Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kj ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 09:40AM

Posted by Taddlywog yesterday:

My whole day came to a crashing stop when I
> learned Jennyfoo aka Eloher aka Jennifer Bosch
> passed away in her sleep yesterday. She had wrist
> surgery on Friday to help with hand mobility. She
> wanted to be ready for summer break. At this
> point they suspect a blood clot. She leaves
> behind Andy the Emminent and their 4 young
> children.
>
> I was lucky enough. to live near her in northern
> Ca until last year. We got together a few times.
> She suffered from Ankylosing spondylitis an auto
> immune disease that caused her a great deal of
> pain and made her susceptible to several other
> complications. I am sharing this because some long
> timers may remember her.

This is so sad. I remember reading her posts here. I admired her strength to live and enjoy her husband and kids.
RIP in peace dear Jennifer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 09:44AM

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 09:44AM

So sad. RIP.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 09:47AM

Very sad, indeed, and a real shock.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 09:48AM

That is sad. She was so young.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 09:51AM

:( I hope her kids are ok. Very sad indeed

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 09:53AM

Oh, no. This terrible. Very sad.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 09:58AM

How sad. My heart goes out to her family.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:03AM

Posted by: ava ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:10AM

Very sad.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:11AM

I'm sad for her and now for her family and friends. Good thoughts, stregth and love to her children.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:25AM

Condolences to all her family and friends.

Tom in Paris

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:27AM

Jen and I adopted African American children at the same time and corresponded often off-board. I am so sorry to hear that her babies have lost their mama - some were special needs, like mine.

Jen and her husband didn't have the best of family support once they left the church. I'm hoping that, for the sake of their sweet children, family members will step up to help Andy raise the kids.

;o)

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 10:45AM

I am so sad to hear of this. I will always remember being so touched when she shared the story of adopting a couple of children who would have been in foster care and who had some special needs. She shared that after leaving the church, she sought out sources of help that she wouldn't have sought out when she was in because it's so hard for mormons to admit that they don't have the perfect family with perfect children.

My heart is with her family. What a beautiful soul they have lost.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:36AM

RIP

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:39AM

I remember her her well, this is such sad news. My deepest sympathy to her family.

Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:50AM

Hang in there Andy.

Jerry

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:49AM

She was a lovely person and I enjoyed her posts so much!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:49AM

Oh DEAR! This is shocking and sad news. Poor Andy and the children.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 11:03AM

So sorry to hear of her passing .. she was a wonderful woman.
I didn't know her personally, but her contributions and struggles impressed me greatly.

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 11:04AM

So very sad. Too young and with a young family. I am so sorry. Love to Andy and family. (and her 'name' was always one of my favorites -- eloHER)

Posted by: dit ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 11:07AM

Oh my.....RIP Eloher....really liked her posts!

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 11:08AM

Condolences all around.

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 11:24AM

Thanks for the fun commentaries, Jennyfoo. Nice hanging with you and Andy at the Sac Exmo Meetups in ~2004.

May your afterlife be pleasant and free of Masonic handshakes, correlation meetings and run-ins with Joe Smith, and may your kids and Br. Eminent have enough memories of you to last all their days.

Reinventing Grace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2013 11:27AM by reinventinggrace.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 12:39PM

Bye, Jenny.

Thank you for being my friend. You'll never know how grateful I am for the warm support you gave to me when I needed it so very badly and how much I did, and DO, appreciate you.

Know just how much you made the world a better place for a bunch of people you knew in person...and for us all.

You will be missed by so many.

Bon voyage.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 12:40PM

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 02:20PM

My condolences to her family and to all of us.

She certainly had one of the great board nicknames!

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 03:15PM

So sorry! I loved her moniker! Rest in peace.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 03:29PM

Please pass on to the family my condolences, OK?

Posted by: jbug ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 03:33PM

I am very sad. I remember her and her wonderful posts and thoughts. She will be missed. RIP

Posted by: victorianrose23 ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 03:36PM

Ooops! I missed this thread. Sorry. :) Jenny will be desperately missed. She was such an incredible person. I loved her so much.

Date: May 20, 2013 03:41PM

There is a memorial page on facebook, with a link to a paypal donation account, set up for Andy and the kids.

https://www.facebook.com/InMemoryOfJennyFoo?fref=ts

Date: May 20, 2013 03:50PM

Regarding the paypal link - Just in case people might be worrying, since I know most of you don't know me - Heather Moe/MoeGirl is the one who set up account. She did it as a way to help Andy and the kids out, during this difficult time. Our hearts are with them, and I wish there was more that could be done to alleviate their grief.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 09:37AM

Thank you VictorianRose. Terrible, sad loss.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 05:25PM

For some reason hosting this thread seemed overwhelming to me. I am feeling a little homesick right now... stuck in Utah.

Our kids got along and I wish we were there to offer some support/kid breaks to Andy. Jen was so kind helping me keep my husband's disability in perspective. He's not always good at expressing pain. They were a couple like us.

Posted by: kj ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 06:28PM

Taddlywog..I so appreciate your post from yesterday.
I just had to give Jenn her own place here. I'm happy you approve. I was nervous using your words without permission.

Thank You for letting us know about Jenn.

She was so special.
I only knew her from here/RfM.
She is missed.
We are grieving.

KJ/AnonyMs

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 05:32PM

It's taken me a day to figure out how to reply and I still don't know how. I'm just incredibly sorry for her, her family, her kids. Her passing is so tragic.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 05:37PM

She was far too young and already suffered too much. I am so so sorry to hear this.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 06:46PM

Condolences to all her family.

I too loved her board name here and her story about foo foo being her childhood nickname. It always made me laugh.

Posted by: tilliegilman ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:40PM

That's so sad. Condolences to her family.

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:44PM

So young, and so beautiful. My condolences to her family.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 20, 2013 10:49PM

That's so tragic. I hope she wasn't into much pain at the end. My condolences to her family.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 05:04PM

Thanks, KJ, for letting us know. That was a lovely post by Taddlywog.

I adored Eloher's posts. Her board name reflected her humor, brains, and sass. She also contributed what I consider to be one of the funniest RFM stories of all time about her mom's coffee addiction that was serviced by coffee enemas. Eloher called it, "The best part of waking up is Folger's up your butt."

For those who never had the good fortune to read an Eloher post:
http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon504.htm
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,348858,348858#msg-348858

Peace Jennyfoo. You will be missed.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 05:32AM

Much love to you.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 09:19PM

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 11:54PM

Love and condolences to Andy and family.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 11:55PM

I have been thinking about her a lot this week. Makes me sad :(

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 12:02AM

a way to get the two threads here to Andy please do or let me know how. I want him and the kids to know there were others that valued her. I am so sad to hear this. I looked forward to her updates on their life and her occasional drop ins. Very very sad.

Date: May 22, 2013 10:43PM

Susan, I'll give him the URLs. I know the kind thoughts and words will mean a lot to him.

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 12:33AM

I was very shocked and saddened to read about Jennyfoo on Facebook. She was such an inspiration and I always wondered how she managed with all of her health problems to be such a patient and terrific mom. She loved her family more than anything. I wish I could have known her in person. Rest in peace, Jenn. And my deepest sympathy to Andy and the children.

Posted by: adamisfree2006 ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 12:39PM

Noooooooooooooooo... This is so sad! I have been a poster/lurker for 8+ years and remember her posts. I am sad for Andy her husband and young children. RIP Jenny! You will be missed.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 12:13AM

Hi Adam. Too many, right? Too many RfMers leaving us . . . Jennifer/Eloher, FlattopSF/xwz, Deenie. Makes me sad.

;o(

Posted by: adamisfree2006 ( )
Date: June 01, 2013 02:23PM

... and she was young! I guess it doesn't change the fact that we are getting older though. Just bums me out!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 01:42PM

I am always at a loss for words when someone dies before their time. Such a tragic loss when a voice is silenced. Sincere condolences to Jennifer's family. We just lost a friend who is our age recently, and as I said, I'm at a loss for words.

Ron Burr

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 11:33PM

I'm so very sad everyone who were close to her. I clicked on her father's FB page. Her parents looked very TBM and were on a senior mission. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. Jenny dosen't look very old, mabey 30. I'm and lost for words. I barely recognize her moniker. I haven't been on RFM very long.

I'm thinking of you Jenny and your family too. I will pray for them. Hopefully they can move on without you, and find peace. Things like this always make you think of your life and family and how you want to leave your lasting impression on the world.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 12:55AM

So very tragic. So sad for Andy and the kids! Please let us know if there's an online guestbook or anything where we can post our love and support.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Mysticma ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 01:18AM

Loved Jennyfoo posts. My condolences to Andy and their children at this sad and difficult time.

Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 02:02AM

I am sorry I am so late ..I loved her posts and witty remarks. Heart felt feelings to Andy and the children.

JB

Posted by: andytheeminent ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 02:55AM

Thank you all for the kind words and support and love for Jenn, me and my family. It means a lot to get hugs even in a virtual form and our shared love of Jenn helps bring her back in our hearts. There is a Jenn-shaped emptiness that will never be filled, but we can keep her with us by remembering to talk about her and keeping her in our thoughts.

Its been probably over 8 years since I first posted on RFM and I have many friends and acquaintances here but Jenn was far more active posting than I and was much more well known and admired. Over the years she vowed to keep in touch (on this board and in other ways) with those who helped us in our path out of and recovering from mormonism. The friendships forged during those transitional years are strong and we both appreciate seeing you and sharing our stories. The mormon church is still a strong influence in our extended family (my parents are serving a senior mission as someone stated above) and this is the first time I've had to deal with their meddling for a while. They are trying to be 'respectful' but really don't know how - My daughter said its like trying to tell an extreme comic book fan that the comic is just a work of fiction... in one ear and out the other, or anger and outrage "how dare you even propose that spider man is not really a super hero?"

Anyway...

A memorial service for Jenn will be held 6/1 in our Family home. There is an event on Facebook and anyone who is already invited can share the invite and get the details. It will be a public open house, casual, and "come as you are" - to share our memories and experience the home and garden that are her legacy.

If you're not on FB (ahem) get out from under the rock you've been hiding and register... ;-)

Love to all.

Andy the Eminent.
(Husband to Eloher)

I have access to all of Jennyfoo's email and accounts so if you know that and need any details feel free to contact "her" and I will get back to you.

Posted by: Adamisfree2006 ( )
Date: June 01, 2013 02:26PM

Posted by: SpongeBob SquareGarments ( )
Date: May 23, 2013 12:05PM

Always sad when someone you know, even if just on a chat-board, passes away - and so young.

Posted by: BtC ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 08:56AM

Haven't stopped by for a while. Sorry to hear of sweet Jenny's passing. Brilliant, clever and courageous young woman.

Belated condolences to Andy the Eminent and their sweet kids.

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:04AM

My condolences, I remember her on RFM, she inspired me to keep going in my exit process.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:14AM

So sad to read of this this morning. I hope the best for you and your family, Andy t.E. Please accept my condolences.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:15AM

Please pass my condolences on to her family.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 10:11AM

What terrible news. Condolences to her family and other loved ones.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 10:29AM

Nice thoughts and all, but the time for condolences is long past.

Eloher was one of the pillars around here back in the day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.