Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 05:28PM

So, my staunchly mormon dad is all upset about the fact that the gay actor who appears in the temple film signed some letter to the Bros. asking them to rethink the church's position on homosexuality. (if you don't know what this is about, there are other threads out there)

Anyway, I am reminded of the fact that my pops can't sit still while he watches certain actors, athletes, etc., who have said or done things he finds annoying. For example, my dad refuses to watch anything featuring Alec Baldwin because he has so many problems with Mr. Baldwin's politics. If we are watching anything and Alec Baldwin appears, my dad will start ranting about the guy.

I so wish I could record my dad's reaction to the temple film now that he knows it features a dude who openly opposes the church on this issue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 05:32PM

The leading lady in that appeared topless in another film. Also, the actor who played Joseph Smith is gay. Ask him if he wants to picket.

Posted by: tngal123 ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 05:33PM

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 05:36PM

Posted by: tngal123 ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 05:57PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 06:48PM

tngal123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

That was VERY funny.

And thanks for showing us those beautiful parrots. They were very... Oh. That wasn't the point of the video, was it?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 05:33PM

You really have an opportunity for such fun, Duder.

You could make up any old rubbish about your dad's favourite stars and feed this disinformation to him!

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 06:00PM

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 06:14PM

And he's just a few mouse clicks away from seeing Legacy's Eliza in all her glory.

Posted by: canuckguy ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 07:23PM

I googled his name and found an interview of him in his job in 2009:

http://www.mycollegesandcareers.com/blog/2009/07/criminal-justice-careers-interview-fred-hunting/

Posted by: LongTimeGone ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 09:39PM

Wait, wait, wait! That hot guy was Adam in the temple movie? I'm a straight woman, but I can enjoy some delicious eye candy regardless of the gender said hot-dude finds attractive.

I was too busy worrying about remembering the super secret handshakes and pantomimes of slitting my own throat and disemboweling myself to even notice him. That is just wrong! *teardrop*

Rachel
My super special new name since the end of August 1989...that very special day when I was oiled up and rubbed by an old lady with halitosis, clothed in the most gawd-awful white polyester get-up, and led like a lamb-to-slaughter to my first cult indoctrination session. Good times.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 08:49PM

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 09:06PM

We don't talk much about actors or entertainers in general, because she pretty much hates everyone I like and can't stop herself from throwing a huge barfing fit at the mere mention of a name.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.