Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Not a Member of the Bald Chicken Club ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 09:50PM

…even worse, he is a founding member…

Folks worry about whether President Bush is/was a member of the skull and bones. Whether President Obama is a secret Muslim imported into America by the Illuminati. Whether the Trilateral Commission, New World Order, or Burger Builders are secretly running the world…

Newsflash!!!. North Salt Lake City Police Chief Craig S. Black is a founding member of one such Secret Combination.

It was the era of President Ezra Taft Benson. The Book of Mormon was the keystone of our religion. It’s inspired words were replete with dire warnings against secret combinations (Ether 8, Helaman 2, 6) President Benson prophetically warned against Secret Combinations.

It was the Summer of 1987 in the Canada Winnipeg Mission. Mission President John D. Jeffries had a small fixation on Secret Combinations and repeatedly warned us against participating in them.

(Admittedly, the bar for what qualified as a “secret combination” was set rather low in the mind of President Jeffries. We were not allowed to socialize with other missionaries unless at approved gatherings. If we did, it was called “congregating” and was against the rules. Because congregating was breaking the rules as a group. It qualified as a “secret combination.”)

Future Police Chief, fresh faced young missionary Elder Black had some minor medical issue (the nature of which I’ve long forgotten). He required some minor surgery in his downstairs area. So in preparation for the surgery he had his nether-regions shaved clean.

In solidarity with Elder Black, a number of his fellow Elders decided to shave off their downstairs hair as well. And those involved called themselves “The Bald Chicken Club.”

Somehow, President Jeffries got wind of the Bald Chicken Club and he was incensed. He interviewed all of us who were associated with Elder Black—those of us who were friends, companions, or had come under his sinister influence as a District Leader. I will never forget President Jeffries face in that interview. After a stern, stern lecture on the evils of Secret Combinations, he gave me his best “I have priesthood discernment” stare and solemnly asked me “are you a member of Elder Black’s Bald Chicken Club.”

If I recall correctly, I think that Elder Black was demoted from being a District Leader over his founding of a secret combination. But it’s 26 years later and I could be wrong on that. Even if he lost his DL-ship over the Bald Chicken Club, he soon regained it, and was soon promoted to Zone Leader.

So there you have it. Police Chief Craig S. Black was once punished by the church for the founding of a Secret Combination.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dit ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 10:20PM

hilarious!!! bald chicken club is preferred method here!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 10:46PM

I love crown burgers.

Posted by: Not a Bald Chicken... ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 11:52PM

Bilderbergs...
Burger Buiders was me just being silly

Posted by: Secret Combinations and Illuminati ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 11:58PM

You guys are a laugh a minute. Mormons and their Secret Combinations, and mocking "Illuminati" believers. A pack of crooks by any name is still a pack of crooks. Mormon founders were crooks, as are their modern day leadership.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 01:43AM

I could have gone my whole life without knowing that. I'm glad I don't live in North Salt Lake because that is a mental picture I don't need in my crime prevention category.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 08:42PM

Posted by: alphonso ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 09:16AM

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 09:35AM

Secret handshakes, secret passwords, secret rituals, secret oaths, secret names...tell me, how is it NOT a secret combination?

Posted by: altava ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 11:52PM

This was one of the warning signs I had about the church. From the church it self....

Posted by: minor2nd ( )
Date: April 30, 2013 10:10AM

Anti-masonic rhetoric was riding high in Joseph Smith's days. As a matter of fact, much of the "secret combination" doctrine in the Book of Mormon could be interpreted as a critique of Masonry.

Yet another example of something Joseph Smith changed his mind about, the nature of the Godhead and Polygamy, being two other prominent examples.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 09:36AM

LMFAO.......Bald Chicken Club! LOL LOL...

Did they pioneer the "Mormon Manscape"? LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 11:23AM by jl.

Posted by: metatron ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 10:50AM

...and I am sure Mr. Black is very happy that you have chosen to share this with the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 10:51AM by metatron.

Posted by: Not a Member of the BCC ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 03:12PM

Unless he's changed past the point of recognition, he'll be laughing his butt off...

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 11:17AM

This is the best thing I've read all morning.

Sorry for the tangent, but I'm mystified as to why the male member is so often referred to as a chicken (e.g., choking the chicken). It doesn't look like a chicken or any part thereof. It sure as hell doesn't taste like chicken. So why call it a chicken? Why not a turkey, or a penguin for that matter?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 11:30AM

Because the other name for it is a cock, which is a type of rooster. Then again, that doesn't explain why it is so often called a cock. Though I have an idea.

Those big blooms, that marching bands wear on their helmets are sometimes referred to as cocks. Both the helmet and the plume item actually predates marching bands and used to be standard parts of military uniforms two hundred years ago, and were probably called cocks then. They are very phallic, and I thought the term came from them resembling the male Penis, but now I think the term for penis came from the other way around. All those soldiers march off to fight in 1812 probably would have made it a popular term.

Date: April 29, 2013 11:42AM

FCD saves the day! Thank you! As a child of the 80s, I totally disassociated the word 'cock' from 'chicken' and only associate it with 'penis,' so I forgot about the cock/chicken connection.

And now, please excuse me while I check YouTube for videos of marching bands.

Date: April 29, 2013 11:46AM

Remember its just a theory, and cock was a slang term for the plume thing, it was never the official name.

Date: April 29, 2013 11:50AM

That's fine. It gives me another potential fetish, which is all that matters.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 11:45AM

Well, it does rather resemble a chicken neck.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 11:23AM

That's hilarious!

Date: April 29, 2013 11:33AM

I thought this was going to be some nutty conspiracy theory where someone accuses a police chief of sacrificing babies and stealing goats.

Actually, I kind of hope the Salt Lake media picks up on it now, and does a human interest story on Black about it. Just a small blurb, nothing big, nothing that harms his career, but makes his mission president look like an ass, and by extension reminds everyone how stupid church leaders can be. Though I do hope they wait until he retires, so it doesn't undermine his ability to lead.

Posted by: Not a Member of th BCC ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 04:40PM

"Actually, I kind of hope the Salt Lake media picks up on it now, and does a human interest story on Black about it"

--I never thought of that. It would be nice, but unlikely, this is the only place I posted it.

"makes his mission president look like an ass"

--it kinda does, but it wasn't my intention. President Jeffries was simply steeped in the LDS culture of the time, but I'm certain his heart was in the right place.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 11:33AM

I thought for sure members of the club were going to have to drop their drawers in front of Jeffries to prove membership in said club!! Hahahha!!

Posted by: Not a member of the BC Club ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 07:23PM

Y'know, I have wondered how President Jeffries got wind of the Bald Chicken Club? I can't imagine someone just mentioning it to the pres in casual conversation.

It might have come up during a worthiness interview. If the President asked about "self abuse" an Elder might have spilt the beans.

Or maybe a couple of Elders mentioned in passing and an uptight Elder thought he could score some points by reporting it to the right authorities.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 08:51PM

Hahahahaha!! I can see some Utah farm-boy concluding that shaving the "downstairs area" equals "self-abuse." <snicker>

;o)

Posted by: Bal not reg ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 09:08PM

Behind the barn down on my knees I thought I heard a chicken sneeze

ring a bell?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.