Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: March 25, 2013 12:43PM

Sigh

My TBM in laws have gotten involved in another MLM selling "nutritional drinks". $53 for 64oz of juice! WTF??? They have done every MLM under the sun. I kid you not. But THIS is the one that will make them RICH. You just watch and you'll be sorry for not signing up under me (direct quote from 18yr fanatical tbm bil, preparing to head out on the mish. Ga.)

Anyone know about this particular one? I mean not that it matters to me at this point. They all proven to be SOS (same ol shit).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2013 12:44PM by goldenrule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: March 25, 2013 01:05PM

My youngest son called me last week because his teenage friend

had him all fired up over Vemma.

This is how it went.

son "I have some good news!"

Me "cool"

son "do you trust me?"

Me "not as far as I could throw you"

son " Blah blah blah Vemma! blah blah blah BMW! blah blah blaw $3000 a month!"

Me "uhuh"

Son "I just need xyz amount of money to get started!"

Me "so who's money will it be?"

son "Naysayer! Naysayer. Nasayer."

Me "I'll tell you what. Lets both do a little research with the god of google and see what the real deal is and calm down just a bit"

son "ok"

Product is real and OK. Product is too expensive. It is an MLM.
Only way to make money is to get distributers underneath you just like any other MLM. If your whole life 24/7 is Vemma and you are a sociable person you may make some money. However the reality is just like all other MLM's, those at the top make money from those at the bottom. It's not really about selling the product, its about getting distributers. 97% get started but drop out as they run out of friends and family to convert.

Once son did some research he has changed his mind and now he understands it a whole lot better. Next time it won't be so easy to give him the smoke and mirror job.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: March 25, 2013 01:32PM

I am disgusted by that "do you trust me" sales technique.

Yuck.

Posted by: nomorm ( )
Date: March 25, 2013 01:29PM

An associate I know got into a MLM and borrowed the initail money from a friend.
MLM went tits up

My associate told me he lost all of his freinds money and some of his too.

re read that if you dont get it

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 25, 2013 01:46PM

"Why the hell are you paying someone to work for them?"

And when they come back with how they're working for themselves, blah, blah, blah I just point out that they are working as salespeople for a corporation and instead of getting commission, they're paying for the "privilege". Some of them have actually gotten a clue. :)

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: March 25, 2013 01:50PM

Mormons should teach MLM wariness in Seminary classes for teens. Now that would be useful.

The LD$ Church of Anti-Intellectuality sets up its members to be soft marks.

The other problem is that the LD$ Church itself is run like an MLM.

And the members who start or engage in MLMs actually believe, in a burning-bosom sort of way, in the products they are selling. This makes them at least somewhat sincere, and therefore convincing.

And the Utah legislators pass MLM-friendly laws.

And the LD$ Church trains small armies of young people (missionaries) to sell junk, i.e. mormon theology. It's a perfect scam storm.

Posted by: gracewarrior ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:24PM

My wife did Mary Kay for a while. It was a complete money pit. Her director was always trying to get her to buy $3000 worth of product. Luckily, we saw where it was going and pulled out before too much was invested.

BIG RED FLAG when focus is on recruitment! Beware of MLMs.. they are just like Mormonism. They will pull at your heartstrings with a few stories of people that got rich off recruiting others. Facts speak for themselves.. only a small percentage of MLM'ers ever make money on these scams.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:42PM

The son of Enzio Busche came to my ward one time, stood up in priesthood meeting, and tried to recruit us to Tahitian Noni juice. It was really awkward.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.