Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dent ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 09:46AM

BYU grad (1994) Eckhart got his start doing church films, and found his way to the big time. TBM's claim him as one of theirs, but he left the church many years ago.

This interview talks about his love of cigars, he smokes 6 a day. It is good to see him putting his cult teachings behind him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/apr/11/aaron-eckhart-olympus-has-fallen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 09:53AM

Yeah, I think it's great that he is an RM, BYU grad, and yet successful being an actor. Good-looking guy, too. But he's going to get mouth cancer if he's doing 6 cigars a day.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 12:00PM

6 cigars a day? Holy crap. Some take an hour to smoke.

Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 03:14PM

6 a day is heavy but I get the attraction. Nothing like a good Cuban to sit down and relax with at the end of the day, preferably accompanied by a fine scotch or bourbon. Whenever I have a day in London I try to visit the historic cigar shop JJ Fox. They have an excellent selection and you can sit upstairs and smoke whilst enjoying the good coffee that is provided on the house. It is nothing fancy but there is something special about sitting in the same shop that Winston Churchill and Oscar Wilde would have enjoyed their stogies particularly as you can do so safe in the knowledge that there will be no TBMs there just waiting to tittle tattle on you to Bishop.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 03:47PM

that is a bit excessive. But whatever floats his boat!

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 04:08PM

Thank You For Smoking was a fantastic movie and should be required watching for high schoolers.

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 04:18PM

I'm a bit of a cigar nut myself, member of a cigar club, you name it. I have a decent size collection of cubans. However, 6 a day is a lot, but hey, it's his life and his mouth. I'm lucky if I get to smoke 1 or 2 a week. When I went to Cuba, when I could smoke whenever and whereever I wanted, I was smoking about 3 or 4 per day, but that dropped back down to 1 or 2 a week after getting back. It's been a week and a half since my last one and I'm seriously missing them right now. Ah hell, I'll have one tonight, I'm jealous.

I like this guy more now that I read this, exmo cigar nut. My kind of guy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.