Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 10:47AM

This just in from ESPN: Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's lawyer sez it was Ronaiah on the phone, pretending to be a girl. Pretty ruthless and downright dirty if you ask me, waiting until after Manti has taped his interview with Katie Couric and releasing this story just hours before it airs.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8875990/lawyer-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-was-voice-talking-manti-teo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2013 11:35AM by munchybotaz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 10:57AM

The Manti Te'o story makes me wish I still believed in Jesus so I could thank him each and every day for this train wreck.

Date: January 24, 2013 11:50AM

but more like a big embarrassing fiasco. Then again, my train-wreck standards are pretty high ... not unlike so-called Mormon standards, compared to those of normal society.

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 12:55PM

Pretending to be a girl? Or talking to his bf?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 04:21PM

shakinthedust Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretending to be a girl? Or talking to his bf?

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 05:52PM

The text messages seem to indicate that Manti was simply hoodwinked. A pretty voice on the phone can turn the heart of many a man. In case you don't know, the classic woman at an answering service (and I don't mean a sex line) is very overweight and would be afraid to date a caller because men tend to associate a sexy voice with a woman with a perfect figure and lovely face, etc. In the reverse, the local radio station had a DJ (this was many years ago) who had a super bass voice and women could fall head over heels for him .... but he was skinny and five foot one or less, and a mustache. Radio and telephone were that way. Another DJ I knew was over 300 pounds but when he was on the air....women thought he was "tall, dark, and handsome".

Time to stop speculating and start feeling sorry.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 08:09PM

I might feel more sorry for Manti, if he would get his "story" straight.

Manti maintains that he wasn't "serious" about "Lennay" as a girlfriend until after her supposed car accident in April of last year. But Deadspin.com, which broke the story when neither the Te'o family or Notre Dame would come forward in public, has accessed "Lennay's" twitter accounts, and found that she was calling Manti "Babylove" a year prior to the date of the "accident". So yet again, the stories are inconsistent.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 07:57PM

This is really disturbing.

A young man's football career may be ruined because of the jealous actions of the hoaxer.
Envy is the underlying emotion here,isn't it?

Now the lawyer is attacking the victim?
Very unfair.

I don't know enough about football, but someone needs to step in and put an end to such behavior.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 08:09PM

It's a little early in the fact-finding process to reach a definitive conclusion that Te'o was a victim.

It doesn't totally seem as though anyone involved in any way in this situation is playing with a complete deck of cards.

Date: January 24, 2013 11:06PM

I don't have TV, so I had to watch on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2d1iNQkbDA (this link seems better than the one I watched, which had an annoying hum)

It's not very informative, mostly just more of the same. But they do play some voicemails from "Lennay," and it really does sound like a girl ... a weird and whiny girl, but a girl nevertheless. It's good that they did that, so the revelation from Tuiasosopo's lawyer didn't make Manti look even more foolish and possibly culpable.

I don't feel sorry for him, exactly, but I can certainly empathize. Man, I thought I fell for some shit. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.