Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 03:51PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 09:57PM

Why was it taken down?

Date: May 28, 2013 10:08AM

Copyright dispute.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 10:01AM

Just in case, I downloaded it to my computer.

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 04:18PM

Watched the whole thing.Thanks for posting it.

I found it interesting that the church tried being incognito through out until they won and then they seemed to want everyone to know how wonderful and successful they were in getting prop 8 to pass. Did I get that right?

I didn't realize until recently that everyone that donated to prop 8 had their name and address on a web sight that you could look up. I was very disappointed to see that my parents donated to that cause and also were volunteers. That is one of the most hateful things I have ever seen either of my parents do. They would never treat one of their children that way so why would they be involved in something like this. It blows my mind the control the church can have on it's members better judgement.

Posted by: sha'dynasty ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 04:29PM

after reading your comment I found eightmaps.com. I'm surprised and relieved not to see my dad's name on there but after clicking around his neighborhood I found many from my family's ward, some of which I actually consider to be genuinely good people, and now I just feel sick.

edit: oh my god, it might as well be a map of all the mormons in the area. I know almost every single name there (it's not in Utah). Don't know why I'm so shocked, I guess I just thought better of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2013 04:31PM by euphegenia.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 04:33PM

Rebecca Jones

Homemaker

$10,000.00

9/12/2008

How does a "Homemaker" afford $10,000?

Posted by: earlyrm ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 06:16PM

Maybe she literally MAKES HOMES.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 06:20PM

A fellow employee donated $25,000 and his wife also donated $25,000, although she hasn't been employed for most of their 40+ years of their marriage. My assumption was that they decided how much to donate and then split it between themselves so they are donating equally. Only an assumption.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 04:51PM

THwt website made me sick. I looked up my area and the local rehabilitation center had donated!!!

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 04:35PM

euphegenia, that was my same experience.

My lds sister is actually the one who told me about the web sight. My mom was there at the time and was so upset that her name address and amount of donation was out there for all to see. I think it was more like she was embarrassed at "being caught".

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 06:50PM

Wow. Watch this. Get your friends and family to watch it.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 06:52PM

I'm sick to my stomach. Eeuphegenia mentioned a website: http://www.eightmaps.com/ where you can type in a city and see who in California gave how much money to defeat marriage equality. I just looked at my old stomping grounds where I used to live in 2008.

The Bishop gave $2,500.
The Stake President gave $5,000.
Another Stake President gave $5,000.

On top of that, a huge majority of the people within the stake boundaries who gave to Prop. 8 are TBM LDS. I recognize so many of their names - many high ups in ward and stake leadership. Indeed, the anti-marriage-equality campaign was HEAVILY funded by the LDS people.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 08:14PM

Update: I just looked at my old ward boundaries in an area where less than 2% of the population is LDS. The ward is not in a very well to do area.

Donations by members: 28 totaling $15,000
Donations by non-LDS: 11 totaling $900

Sorry no faith required, no belief necessary. I know who was against marriage-equality. And to think I used to talk with ALL of them once upon a time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2013 09:46PM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 07:19PM

Wow, great lead. I found the local bishop that love-bombed me after I had surgery.

Posted by: reedcowan ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 09:50PM

Thank you for your interest in my film, 8: The Mormon Proposition. Please protect yourselves from a lawsuit from the company who has the rights to the film by NOT uploading it to the internet. Copyright infringement is a serious violation and studios and distributors are cracking down.
I made ZERO money on the film and in fact lost quite a bit because of the distributor not keeping their end of the bargain by providing accounting notices, receipts, etc.
Seeing the film stolen all over again by being posted on line is just another set back. I ask this in peace and pray you will honor and respect copyright law, if not for respect for the film makers who gave so much to see this film made...then for your own protection so that the number of clicks on illegally uploaded films aren't quantified and damages sought.

Posted by: reedcowan ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 09:51PM

Thank you for your interest in my film, 8: The Mormon Proposition. Please protect yourselves from a lawsuit from the company who has the rights to the film by NOT uploading it to the internet. Copyright infringement is a serious violation and studios and distributors are cracking down.
I made ZERO money on the film and in fact lost quite a bit because of the distributor not keeping their end of the bargain by providing accounting notices, receipts, etc.
Seeing the film stolen all over again by being posted on line is just another set back. I ask this in peace and pray you will honor and respect copyright law, if not for respect for the film makers who gave so much to see this film made...then for your own protection so that the number of clicks on illegally uploaded films aren't quantified and damages sought.

Date: May 28, 2013 11:17PM

Do you know places where it can be viewed legitimately? I know it was previously on Netflix but doesn't seem to be anymore.

Note: I did not upload it to the internet but just saw a link to it.

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 11:31PM

It's at Netflix, but unfortunately not instant view.

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 10:40PM

I'm watching this video now and OMG!! I had no idea what was going on behind the scenes. Such deceipt. Naturally, I take everything with a grain of salt, but really, nothing would surprise me with the church anymore. I can't believe the psychopaths in TSCC that would accept a 50k donation from a family that was barely scraping by.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.