Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: psychobabble ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 09:14PM

So I live with TBM family members (my parents and a sister), and while they know I don't go to church, they don't know the depth of my "non-belief." I choose to not have that conversation with them ... at least not yet.

I have been inactive for a long time, but I continued to receive home teaching visits from a friend in the ward. He is a nice guy, and when he came over we would mostly just shoot the breeze, with a tiny "spiritual" message at the very end. So I tolerated those visits for a long time, but recently I decided I needed to end those for good. So I wrote my home teacher a text saying I didn't want to be home-taught anymore.

That was a few weeks ago. I got zero response from him. Then yesterday my dad comes up to me and says "did you ask your home teachers to not come by anymore?"

I just find it so ridiculous that my home teacher couldn't even be bothered to respond to my text with a simple "I understand," yet he has no problem going through the gossip-grape-vine in the ward until it gets back to me through my parents that he actually received my message.

Is it really that hard for these people to have a simple, normal communication directly with me? I'm an adult ... I have the unfortunate situation of living with my parents because of financial issues ... but that's no reason they can't have a simple dialogue with me.

I guess this is kind of a small thing, but I'm at that stage where everything about tscc is bothering me. I just had to vent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomormo ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 09:16PM

loose lips sink ships.... you are the ss.unbeliever

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 09:20PM

psychobabble Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just find it so ridiculous that my home teacher
> couldn't even be bothered to respond to my text
> with a simple "I understand," yet he has no
> problem going through the gossip-grape-vine in the
> ward until it gets back to me through my parents
> that he actually received my message.

This is because he don't understand.

Who would turn away a "nice guy" with a "spiritual" sound bite?

SSSSSSatan?

Posted by: raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 09:26PM

That's the grapevine gossip vine in the church. Oh, the whispering that is done! I have found out lots about me (and only half is true) that has filtered down the gossip grapevine in church. I will say, I wish they had given me a lot more personality and originality!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.