Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 11:40AM

So church membership has been on the decline for a while. That has got to hurt. Now when a business, and the church is a business, starts loosing costumers, they often try to look for other markets where they can increase their costumer base.

Now, while Mormonism is in decline, evangelicalism is still relatively going strong. Mormons for years have tried to rebrand themselves, in order to appeal to evangelical converts, but it isn't working.

Enter the gay rights debate. Mormons, Catholics, and evangelicals all hate gays. Or rather, the stupidest, least educated members of all three branches of those religions hate gays, and they are willing to spend good money persecuting them. When a stupid person is willing to spend money, that is called a Mark. So Mormonism can't get the evangelicals to come to them with their money, so why not go to the evangelicals?

The Mormons spend a lot of money creating anti-gay political groups that go out of their way to hide their ties to the church. This is called an investment. Evangelicals, Catholics, and even Mormons pour all kinds of money into these PACs. The Mormon church makes a show of supporting them as well, but what they may really doing, is siphoning money off into their own pockets through various means, legal and other. Now that they have established their street creds, they don't have to spend as much, and can siphon even more back to their pocket books.

Of course this is just a crazy hypothesis. It's not like the church has a history of unethical behavior or anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 12:28PM

So, reading this makes me think of what I've posted about, Freedom First Society, which promotes 'traditional' values, being one of those groups. I wish there was a way to figure out the ties and the associations.

Date: April 12, 2013 12:35PM

It's just a theory, but in my experience, the Mormon church doesn't cross the street, unless its to rob a little old lady. Something tells me that they can't be involved with all these groups and their money without being strongly tempted to find ways to use the money for their other projects. Would be an interesting angle for a reporter to explore.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 03:56PM

forbiddencokedrinker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Would be an interesting angle for a reporter to
> explore.

Definitely.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 12:35PM

the nuisances of these strategies MUST fill up most of the Q15 meetings, mythinks.

They gotta know that things have Radically Changed from the "Man's Search for Happiness" era; AND, they're not going to return either.

Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:04PM

You said costumers (people wearing costumes) instead of customers. I'm sure it wasn't purposeful (but maybe), but I love it.

The church is looking for new recruits, but they need to be people who are willing to wear costumes of deceipt and make-believe-land. Logical and honest folk need not apply...

(How many times have we discussed here how for most TBMs, it's not important what is, it's just important what appears to be.)

Good one cokedrinker, you're my new literary hero!

Date: April 12, 2013 04:11PM

um, yeah that is was intentional. Sure, what ever makes me sound like a genius.

Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:18PM

That it was a very clever play on words on your part.

So yea, you are a genius.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:20PM

Memo from Marketing dept says no ROI, so no action taken.

Posted by: nomormoe ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:25PM

the TScc is also semi accepting of gays now as long as you

they don't practice their gayness in the TSCC. WE will accept

them partly because it's illegal to discriminate but our main

reason is you can fully participate and pay tithing.

Once again- follow the money and the gay's I know do better

than the average Mo Mo when it come to making money.

Date: April 12, 2013 04:29PM

Yeah, but they have the perfect system. They can take money from gay Mormons with their right hand, while their left hand takes money in their new side project to fight them. If they run their family values groups the way they run their church however, they are going to be too busy buying cattle ranches and strip malls to do much gay bashing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.