Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 11:18PM

Found out we are the Bad Family, kind of knew it when people would run into the house with fear when we went out. Oh well, anyways part of me wants to be Bad now or at least compile a list of Bad things to think about when dealing with some of my neighbors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 11:53PM

Mow the lawn on Sunday . . . in shorts.

Wash the car on Sunday or bring home the groceries, preferably right when the neighbors are leaving for church.

Drink beer on the porch.

Have a party at your house. Do not avoid loud laughter.

You'll scare the neighbors to death.

Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 12:02AM

We actually do most of those things, except for shorts, and parties. My dear Dad when visiting takes great pleasure having a beer on the front porch. We laugh a lot at my house so maybe that is it. The funny thing is when people need help we help, I guess we are only bad when not helping oh well, more play things at the park for us and more summer nights to enjoy our back yard. We do have the best next door neighbors in the world on both sides so I really should not complain.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 12:04AM

Take a break from mowing the lawn in shorts on Sunday to enjoy a cold beer or hot coffee in full view. Light a big cigar for effect.

Posted by: freebird ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 10:41AM

I know you already know this, but you and your family are NOT bad! I understand the hurt though and I know I am considered bad too. How did you find out that they think you're the bad family?

You help with no expectation of a reward in this life OR the next life, therefore you are good! You are the one that has the pure spirit of charity...:-)

Enjoy your life! Enjoy laughing and your dad enjoying his beer! How dare anyone judge that?

I wore a tank top to a church BBQ once...good times! These people are insane! Do not allow them to get to you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.