Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ddrakep ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 06:39AM

I was talking to a friend the other day, and she mentioned how she hated the end of her belief in the church. She felt so much pressure, especially wearing of garments. As a form of rebellion, she wore a red thong and lace bra to the temple to view a family members sealing.I thought this was hysterical, and wish I whave thought of it.

Did anyone do this? I felt a form of rebellion the first time I attended church without them, but doing it at the temple would have been awesome. Please share!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2013 06:42AM by ddrakep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 08:18AM

Strikes me as strange that anyone would care what underwear someone happened to wear in a house of worship.

Posted by: ex-extrovert ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 08:58AM

Oh yeah! My husband and I didn't like the temple, and he was on his way out of the cult. I would wear my sexiest underwear on Sundays, in sacrament meeting, instead of garments. In meeting, I would tell him what I was wearing. Actually, I needed to feel sexy and powerful and proud to be a woman, which was hard to do in the cult. I regarded the human body as miraculous and beautiful, not sinful.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.