Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 09:18PM

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ent/manhattan_diary/vatican-corrects-infallible-pope-atheists-will-still-burn-in-hell-208987111.html

Funny. Atheists did not give a shit when it was "A". Now we still do not give a shit shit when it's "~A".

If it was for the followers then they must be f'ing stooopid to begin with, if both position are negations of each e other, and both are supposed to be true.

Another f-up from the non-mormon christianistas just leads to more atheists. Thanks Pope! Any more evil you wish to spew that fewer people attend to?

Religionists just keep painting the salves into smaller and smaller corners.

HH =)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 09:33PM

Aren't they hilarious?

I just read an article on the same topic:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/28/vatican-atheists-cant-be-saved_n_3346201.html

It reminds me of "the brethren" trying to wiggle out of stuff Mormon prophets have said in public...you know, when they are speaking as a man.

The problem is, they can't have it both ways. They say one nicey nice thing to outsiders that they think makes them sound reasonable. Then they have to say something different to the hardcore believers who know darn well what they were taught.

Mormons are amateurs, I tell you. Amateurs who don't even have good costumes.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 10:50PM

To paraphrase Bill Maher:
I'll buy my plane ticket to heaven as soon as I finish my cruise to Atlantis.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 11:00PM

The pope knows atheists don't believe in heaven. He was speaking to believers and it was an inclusive sentiment.The conservative disagreed and he is not the pope.We will see how it turns out. There is room for disagreement in the Catholic church.Trust you guys to take a move in the right direction andnmake fun of it.How predictable.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 11:09PM

I see a common vein in your posts. Catholics and the pope are pretty much A-OK with you because you are apparently a Catholic. Some people here will be disrespectful, maybe more than necessary.. sorry, but lots of us aren't very religious anymore! I know many, many good people who are Catholic. Don't confuse my lack of respect for religion for lack of respect for people.

Here's the thing: They're saying the same stuff the Mormons say. If we don't believe, we're doomed. I don't believe that. No one needs "saving." We all end up in the same place.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2013 11:13PM by rationalguy.

Date: May 28, 2013 11:18PM

Some of my family is Catholic. Don't make assumptions about me.I I dont know what I believe we but I do like this pope and didn't' care at all for Benedict. I dontcare for the anti.Catholic crap and misinformation from'some'posters but that hardly makes me a believer

Posted by: Darkfem ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 11:09PM

"The Rev. Thomas Rosica, a Vatican spokesman, spelled it out for the world on Thursday. People who know about the Catholic church 'cannot be saved' if they 'refuse to enter her or remain in her,' he said."

That's just gratuitous and perverted, imo.

Date: May 28, 2013 11:12PM

I read that and and found it insulting,but he isn't pope.We mm will see if the pope has more to say. Many Catholics believe non Catholics can be saved and leave it up to God

Posted by: Xq ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 12:13AM

Most non-Catholics probably don't care whether or not Catholics believe that. Not really hunting for the official doctrine the church will go by; it's all just people saying stuff.

Posted by: Renie ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 11:39PM

I was born and raised Catholic (called a "cradle Catholic") and was always taught that only Catholics could go to heaven. When I heard that the Pope had declared otherwise I thought "Hmmm..I missed something somewhere.". but I guess not, huh?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.