Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 08:10PM

I received a txt from my sil about an hour ago. All it said was "Call me!" Since I never usually hear from her, I thought my mom was ill or had fallen... Nope. She just wanted to talk to me about my art. And she did, for a minute or two until she brought up the bishop thing.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,849128,849824#msg-849824

And then accused me of lying, again, in the syrupy, sweetest, most passive aggressive way possible. Awesome! I guess my memory must have been magically erased when I left the church, because I " must be mistaken". Hmmm. I guess my daughter's memory has been wiped as well. I wonder if all the cameras were mistaken, too? It's a mystery....

I just remained quiet. (People say the damndest things whilst trying to fill an uncomfortable silence/pause in conversation, don't they?)

She then went on to explain to me exactly how non- judgemental she and my bro are.

Yep: didyouknow just last week, they invited the lesbian neighbors and all of their lesbian friends for Easter dinner! And afterwards, she made sure to congratulate my bro on "dealing with it so well", she was just sooo proud of him.

The. Fuck?

I asked why it would be difficult to deal with neighbor/friends coming over for dinner. They are just people, human beings like the rest of us. Said I didn't get why it was such a tenuous situation.

Her: You know what I mean, right?
Me: No
Her: Crickets. Uncomfortable silence.

I thanked her for her nice comments about my art, and said I had to go.

There is more, I'm just getting a bit more pissed as I type, so I'm going to stop here.

Unbelievable.

Family. Isn't it about time?

Gahhhh!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 08:37PM

Gah. I'm sorry you keep having to go through shite with your fam...does your SIL know why your bro had to hang out at your house for awhile before he could go home? (Not that you would rat him out, but it just goes to show that no one's perfect.)

And I also love your art!

Date: April 11, 2013 08:51PM

<3 Nope, she doesn't know. It is so incredible to watch this unfold. Craziness...

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 09:00PM

Did the bishop see her? She should tell one of the girls he fancies to ask him if he can show her the patriarchal grip or sure sign of the nail.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 09:30PM

helemon has the answer....

When I lived in Utah, the ward members just took photos of the trucks that were in the parking lot, making sure they got the license numbers. They would write the last name of the person on the photo and stick it on the bishop's office door.

Anonymous.

Anagrammy

Posted by: nousernameyet ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 10:10PM

At least she is working in a nice club (I worked at CC in PHX years ago and am normal and productive). I can tell you, I encountered a LOT of LDS men in the club. They were the ones who would drop $$$ and bitch about their wives while trying to feel you up. Richeous my ass.

Date: April 11, 2013 10:26PM

Right? My dd said she recognized him immediately. She went right up to him and told him he looked familiar. Then asked him if he was Mormon. Then told him she knew exactly who he was: good friends with her uncle. As well as a past bishop. Uh oh. She said he dropped $500. The sad part is, he totally busted my brother, (when he was brothers bishop,[ ward split]), for going to strip clubs. Oh. My. Hell.

Freaking twilight zone time. Wtf?

Edit to add: DD says a good 65% of morgbots are regulars. Hmmmmmm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2013 10:27PM by ambivalent exmo.

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 01:05PM

ambivalent exmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right? My dd said she recognized him immediately.
> She went right up to him and told him he looked
> familiar. Then asked him if he was Mormon. Then
> told him she knew exactly who he was: good friends
> with her uncle. As well as a past bishop. Uh oh.
> She said he dropped $500. The sad part is, he
> totally busted my brother, (when he was brothers
> bishop,[ ward split]), for going to strip clubs.
> Oh. My. Hell.
>
> Freaking twilight zone time. Wtf?
>
> Edit to add: DD says a good 65% of morgbots are
> regulars. Hmmmmmm.

The.Fuck. EXACTLY!

And how does your dear SIL figure YOU must have been mistaken when your DD actually saw, approached and had a convo with Bishop Richeous?

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 10:26PM

Wow, that early senitlity is taking its toll, LOL! You must have been mistaken. My ass.

Does she know that your daughter is a dancer and saw the bishman with her two very own eyes? Any way your daughter can get a photo?

I never had the self confidence to show off my body, but your daughter is making a killing with the money. She is clear what she is there to do (make money and take advantage of stupid men) so more power to her.

My exhusband knew a woman who was a Computer science major who put herself through college as a stripper. She made lots of money and didn't have to take out loans.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 02:33AM

I know... it was a doppleganger!! Ya..that solves it. Not the bishop! OK.. works for me! :-)

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 03:42AM

ambivalent exmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep: didyouknow just last week, they invited the
> lesbian neighbors and all of their lesbian friends
> for Easter dinner! And afterwards, she made sure
> to congratulate my bro on "dealing with it so
> well", she was just sooo proud of him.
>
> The. Fuck?
>
> I asked why it would be difficult to deal with
> neighbor/friends coming over for dinner. They are
> just people, human beings like the rest of us.
> Said I didn't get why it was such a tenuous
> situation.
>
> Her: You know what I mean, right?
> Me: No
> Her: Crickets. Uncomfortable silence.

You know, the other day I talked to a colored man instead of walking across the street to avoid him. I even made a little bit of eye contact with the poor creature! Aren't I just the most upstanding moral tolerant person you ever met?

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 03:58AM

I am sure that he was afraid that those sinful lesbians would put on their long fake nails, stilettos, and black lace teddies and make hot lesbian sex right before his tortured eyes. Oh, and they might wrestle in oil afterwards. And then a little bondage with a riding crop. Cause you know that lesbians just can't stop having hot lesbian sex in front of straights.

What a couple of asses.

Posted by: raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 09:18AM

Wow.....
Why on earth would someone go to such great lengths to call y'all liars? Do they not think that Bishops are men? Isn't that what they preach to every person who has been severely wronged by a Bishop "You have to remember that he is just a man, and he isn't perfect, and he makes mistakes."

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 11:24AM

I worked at a big company here in Utah for a while. All the professional men I worked with traveled a lot.

My boss--who was in a bishopric at the time--had me type up his "life story" for some scouting thing (it wasn't very long and I had time on my hands). While doing so, he confessed to me that he and MOST all the other mormon guys visited strip clubs on their company trips. He had just stopped doing that recently. He was in his late 50s. He said it was pretty standard for everyone at the company.

Posted by: rose park ranger ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 02:42PM

You can't pay for the Sorbonne with the crappy tips that Mormons give.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 02:45PM

I do't remember- Do they even know this particular bish or are they just defending "The Lord's Annointed" naturally?

It's pretty damn weird how your sis is trying to convince you of her open-mindedness and then proceeds to call you a liar in one call.

Date: April 12, 2013 03:25PM

Yes, he was my bros bishop, then mine after the ward split. He is no longer a bishop, but still a close family friend of theirs.

I'm so glad today is (extended)family free. I love them, but as time goes by, it is easier to step further away. I like the peace from cultco ignorance, it's nicer here...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.