Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NNT ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 11:43AM

What a great way to start the day...I can't believe I used to think coffee was evil and soda was god's appointed way to get a good buzz in the morning. I love my morning ritual these days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 11:49AM

Drinking various prohibited beverages is something I am learning is fun

Date: May 28, 2013 11:55AM

Currently in Vegas with my wife for a little vacation...I had a dream last night that we drank alcohol (neither of us have drank with purpose before, she's had a swig or two of beer and I've had fermented mares milk as a missionary). Since god gives us messages in our dreams, looks like I'll be trying a formerly prohibited beverage tonight. Thanks for the good example Mr. Lehi and your son Mr. Nephi!

Date: May 28, 2013 11:59AM

Hahaha, I like wiskey and rum

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 05:03PM

I hope you don't mix the two in the same drink.....

Posted by: Pericles ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 12:39PM

Funny, while I was visiting I also dreamed a dream about drinking alcohol. In my dream the ward had won two all you could drink passes at a resort. Everybody in the ward was aghast at the prospect, but my wife and I nobly sacrificed for their benefit.

Posted by: nightowl ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 02:01PM

I love tea. I might make coffee today. I'm a little tired. I'm taking a personal day. I just had a bad dream about Mormonism.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 12:16PM

For me it is tea. I loved it before I was converted and always missed iced tea in the summer. Having resigned, I am enjoying a very healthful mug of hot tea (the real deal black tea or green - not herbal although I like herbal too) every morning and on very hot days I drowned myself in iced tea. I've lost my taste for soda and am saving money while improving health.

It amazes me that Mormons think sugary soda could possibly be better for you than coffee or tea.

Stay away from those pesky scientists. They don't have the spirit and will lead you to outer darkness with their uninspired teachings. Never mind that you weigh 300 lbs. and have diabetes! You will be punished if you touch coffee and tea but you can console yourself with gallons of soda which now, for your drinking pleasure, includes Pepsi. Praise Thomas Monson for having a Pepsi addiction.

Date: May 28, 2013 12:21PM

Love tea too

Date: May 28, 2013 12:34PM

I used to start my day with a 32 oz cup of Dr. Pepper, ya know because coffee was sinful...several root canals, crowns, and 50lbs later I can see (with my real eyes) that soda is terrible for you and coffee is good for you. I'm a slow learner by the way.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 04:56PM

Seneca, I used to do that too - 32 oz Dr. Pepper every single morning. I'm sure it caused havoc with my health too. Now I rotate between tea, coffee and this stuff called Zip Fizz, which has green tea extract in it and a bunch of vitamins. And not necessarily hot tea or coffee - iced sometimes too. I feel a lot better with something to clear my head in the morning and Dr. Pepper was the worst possible option.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 01:02PM

While I do love my morning cup of coffee, I especially love iced tea in the summer, and on a cold night, there's nothing like a cup of hot tea. Both coffee and tea, especially unsweetened are healthier than soda is as since I started drinking more coffee and tea instead of soda, I've lost weight.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.