita?

Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 08:44AM

baura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Superbigot Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > "I am become bigot, hater of moromons and sex
> > offenders
>
> Why do I think of Robert Oppenheimer and the
> Bhagavad Gita?

Cause you're hella smart.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:00PM

The trinitarian view of god is not found in the bible because of how it was put together and because of who wrote the various parts.

The trinitarian view of god IS however found in the Book of Mormon because of how it was written and who wrote it.

That poster should keep reading books.

Haha.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.