Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exbishfromportland ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 03:00PM

My wife and I left over a year ago, but one thing that still shows up in our email is the LDS Living emails. I haven't blocked it because it's interesting to read some of the ridiculous articles from time to time and roll our eyes.
Almost a month ago they published one that really hammered the members on tithing. It was really irritating and I decided to write a comment. It said basically: "Tithing is an Old Testament law and the Savior fulfilled the old law. He spoke only three times about tithing and it was always in association with hypocrisy. God knows our hearts and he doesn't need our money."
I hit the "submit" button thinking it would go into a moderation status while it was being reviewed. But no! It was immediately posted. I checked back a few times and they didn't take it off. Just looked again and it's still there!
http://ldsliving.com/story/72294-dc-lesson-17-the-law-of-the-tithing-and-the-law-of-the-fast

However, I saw another post I wanted to comment on, but I'd forgotten my password. I've submitted a request for a new password on four different occasions and it always says "Error, try again later."
This morning I remembered my old password. I attempted to sign in and it does nothing, no "wrong user name or password" message, nothing about trying again. It just does nothing. Apparently my account is disabled because I expressed my opinion.

So, I guess they're on to me. The Strengthening the Members tribunal will probably report my heresy to the Stake President. If they have a disciplinary council I will attend. My last calling was as a member of the High Council and there have been very few changes since I left.
This should be interesting. Sorta looking forward to it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 03:10PM

Have you cleared your cookies and tried again? Could be a fluke, could be not a fluke.

Also, you may be overestimating the correlation committee's cross checking and tracking of you. At this point, you're probably just a banned IP address.

Now if you start publicly blogging about wearing your paisley tie in solidarity with the sisters in pants, they may very well.hunt you down by name!

Posted by: exbishfromportland ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 03:12PM

Good point, I will clear cookies. Was actually sort of excited about being persecuted! Hahaha....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.