Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 05:15PM

And did my exit story on this page.

I honestly left a lot of details out and just gave the gist of things. It was nice to point out how TSCC treats members who are not perfect and how they begin shunning children from a very young age.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 05:32PM

Posted by: volrammos ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 05:39PM

Found your post through the search engine. You been through a lot and you are finally in a place in life where you are more free than before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 05:40PM by volrammos.

Date: April 16, 2013 07:09PM

Thank you. I sometimes can't believe that all this crap has happened to my children and me. Then I remember that I am free from the institution that hides child rape and molestation, and my children will not be subjected to the verbal and emotional abuse, and potentially sexual abuse that I dealt with as a child and young adult

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:49PM

Your story was heart wrenching and touching--and you are most definitely brave. You know things now that many people will never know. Good for you for making it through.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:03PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:06PM

I like how you decided what was right for you and your family, in the face of a lot of people who wanted to make those decisions for you. That does take a lot of bravery.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:07PM

You ARE brave. Well done, you!

Date: April 16, 2013 08:53PM

Thank you everyone. I'm sad it took me a full decade to leave from the time I decided that this wasn't for me (at 17 when I was being blackmailed into adoption). However, I'm glad it took that long as well. I made a well informed decision, not hasty, and tried every avenue to do what I personally believed. I came to the realization that no God would EVER condone treating innocent children (because yes, at 17 and younger I was a child) the way the church does. I have so much peace in leaving, and am loving learning about true Christianity with my new church. I haven't officially joined the Baptist faith, and have no pressure or rush to do so. I consider myself Baptist because I love my church and the people. They are wonderful, loving, compassionate, and they embrace sinners and welcome them!

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 09:00PM

Very brave. Thank you for sharing your story.

I still haven't gotten around to mine, and I have been here for a year. You are way braver than I :)

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 09:03PM

Very brave. Glad to read you found some nice peple and that you are happy now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.