Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 10:30PM

“Katie, put yourself in my situation. I, my whole world told me that she died on Sept. 12.
Everybody knew that. This girl, who I committed myself to, died on Sept. 12. (Then) I get
a phone call on Dec. 6, saying that she's alive and then I'm on national TV two days later,
and to ask me about the same question. You know, what would you do?"
-- Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Celeste ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 10:33PM

Ok my question exactly. Why does he call a girl he never met his GF. Weird and stupid.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 12:16AM

The word you are looking for is Mormonic. I have known lots of young Mormons who have dated exclusively, and even gotten engaged to people they only met on the internet. It is very common now since Utah has an overabundance of single females, and the "mission field" has an overabundance of single males in their YSA programs.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 12:10AM

This Manti guy is a goddam liar.

Posted by: inmoland ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 01:01AM

Some people are that naive. I know someone who got engaged to a guy she met on match.com, who claimed to be an Englishman living and working in the Middle East. She talked to him on the phone, and even talked to people who claimed to be his mother and siblings. About a week before he was supposed to fly in to meet her so they could go shopping for rings, he called to say he'd been stranded somewhere en route, his passport stolen, and he needed her to wire him emergency cash. Against the advice of everyone who'd been telling her all along that it was a scam, she sent him a bunch of cash, as his story became more and more convoluted. It wasn't until he became verbally abusive, demanding she go to her family for more money when she told him she was tapped out, that she finally did some investigating and found that his supposed employer had never heard of him and other stories he'd told her weren't true. He turned out to be a Nigerian scammer who was using profile pictures of some other unsuspecting guy, and his whole family was in on the scam.

Even so, Manti says he was only 20 minutes away from this "love of his life" in Hawaii, but when she said she couldn't drive to meet him because her brother had taken her car, he doesn't get a cab or something to go to her so he can finally see her? Again, later, he's only two hours away when he finds out she's in serious condition in the hospital and he makes no attempt to see her then?

Total B.S.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 11:06PM

Imaginary girlfriends sound really childish to me.

But then again the mormon "intellect" is child like.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 11:14PM

I'm not trying to defend te'o, a lot of Mormons get engaged only after a couple weeks of knowing each other.

But then he has to be lying cuz he never met this girl in person.

he is not a very smart guy, but then, he is in school for the sport.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.