Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 09:54PM

...a foreskin?

No I mean, a testimony?

Could a man do everything he is supposed to do in Mormonism including accepting priesthood leadership "callings (and erections made sure)" without having to say "I know" or "I believe" or even "I have a suspicion" that what I'm doing is backed by belief?

I think the "worthiness" temple recommend questions require affirming what a bishop and higher ask as in some stupid loyalty questioning. But I'm curious if lack of "a testimony" is something that would impede a Mormon man's progression through their ranks?

I'm pretty sure anyone can pay the hefty Mormon dues sans avowing a "creed" of Mormon believingness. I'm also fairy positive you can attend everything possibly yeah, verily even "The Temple" without falling to your knees or ascending the chapel podium stairs with an empty stomach on the first Sunday of a month to profess your undying and enduring to your own end's everlasting and eternal beliefs in the cult that Joe started.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 10:01PM

I think it really depends. When I became an elder I had a bishop that made bearing your testimony to him, and then later to the entire elders quorum mandatory before you could become and elder. Now, if you wanted to lie you could, but you had to say you believed it to move on up the ladder.

Posted by: mandy ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 10:15PM

Yeah, you could lie. But you definitely couldn't move on up or even go to the temple without professing belief. There are some direct questions in a temple interview. Do you have faith in Jesus Christ? Do you sustain TSM as a prophet seer and revelator? Etc ect.
You probably don't really need to get up in sacrament meeting ever, but at some point you'll be asked about your testimony.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 10:34PM

If it's too much real life information; I apolgize.

But my BIC hubby was "intact". His Mormon Dr in the 50s didn't believe in multilation. This was in St. George.

After all , the human race has survived just fine for eons intact.

Besides the foreskin thing is a JEWISH covenant, not LDS!

What morons Mormons can be!

As far as belief; I think some of them brainwash themselves and just lie their a** off.

Their lives have never reflected that they even know what Christ taught, let alone trying to live kindness, forebearance, kindness, service,and being accountable for their actions!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 11:30AM

Mormon Observer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Besides the foreskin thing is a JEWISH covenant,
> not LDS!

Is circumcision a big deal for Mormons? I never experienced it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.