Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Widget ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 02:18AM

Here's a version of the First Vision from fabulist JS that we were never taught by the truth-shy TSCC:

"I retired to the silent grove and bowd down before the Lord, under a realising sense that he had said (if the bible be true) ask and you shall recieve[,] knock and it shall be opened[,] seek and you shall find and again, if any man lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all men liberally and upbradeth not; information was what I most desired at this time, and with a fixed determination I to obtain it, I called upon the Lord for the first time, in the place above stated or in other words I made a fruitless attempt to pray, my toung seemed to be swolen in my mouth, so that I could not utter, I heard a noise behind me like some person walking towards me, <I> strove again to pray, but could not, the noise of walking seemed to draw nearer, I sprung up on my feet, and looked around, but saw no person or thing that was calculated to produce the noise of walking, I kneeled again my mouth was opened and my toung liberated, and I called on the Lord in mighty prayer, a pillar of fire appeared above my head, it presently rested down upon my <me> head, and filled me with joy unspeakable, a personage appeard in the midst, of this pillar of flame which was spread all around, and yet nothing consumed, another personage soon appeard like unto the first, he said unto me thy sins are forgiven thee, he testifyed unto me that Jesus Christ is the son of God; <and I saw many angels in this vision> I was about 14. years old when I recieved this first communication;

(ref. http://josephsmithpapers.org/paperSummary/interview-9-november-1835?p=1 and the next page, by clicking on the ">" icon box)

I want to see a South Park version of this!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: greekgod ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 06:00AM

mushrooms

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 06:48AM

I was thinking it was kind of like the old Smith film made by BYU in the 1970s with him hearing something walk closer and jumping to his feet and his tongue being swollen, etc. So, I looked it up on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_llX9p4Rak

I had forgotten what a creepy little movie that was. I must have been shown it a hundred times when I was a kid.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.