Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:57PM

Anybody heard about the book by Mormon Ken Bowers: "Hiding in Plain Sight"?
About the book through the eyes of a TBM:
"It isn't religious in nature, even though it does contain pertinent things relating to our times and the world we live in, and he quotes scripture and Prophets. The major premise of the book is the secret combinations in the world today (a world conspiracy known as the New World Order) that is so pervasive, so narcissistic, and evil you cannot imagine. There are people out there who expect one day to rule the world, if they had their way. These people control the world banks, the media, the education, most religions of the world, the governments of the world, AND both of our political parties! YES! I know it sounds absolutely preposterous and ridiculous. Believe me, it's true!
The good news is that there are other groups who are fighting against such wickedness. I have just joined the Freedom First Society, one such group who are doing all they can to get the word out in spite of what is going on in PLAIN SIGHT! One more thing, nearly every law being passed today by our government is unconstitutional and goes against everything our Founding Fathers stood for."

Freedom First Society...?

WTF is up with this? Is this a 'Mormon thing'? Is this the latest 'political' movement in Mormonism?

And yea, I'm all for a good conspiracy theory - I mean come on, look at TSCC, but what is UP with this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:26PM

I have no idea about this and tend to run from conspiracy theories....However, its always been known that secrets are hidden in plain sight. This applies to MANY things...and not just religion etc.

Posted by: davidlkent ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:29PM

This kind of nut movement was bound to happen. What was JS thinking?

Posted by: grubbygert nli ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:40PM

" There are people out there who expect one day to rule the world"

spoiler alert: Mormons

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 02:18PM

If "These people control the world banks, the media, the education, most religions of the world, the governments of the world, AND both of our political parties" then what's left?

Date: March 14, 2013 03:15PM

I know - isn't it so completely ironic that this is a Mormon author and a TBM that sent these 'warnings' to me and yet that's exactly what TSCC and the Mormon network is like!

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 03:05PM

"Conspiracy theory, in my humble opinion, is a kind of epistemological cartoon about reality.

Isn't it so simple to believe that things are run by the greys, and that all we have to do is trade sufficient fetal tissue to them and then we can solve our technological problems, or isn't it comforting to believe that the Jews are behind everything, or the Communist Party, or the Catholic Church, or the Masons.

Well, these are epistemological cartoons, it is kindergarten in the art of amateur historiography.

I believe that the truth of the matter is far more terrifying, that the real truth that dare not speak itself is that no one is in control, absolutely no one. This stuff is ruled by the equations of dynamics and chaos.

There may be entities seeking control, but to seek control is to take enormous aggravation upon yourself. It's like trying to control a dream."

- Terence McKenna

I think mormons love conspiracy theories because they've been conditioned to be afraid of the world, and being such a big scary place, they're comforted in the idea that somebody somewhere knows what's going on and where things are going.

I can't help but smile at them...

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 04:18PM

The City of London, a small enclave within London proper, is where all the decisions pertaining to the world's flow of money are made. Whatever one wants to call it, the fact is that it exists, and we masses have no control over it.

For a long time, the elite have had their eyes on S. America's resources. I'm not surprised that the new Papa is from there. The R.C.C is the religious arm of the political economic machine.

Posted by: sistersalamander ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 10:42PM

This flavor of conspiracy theory (the "New World Order") is not new. When I lived in the Morridor in the 90s, TBMs were holding Constitutional study groups in their basements, raving about the "white horse" prophecy, and convincing themselves that President Clinton was about to usher in the New World Order and turn the US into a godless dictatorship -- unless the faithful stopped it all with a grassroots movement to make Zion the stronghold of the Constitution once more.

I don't remember much of what the ward whackjobs were saying, but they managed to link it to crop circles, end times, the Apocalypse, credit cards, guys walking through walls at secret international meetings in Europe (if it was that "secret," how come these nutcases in Podunkville, UT knew about it?), evil Jews, Communism, and the president declaring himself king (but only because he's a tool of the New World Order).

They were all stockpiling food and prepping to either walk back to Missouri or live in the hills, depending on who you talked to.

Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 12:07AM

The title of your post reminded me of the temple movie. Correct me if I am remembering it wrong, but at one point doesnt Jehovah or someone say "lions, Tigers, Bears..." in that order?

Posted by: oz..poof ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 08:15AM

It's not a theory. Rothschilds own every national central bank except Nth Korea, Iran and Syria.

When money is borrowed, it's from the Rothschilds in City of London. They finance both sides of wars, make decisions about finance and trade that effect everyone.

There's no financial disasters that aren't set up. When markets crash, they come in and buy up.

If you Google "now quotes" you'll see how the push for a one world government crosses all borders and religions. The so called elite want to be seen to be obeying.

Posted by: me ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 10:02AM

Thanks for that second post. I was beginning to worry about you.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 01:02PM

It was in a song in The Wizard of Oz. And in the Keats poem, but I am not sure where its true origin is. Thought it was Ovid? Or maybe Sandy's used it to describe the world of Ovids time?

Date: March 14, 2013 01:03PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 01:04PM by bookratt.

Date: March 14, 2013 03:18PM

Ok, so I just want to clarify, that's not actually true....?

Date: March 14, 2013 10:54AM

BTW, her son Wilhem will be taking over as King on April 30. Guess where he found his wife. In 2002 he married a woman from a prominent banking family in, non other than---Argentina. Political/economic alliances through marriage are still being made in this day and age.

Wilhem's wife Maxima recently gave a speech about the G20 and their economic planning. She spun it make it to look very beneficial to the masses who worship at the feet of royalty.

It's very interesting to watch the restructuring going on in government and religious sectors this year. It's so well orchestrated, like a giant chess game to the elite. And we common people are their pawns, as they go laughing all the way to their banks.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 08:33AM

My dad always uses the Gadianton robbers as proof the BofM is true. The Tri-lateral commission = illuminati = Gadianton robbers. At the Exmormon conference Tom Dinofrio talked about language and themes from the BofM that were taken from speeches/writings by the founding fathers. I loved this because now when my dad goes off on one of his excited rants about how the BofM prophecies are coming true, I can just smile.

Date: March 14, 2013 08:37AM

Confirmation bias at its finest.

It couldn't possibly be that most primates, including homo sapien, are subject to male-dominated hierarchies with alpha males at the top, and that over time groups of males learned how to work together to overthrow the alpha male and keep the women and loot for themselves; and that over more time they figured out how to do it in secret so they wouldn't have a target on their backs.

No, it has to be gadianton robbers...

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 09:15AM

It is indeed a Mormon thing. To the average mormon mind, God is found in current events. Current events are all about the run-up to Armageddon, which battle is all about validating Mormonism. Mormonism is all about validating each member's sense that he or she is the center of the Cosmos, which means that each member's psyche is based on them being the center of the struggle between Satan and God. Hence everything that happens has to be seen as a direct attempt to limit the individual Mormon's freedoms, orchestrated on a one-by-one basis by Satan huimself. I kid you not. That's how Mormons think. Any notion that God is about morality (i.e., the need for individual Mormons to be moral people) is foreign the their way of thinking. It's just not there.

Date: March 14, 2013 03:20PM

Wow - that was a really good analysis of this issue with Mormons. Honestly, I think you're right and that is spot on.

Date: March 14, 2013 03:22PM

Alex Jones is not a mormon. It's not just a mormon thing.

It's a fundie thing.

Date: March 14, 2013 06:29PM

Date: March 14, 2013 09:45AM

Central banks are not conspirators in some New World Order. You need to look into why they exist, how many there are, why they were needed and created and why we are safer, not harmed, because of them.

And no one needed an Argentinian pope to rape the entire continent of South America of its abundant mineral and land, food or animal wealth. Or subjugate and control its people. Catholicism helped and was complicit in doing that, but it was all going on long before explorers from Europe brought Catholicism there. Still going on today, and the Italians, Germans, Americans, Brits French and everyone else profiting or benefiting from how things work there and allowed to continue to work there, has had a hand in it.

Date: March 14, 2013 09:51AM

"Well...looks like we got ourselves a READER..."

- Bill Hicks

Seriously, bookratt, how DARE you acknowledge the existence of the central banks and refuse to admit that the shape-shifting reptilian annunaki are creating a new world order in which humans will become gold-mining slaves and treated like zoo animals?! Huh? How DARE you!!!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 10:28AM

I think "Lions and tigers and bears" is a quote from a poem by John Keats, but I'm not sure which one.

And I only know that because I have read "The Hyperion Cantos" by Dan Simmonds, which brings it up a lot.

Maybe someone else who's more erudite than me knows which poem it actually comes from.

Tom in Paris

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 01:10PM

David O. McKay, Ezra Taft Benson and Cleon Skousen promoted the John birch society and all its weird conspiracy theories with Mormons.

Yes Mormons hold these views in higher proportions than the general population. It's part of their testimony because church authorities taught it.

Date: March 14, 2013 03:23PM

I think you're right there because this same TBM who's trying to talk to me about this was reading Skousen before xmas and wanted to pass the book on for me to read...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 04:55PM by dogeatdog.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 03:32PM

Because I would be interested in those things.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 04:39PM

The people who print our money are not scheming to take over the world. They've been in charge for a long time. It's not a question of conspiracy, it's about unlimited wealth and power.

Date: March 14, 2013 06:27PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.