Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rebel ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 04:27PM

Hey Steve,

I've read in a couple of places that Hinckley and Monson supposedly put a pillow over your grandfather's head, and then hit him with a hammer repeatedly (the pillow was to make the blows less obvious), and this is what caused him to become incapacitated.

Have you ever heard this, and do you think it could be true? Can you tell us what you know about it?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 04:35PM

Im not Steve, but do you seriously think this might be true?

They might be manipulating men, but seriously?

I have no faith in these men at all, but I could never believe that to happen unless there was proof.

Posted by: TheFaithfulApostate *** "Rebel" sock puppet *** ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 04:37PM

If these men don't feel guilty about scamming 12 million people, extorting obedience and money out of them with threats of eternal damnation, why not? They obviously have no conscience. I believe it's entirely possible. But like you, I do want proof before I make up my mind on something this crazy.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 04:50PM

In other news the earth is only 10000 years old and Ratzinger stepped down to get gender reassignment surgery.

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 04:58PM

don't forget that the storms in the east were caused by Haarp by order of the NSA

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 04:57PM

Where did you get that, ldsfreedomforum?

There are Birchers who envisioned that ETB, once he became president, would reveal their NWO theories as doctrine. Since this did not come to pass they assumed Hinkley and Monson had ETB drugged and restrained in a room somewhere. (I actually did read this on ldsfreedomforum.)

Steve Benson has posted that once ETB became president he was no longer free to keep sending all those letters out to his relatives that might make him appear uhm 'less than prophet like'?

On ldsfreedomforum they use Steve Benson's comments as PROOF that someone WAS restraining ETB.

They didn't get what they wanted out of the Benson Presidency; and they really feel ripped off.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 07:51PM by crom.

Posted by: moe ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 05:51PM

Wrong guy... the pope takes on on the head with a sliver hammer when he dies..

http://www.omg-facts.com/Other/Why-Is-The-Pope-Struck-On-The-Head-With/55219

When the Pope passes away, however, there’s a whole other process that follows. First, the Cardinal Chamberlain (Camerlengo) will tap the Pope’s head three times with a silver hammer, calling out his Baptismal name each time. This is to determine that he is, indeed, dead, and not just in deep sleep.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 10:45PM

Not any more. John XXIII was the last pope to have this done. His successor ended the practice

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 11:14PM

that's too bad...

i'd love to whack ratzinger in the head with a silver hammer

Posted by: sheila ( )
Date: March 07, 2013 07:17AM

Maybe because there is credible evidence that JOhn's successor was murdered and they weren't sure it had taken?

In God's Name: An Investigation Into the Murder of Pope John Paul I by David Yallop

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 05:58PM

It's a tall tale apparently having made its rounds on the Internet.

That people are actually gullible enough to believe this kind of stuff is even more bizarre than the story itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 05:59PM by steve benson.

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 06:04PM

Besides, doesn't that seem more up Packer's alley than Hinckley and Monson's? ;-)

Posted by: Morganite *** "Rebel" sock puppet *** ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 06:05PM

Do you have any proof that it didn't happen, or are you just assuming it didn't happen because it sounds crazy?

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 06:06PM

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 06:16PM

Plus, I saw him rather regularly back in the day and, even when I didn't, I knew people who did, so such an event would not have remained secret.

Besides, I could have always asked, "Yo, Grandpa, why the bruises?"

And then Grandpa could have replied, "Gosh, Stephen, I didn't think the hammer bruises to my head would show since I was wearing a pillow."

Geezus.

Some of you folks probably believe that an angel with a flaming pillow threatened to suffocate Joseph Smith if he didn't take up polygamy.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2013 01:42AM by steve benson.

Posted by: sophia ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 10:41PM

I have heard a story like this, but it was about Howard W. Hunter, not about Benson.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: March 07, 2013 05:45AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.