Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon for Today ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 12:40PM

I know...this is an EX-Mormon forum, but I need to vent, plus I know there are TBM lurkers here.

An Open Letter to Lapsed, But Still-Believing Mormons who Decide to Marry non-Mormons:

- When we tell you we already have a religion, we mean it. When we say Mormonism is going to be a problem, we mean it.
- Don’t tell us before you marry us that, “I’ll convert,” when what you really mean is, “I’ll convert YOU.”
- If you promise you’ll convert… live up to your promises…don’t call the mishies. Do that and your both a liar and a cult member. In fact, show us a copy of your resignation letter and your official “You’re out” letter from Salt Lake City before you go down the aisle.
- Don’t be shocked when we “investigate” Mormonism and declare it unbiblical and un-Christian… even a cult… Do you think we’re going to take your daddy’s word that “We’re Christian, too” when we start hearing the bizarro things your TBM friends and relatives spout when they’re around each other?
- Do us the courtesy of really investigating what WE believe.
- If you want Peter Priesthood or Molly Mo as a spouse… get back on the treadmill that is the Mormon religion, and do all that jazz that “worthy” Mormons do to find a good Mormon spouse. I doubt you’ll be happier, but I guarantee, in the long run, the non-Mormons you are chasing will be.
- When you make poor choices in marriage, don’t blame your irresponsibility or lack of character on lack of ability to “resolve this problem of religion”…especially when YOU said you’d convert. Even Mormonism condemns your actions…although it probably says they’re understandable, given you are married to an evil Anti-Mo.

You are warned!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 11:06AM

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. I hope things work out for the best. (Whatever the case, RfM is a great place to vent!)

: )

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 11:45AM

I like your way of explaining that :) perhaps we should turn this into a mass email for Mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.