Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 06:14PM

I find these tests interesting and sometimes informative. I took one at an in-service training that seemed pretty accurate for me. It involved choosing the vocabulary that described you, converting it to numbers and determining where you fall on two continuums: concrete/abstract and sequential/random. I came out slightly more concrete than abstract and wildly random. Boy, was that accurate!

As a teacher, I had trouble planning for my classes until I actually met them. Then, it was easy. So there was the concrete. On the other hand, I am very interested in abstract subjects, and then immediately move toward practical application. Hence the combination of the two.

I am so random; I never do the same thing the same way twice. I am always tweaking it. It bothers me to make numbered lists. I prefer to brainstorm, bubbling them and then connecting them in order to organize them. I resist limiting options until the last moment. That's just me.

My daughter, who did a bunch of personality and learning style inventories as a college athlete and in counseling, explained to me that the difference between being an introvert lies more in your need for alone-time versus people-time and your reaction to the two. Extroverts draw energy from interacting with people whereas introverts, although they may enjoy it, find it very tiring.

It's interesting, I feel, and can be a useful way of thinking about yourself and others. I also like the idea of a continuum rather than a black or white, either/or.

Just me being random!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.