Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: toasty ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 05:51PM

I have a family member who's scheduled to return from a mission late this summer. The date given messes up his mother's participation during BYU's Education Week, so they've manipulated a family member with ties to a Utah university into getting a member of that university's coaching staff to write a letter saying the missionary must return home earlier to attend conditioning. This annoys me to no end. This family presents themselves as having integrity, and holding church ideals as part of their sales pitch for their LDS products and civic positions. They're grown adults, why can't they just call the mission president and say they need their son to return home a week earlier? Why create this lie? Why involve other people in the lie? Don't know if I can stand to listen to the whole, "RETURN WITH HONOR," spew when he gets back...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 10:12PM

Hey, why the surprise? Lying is taught from the pulpit every week and froim the highest levels. They're just following the script. There so conditioned as to it being acceptable and normal, they can't recognize what they're really doing.

And my wife wonders why I simply can't attend and why it bothers me so.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 05:02AM

Yes, it is the way Mormons bend the rules and manipulate the leaders. No one ever gets the bright idea that they can just say "No."

"President, I will be going home a couple of week early, to suit my family's schedule. After all this has been a volunteer service, plus my parents have paid for everything, and more."

"Mom, you do not need to meet me at the airport. We will see each other a week later."

"Hey you friends who want me to lie--if you choose Education Week
Over your son--you are adults and must live with the consequences of your decisions. I Choose not to lie."

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 08:08AM

current AG here in Utah--I asked my nonmo boyfriend--"Hey, do they look mormon?" We all know they do. They are both being investigated for problems with campaign money.

A lot of mormons can always "justify" whatever lack of integrity they have. They are above the law.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2013 08:09AM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.