Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: June 01, 2013 01:52AM

http://www.destaethiopiankitchen.com/

3086 Briarcliff Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30329

I've gotten enough interest that I've made reservations for a group of 15. If you are going to make it please comment so that I can adjust the reservation for more or less depending on interest.

If it's not obvious who we are (just look for the dark cloud of apostasy) I'll put my name "Brian" in for the party at the restaurant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: victoria ( )
Date: June 01, 2013 08:11AM

Hey BC,

Peregrine and I are planning to be there. This place has amazing food, so with great conversation should make a great night!

Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: June 03, 2013 07:13AM

Note: There are at least three different Ethiopian places within 1/4 mile. Desta's will be the one with my bright yellow VW bus parked in front of it.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: June 03, 2013 03:56PM

peregrine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Note: There are at least three different Ethiopian places within 1/4 mile. Desta's will be the one with my bright yellow VW bus parked in front of it.

Just so you know, there are actually 4 within 1/4 mile. The fourth one, Bahel, is across the street. The others in the strip mall with Desta are Ledet and Meskelem. This area has been sprouting Ethiopian eateries for several years now. I know of at least 7, all within about 3 miles of me, and I've tried 5.

Date: June 04, 2013 09:16PM

So how many will we be?

Posted by: hope ( )
Date: June 01, 2013 08:14AM

Hi BC - Add 2...me and a dear friend of mine. Looking forward to meeting y'all! :)

Posted by: hope ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 05:24PM

BC - I am still working (started late) and won't be able to make it in time. Bummer. Hope you guys have a great time!

Date: June 01, 2013 02:57PM

I happen to like Desta. I'll be there as well.

Posted by: Leo Walsh ( )
Date: June 01, 2013 05:32PM

I might be there as well. Perhaps a little late.

Posted by: Dr. Philastus Hurlbut ( )
Date: June 04, 2013 11:57AM

Hi, bc. If it's not too late, could you add 1 more?

Date: June 05, 2013 06:52AM

I still think we are under the 15 mark. We should be fine.

Date: June 05, 2013 09:07AM

Looking forward to it.

Posted by: samuel ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:02AM

New guy to Atlanta wondering if there's room for one more tonight

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:31AM

While you're together will you assess the interest in meeting with a Southeast exmo group on October 19th, same time as the SLC exmo conference and see if anyone has ideas of a good place to meet for like a whole day.

Date: June 05, 2013 10:16PM

That was amazing!! Really enjoyed meeting everybody and hearing your stories. Lets start planning the next one.

Date: June 06, 2013 08:48AM

One suggestion - let's find a quieter restaurant, OK? It was difficult hearing one another after a while.

Also, someone (other than me) should tell what happened, because there were several amazing things that did.

I will say this - I did feel a bit the outsider since I was the only one who wasn't Mormon or ex-Mormon, and a lot of talk that I could hear (and it was difficult to hear) that I could make out was church-related. Aside from that, I enjoyed going out to a good Ethiopian restaurant and not sitting at home alone. The only REAL damper was that it started POURING in buckets while we were there.

Posted by: Leo Walsh ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:11AM

I enjoyed it as well.

Date: June 06, 2013 12:33PM

That was the rowdiest I'd ever seen Desta's. You weren't the only one having a hard time hearing.
Without the rain we could have sat outside which would have been much quieter. That was what I was hoping we'd be able to do when I suggested it.

Posted by: Steve S. ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 04:11PM

I had a great time! Thanks for setting this up. I've met many of the FaceBook-centric Atlanta ExMos, but it was nice to meet some new ones.

Thanks again!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.