Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 06:20PM

My dad called me to relay a message regarding one of my older Scouts -- a very basic message about the venue and time of an upcoming activity. Apparently the Scout leader couldn't get hold of my husband at work and decided to bypass me altogether, calling my father to pass on the message to my son.

Let me be clear that my father is in our ward but does not live with us, does not chauffeur my son to scouts or other activities, nor have any hand or say in raising him... Dad is extremely TBM but even he seemed a bit baffled by this phone tree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 06:26PM

I think you should call the scout leader on it. To his face, not over the phone. Ask him "when you couldn't get ahold of my husband about Timmy's scout activity, why didn't you call me directly?" Then stop and be silent and let him scramble. If he says anything about you possibly not wanting your son to go, ask him why he invited your son to something he thought a parent would disapprove of. At this point, he'll probably say he's sorry he offended you (this is a favorite Mormon insult, meaning you are the one with the problem because you are easily offended). Then say "Why AREN'T you offended by a person who would go behind a parent's back to get a child to something you truly believe the parent would disapprove of? Any decent person would find that sort of behavior offensive? What is broken in you?"

See, I come up with crap like this and then wonder why no one in my ward even asked me why I left. And I'm even more mouthy now than I was when they knew me. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 06:26PM by CA girl.

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 06:32PM

I was going to just not have my son go and then tell the guy that if it doesn't go through me, attendance will not be approved... but Son said he wants to go and I didn't think it fair to punish him for DoucheMan's lack of basic manners...

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 06:34PM

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:41PM

DoucheMan.

Love.it. gotta file that one away in awesome names for idiots.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.