Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: weepingwillow ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 04:40PM

Do you think that God has always been or was a man with a god of his own? If he always existed then do you think there is a savior for every world he created or do you think Jesus went and died on every world? Id be too close minded to think we are the only planet with beings if God has this whole universe to himself.
This is where I get confused because to me, the Mormon explanation is easier to wrap my head around (except polygamy, I don't think a righteous god would need all those wives to makes all the spirits. Abracadabra works for me.)
So what do you think or believe now that no one with "the truth" is telling you how it is?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forgot to log in ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 08:49PM

This is what I think:

If other worlds are inhabited, this is the only one where Satan landed when he was thrown out of Heaven. So the other worlds don't have a temptor.

And not having a temptor, they don't need a savior.
I also believe God has always been God. And there was no pre-existance as Mormons teach it.

Remember, the Genesis story of the creation does not say that when God created Adam "out of the dust of the earth" that He took a soul and put it into Adam.

It says He breathed into Adam "the breath of life" and Adam BECAME a living soul.

Of course, I also don't believe in organized religion and certainly don't believe in a "true church" on earth.

But that's just me.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 11:28PM

If you break down how all religions consider God to act, they all believe God is a petty, vindictive, unforgiving nutjob who is obsessed with ritual and rules, allows his children to endure hideous pain and misery, and dishes out the most extreme and disproportionate punishments for petty infractions that often make no negative impact on anyone. I don't believe in that god.

As for Jesus, his story is a plagiarism of many stories of man-gods who died as a sacrifice for so-called sins. The entire idea is ridiculous if you believe in an all powerful god. The Jesus story is that of a scapegoat only expanded to human sacrifice. It's as unnecessary as the death of animals in order to take away sin. It's primitive, illogical sh!t.

I hope there is a transcendence and not finality at death, but no-one knows. I do know every notion of the supernatural and life after death stinks of human invention in order to control others and extort treasure.

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 04:45AM

I wrote this in my journal and I'll summarize what I wrote here, but I'll confess that I am now an atheist. However, this is how I reasoned before I ended up where I am.

I thought that we weren't given the whole picture with religion, but rather were just "subjected" to this world and the world of problems. I love astronomy, so I knew that there are billions upon billions of stars out there, but since the distances are so astronomical (i.e. the star Promixa Centauri is something like 22,000,000,000,000 miles away), I figured that it was God's wisdom, or actually the wisdom of the Gods that we were "doomed" to our little rock in the solar system, which is what our mortal minds can comprehend.

I figured that Jesus was our Savior but not the Savior of every world. I actually thought that that was our jobs, once we became Gods ourselves. I figured the ultimate sacrifice was for us to do what Jesus did. I wasn't sure how God/Elohim fit into the picture, but I was thinking that maybe he was just another Jesus kind of guy who died and suffered for another world.

Anyway, I figured that after we passed our test on Earth, we'd be able to learn about the stars, how to pass light speed, how many worlds there were, and how the rest of the universe worked. That was my belief, not anymore, but it was when I was a diest.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.