Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 06:52PM

When I was a teenager, we had a Bishop who was an agent for the FBI. He had a cool last name since it was the same thing as the weapon he carried. I remember one Mutual night the Bishop walked up behind me, grabbed me by the neck, marched me out the front door, picked me up and threw me about 10 feet whereupon I landed on a concrete sidewalk. I felt my hands and knees burning from the blood pouring out of them and saw my new jeans and been destroyed. We were poor and having new clothes to wear to school was important. Most of the time, I had out grown my clothes and the bottom of my pants would be above my ankles.

I remember looking up and seeing the Bishop, his counselors, the adults that were there and most of the youth (my friends) looking at me as he yells for me to never return to church. I am hurt, dumb founded and have no ideal why I was so viciously attacked. No one came to assist me as I sat there and watched everyone follow the Bishop back into the building.

I later learned the Bishop had attacked me because one of the girls in the ward had confessed to being on drugs and would not give up who she was getting the drugs from, just she got them at church. The Bishop was inspired that I was the Ward Drug Dealer. At least that is what I was told the Bishop had announced to those that witnessed this attack on a child by a big man with a gun.

The truth is I have never taken drugs, know very little about drugs. The ward drug dealer was actually the President of the Priest Quorum whom the inspired Bishop claimed he had been inspired should be an example to the other youth of the ward. The President of the Priest Quorum would drive the other kids in the ward to seminary every morning and on the way back to school he would sell the kids that rode in his car their drugs. I went to a different high school so I was unaware of this activity.

I made my way home and I must have been quite a sight to my parents. I looked like I had been mugged with my clothes torn up and blood everywhere. All I could think about all the way home was calling the police and having this Inspired Bishop arrested.

My parents upon learning it was the Bishop that had attacked me; forbade me from calling the police either that night or ever. Their reason was the newspaper might learn of the attack and the church would be cast in a bad light. I was also told I could not call the police since the inspired bishop was a FBI agent and he might lose his job and hinder his career.

The following Sunday, I was not getting dressed for church and my father told me I had to go. I so wanted to not go and face that man.

The inspired Bishop never spoke to me or apologized for what he did. He was finally transferred and we got a new Bishop.

The greater trauma for me was my parents had not protected me but sacrificed me on the altar of their beloved religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 07:02PM

Isn't that amazing that people can be taught to love and protect a corporation over THEIR OWN CHILDREN?

When you consider that we are hardwired to protect our offspring, especially a man from another aggressive man, it boggles the mind.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive your parents. It's hard, but it helps to remember that they are victims of the cult too--they just don't know it.

Thanks for sharing. People need to know the kind of brutality their kids might be subjected to when they sacrifice their reason and true beliefs because "it's good for the kids."

No, it isn't. And you add your voice to the chorus which is getting louder and louder.

NO, IT ISN'T GOOD FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!

Anagrammy

Posted by: slimchance ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 09:32AM

--"I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive your parents. It's hard, but it helps to remember that they are victims of the cult too--they just don't know it."--

Thanks for that thought Anagrammy.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 07:30PM

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 07:51PM

What a horrible thing!! I am so sorry, both for the bishop and especially that your parents did not protect you.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 07:56PM

I don't think you need to forgive your parents. It was terrible of them to do nothing on your behalf, especially when they knew you were innocent. How awful. And then they forced you to go back to that building and face that jerkoff. This world treats children like dirt.

Posted by: raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 08:38PM

My heart hurts for you.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 08:52PM

Holy crap kid, I feel for ya. My dad was FBI, and when I was 17, he met me at "his" front door with his loaded .45 pointed at my face. I didn't return.

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 06:35AM

Wow. Do you want to share the story behind that? (In a different post for greater visibility.). Or have you already?

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 06:40AM

If the guy is still FBI, it's not too late to tell someone above him that they have a loose cannon who will attack children on hunches.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:26AM

Odd. I've had to work with several FBI guys and they were all dicks. Horrible dicks. In a security meeting once between officers of several organizations, a representative of the FBI office was thrown out for being, what? A dick! The local FBI chief was told not to attend or send another representative. I had an adjacent neighbor who was FBI, and what was he? A dick! He physically abused his wife and teenage son, who was my twins' best friend at the time. The boy stayed over at our house once, and his dad came over and pounded on the door in the middle of the night, threatened us, and took his son home.

I've had to deal with a lot of people in various government security and intelligence offices, like FBI, CIA, Treasury, and Secret Service. Many were dicks, many were nice, but FBI were always total dicks.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 03:12AM

having spent 30 years working for one of the Alphabet Soup agencies, it seemed to me that aside from our own ranks, the biggest number of absolute dicks came from the Border Patrol types. It was commonly believed in our agency that you had to be a dick just to pass the BP's initial screening for employment.

When Saigon fell and we suddenly had zillions of refugee Vietnamese that had to be processed into the American beaurocratic system, our agency had to share a smelly, hot canvas tent with Border Patrol people. They had one table, which the refugees stopped at first, and then they were moved along to our table. I spoke a little French, so I was able to ask some of the people the stuff our agency needed to know. My co-worker and I kept a big jar-full of lollipops and handed them out to the little kids as they left. If we found a Vietnamese who could speak English, we would beg them to interpret for us, and they always did so graciously.

We were totally disgusted with the other representatives of our Government, the dicks at the BP table. They were rude to the people, said terrible things about them in Spanish (my co-worker and I both spoke Spanish, so we understood what they were saying) and sometimes even in English. They obviously didn't give two hoots whether anyone understood them or not.

I'd be lying if I said I never met a Border Patrol person who could pass for civilized, but there weren't a lot of them.

Posted by: Thomas S. Monson ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 10:59PM

Posted by: eyesopen ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 11:19PM

Wow. I can imagine that hurt your parents caused by not standing up for you was and always will be intense. Can't believe that nobody else stood up for you either, not even any of the adults. I'd have had the police meet me at the church, and they would probably have had to keep me away from him. Today, with social media, I think this kind of thing would be much harder to keep quiet.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 12:07AM

Wow, excuse the language but what a motherfucking piece of shit. That is wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.

Posted by: ballzac ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:52AM

Wait....motherfucking gets by the filter? YES!!!! (N/T)

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:53AM

we have to acknowledge JS somehow lol

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 12:12AM

The least your parents could have done for you is talk to the man. The next step up would be to confront him in private with you present and have him apologize in person.

Think about that. It is the LEAST they could have done for you. Truly despicable.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 12:18AM

there was an LDS FBI agent named Peter Gun(n)... REALLY!

I think his father (also FBI?) was named alfred gunn

I think he was in Seattle for a while

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2013 12:21AM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: charles, not logged in ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 07:13AM

I didn't believe your story at first, it just seemed too insane to imagine anything like that happening. It's over the top, but that's what the cult is all about. It would be hard to go to the police or the media now because you haven't got any evidence, but you should at least call your parents on the crap they pulled on you. Hunt the mofo bish down and tell him to his face he had/has zero inspiration.

BTW you never did say how you or anyone found out who the real culprit was.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 07:25AM

I am so very sorry that you went through the trauma as a teenager.

I hope you have found peace after the terrible incident.

Things like this make me wonder why TSCC continues to propagate the untrue, harmful teaching and doctrine of leaders being "inspired" by God.

Are the Big 15 and other ecclesiastical leaders within TSCC simply callous and heartless when it comes to such traumatic incidents?

Are they really unaware of the abuse of power on the local levels (as well as on the general levels)?

Posted by: King Brigham I ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 07:58AM

If charges against priests can be brought up several years after they abused children, why couldn't you bring up charges against the FBI bishop?

Since there were witnesses, at least a couple of them presumably would agree to acknowledge what they saw.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:10AM

Nobody is going to risk their temple recommend by standing up for a supposedly wayward youth. If the Bishop did it, it must be right. Even if it is not right, a faithful member will remain silent and obey.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 02:15PM

It may have been the best thing that ever happened to you. You saw the cult's true colors.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 02:31PM

I wish the FBI and the CIA would stop recruiting so heavily from BYU. All of those mormon-culture-indoctrinated students have problems with perspective and judgement. Those problems are bound to surface in their subsequent careers.

BYU students are really good at presenting a goody-good-good veneer. It's one of the skills that mormonism drills into its young people. However, in all too many cases, this is just a veneer. It cracks.

Furthermore, Goldmann Sachs should cut back on recruiting from BYU for the same reasons.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 03:09PM

We've seen many stories on this forum of women (and girls) being discouraged by their parents, their bishop, or both from reporting abuse, including rape.

The coverups for abuse by mormon Boy Scout leaders is similar.

The concept behind all these incidents is to protect the squeaky-clean front of the mormon church.

The result is that the church, perhaps unwittingly, becomes an organization in which abuse is provided an almost safe home in which to grow. Cover it up and you nuture it, even if that was not your intention.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 04:19PM

Unless your parents have apologized for their despicable behavior I don't see the need to forgive. You can still see them but now you know their character. Always remember they will sell you - or your kids- out to either the church or someone else they revere and don't wish to confront.

Parents don't get a free pass from everything just because they had sex one night.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 08:35PM

There are a lot of good hard working FBI agents, but my overall opinion of the agency is that where they really excel is in stepping in to hold a press conference and claim all the credit after regular cops and other agencies did all the work.

In other words, Mormons fit right into the agency.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 10:45PM

Typical dysfunctional family behavior.

The abuser is not reported because, "it might cause problems for
him, and not show our family in a good light."

This is considered pathological in a family setting. In a
church setting it's downright criminal.

But it's typical Mormonism at work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2013 10:45PM by baura.

Posted by: smith ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 10:53PM

This is motherfucking terrible. I want to vomit just thinking about what this bishop did to you, and a normal parent or even adult would never just let this happen.

The best thing that you can do is make sure everyone knows about it. You may not have any evidence, but you sure as heck can make both this dude and the church look bad...well it is a cult, so you can make the cult look bad!

Posted by: ledastray ( )
Date: April 22, 2013 02:40AM

Bellingham Wa?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.