Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tig ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 08:08AM

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/03/missionaries-help-raise-funds-for-nauvoo-hay?lang=eng

So the church runs Nauvoo as a "historical information center" read "a way to reinforce whitewashed history and hopefully gain more tithe paying schmucks"

Most of the people that run this thing are volunteers, senior couples who pay their own way to share what they believe...fair enough...kind of.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Nauvoo in a let's eat popcorn, walk around and view a Disney type presentation of history sort of way, but this is a bit ridiculous.

For those that didn't read the article, last years hay crop in Nauvoo was particularly bad and so it would cost upwards of $10,000 to feed the horses that pull the wagon loads of tourists around the town. So what did they do? The senior missionary couples contacted other senior missionary couples that had served there in the past and....THEY ALL REACHED IN THEIR POCKETS TO PONY (pun intended) UP MORE MONEY TO FEED THE DAMN HORSES! You have got to be fucking kidding me?!?!?!

The MORG couldn't spare 10K to feed their own fucking horses? These senior missionaries had to do it for them? And this is a GOOD thing? Good God, Count Chocula probably spends more than that each week on his widow habit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 08:12AM

some weeks back to see a bunch of older couples doing the weeding. My 75-year-old aunt and 80-year-old uncle help clean some of the temples in SLC and the conference center, but do you think they've ever been able to get tickets to conference? Nope. My 27-year-old daughter got them some from her Stake RS president friend--so my elderly aunt and uncle could finally go to a session of conference at the CC. It is getting beyond belief how they are USING the members.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.