Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: an991 ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 12:25PM

This is taken from the LDS records site:
"In cases where an identifier such as the MRN is assigned to non-members, the number may be referred to as an administrative number. In such cases the identifier appears on a memberĀ“s record, but does not itself refer to a separate membership record for the individual to whom it has been assigned."

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Membership_record_number

Do you think they assign numbers to some investigators who have attended a few times just to inflate their numbers and make it seem like TSCC is growing a lot faster than what it actually is? They say they can assign numbers to non members....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 12:26PM

I think they assign a number to nonmember spouses. They are frequently on ward lists, even if they are not members.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 12:30PM

And people who resign probably have their membership number turned into an administrative number.

We exmos are still in their database. They don't forget about us: they just mark our records differently.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 02:22PM

In the LDS database, I'm sure they keep everything the same on your file, including baptism date, mission, ordinances, etc. They just add "voluntary excommunication date" to your record and change your status from "member" to "resigned".

They are saving your file for when you decide to come back and have your "blessings restored".

Posted by: Gelaendewagen ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 08:47PM

twojedis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they assign a number to nonmember spouses.
> They are frequently on ward lists, even if they
> are not members.

Wait, what the hell?! I'm a nonmember spouse, how do I get my name off their rolls?

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 01:53PM

I'm not sure how you do that. All I know is that two of my friends in our ward were married to nonmember spouses, but their spouses were on the ward list.

Posted by: Thomas $. Monson ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 04:33PM

Membership record numbers for non-members, what a joke. Food for thought...

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 04:34PM

What we do know for sure is that if a child is blessed but not baptized that they are counted as a member. Also since the church probably looses track of them they are counted as a member even if they die - the church assumes that the live to the age of 110.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.