Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:28PM

I just got a second-hand report that one of my young female relatives has been called to the Beverly Hills mission. A quick google didn't tell me much.

Can there really be such a mission? Back in the 70s there was a wealthy Mormon who had a mansion in BH, but I can't imagine too many of the residents there now want to become Mormons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:48PM

Might be a better calling than Detroit.

http://www.gizoogle.net/tranzizzle.php?search=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mission.net%2Fmichigan%2Fdetroit%2F&se=Go+Git+Dis+Shiznit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2013 04:49PM by deco.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:50PM

OMG! I forgot about gizoogle! So much fun!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:51PM

lol

"Disclaimer: This joint is up in no way a straight-up legit affiliate of Da Church of Jizzy Christ of Latter-dizzle Saints. Although dis joint is designed ta complement n' illustrate tha teachings n' beliefz of tha before mentioned church, no content within dis joint should be taken as straight-up legit church policy or doctrine."

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:51PM

Beverly Hills used to be part of the Los Angeles mission back in the 90s. I know this for sure - it also included Malibu, Pacific Palisades and a number of other high end neighborhoods.

I don't know how up-to-date this website is, since they just added a bunch of missions but according to it, there is no Beverly Hills Mission:

http://www.mission.net/cgi-bin/mission_index.cgi?action=show_area&area=7

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2013 04:53PM by CA girl.

Posted by: WhatsAGoodName? ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:58PM

I don't see this mission on the list of 58 new missions either.

Posted by: WhatsAGoodName? ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:58PM

Posted by: inmoland ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:55PM

There are some lesser mortals who live in Beverly Hills in apartments and regular homes (though few compared to other areas of LA). Most of the uber-rich are behind gates, and those that aren't won't be interested in turning over 10%, that's for sure. But it would be interesting to be a fly in the ivy to listen in on a mishie buzzing the intercom at a mansion, trying to get in.

Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 07:04PM

BH has three standard zip codes and two PO Box zip codes. Not everyone lives in 90210. "South of the tracks" there are no 'hills'= the flats.

Posted by: FairlyReliableBob ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 07:06PM

If I was a mish down there I would be working on Hugh Hefner and I would take it real slow so I could go back many,many times.:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.