Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: heretic ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 02:45PM

This quote, I believe, was taken from the marine corps book, "War..", Page 46.

I was just curious what some of you thought was the single most critical thing TSCC now possesses, that can be realistically eliminated or destroyed. And if you like, how you would implement a plan, in specifics, to accomplish it.

Here's the quote in its entirety, "...the most effective way to defeat our enemy is to destroy that which is most critical to him. We should focus our efforts on the one thing which, if eliminated, will do the most decisive damage to his ability to resist us. By taking this from him we defeat him outright or at least weaken him severely."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jan ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 02:54PM

If the rank and file TBMs knew how their hard-earned tithing money was being spent, they'd be appalled. Probably not appalled enough to revolt, but I bet a lot of folks starting to doubt would bolt.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 06:21PM

What is most critical is the morg's ability to keep their members safely asleep in their belief system. I'm not sure what it would take to wake them up. I am amazed at the member's ability to dismiss damning evidence and just sluff it off.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 08:51PM

If you want to break the Morg - it's MONEY.

If you want to break a member FROM the Morg - it's OBEDIENCE.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 09:19PM

The REAL fastest growing religion...no religion.
The rest of the industrialized world is snapping out of religion at a record pace.
Sects take god for granted...sectarian society doesn't.
The rug is being pulled out.
The time is at hand when the church has to defend...not Joseph Smith, not even Jesus...but God.
A society that took God for granted was far more likely to believe a charlatan quack who claimed he saw Him.
But now the claim of seeing God is more and more transparent. You might as well claim Zeus and Apollo appeared to you.
While Mormons debate what is opinion and what is gospel, the floor itself is shifting.
While exmos try and spread the gospel of the false "translation" of the papyrii, and other gospels of Smith's many wives and peepstones, etc., the falseness of God is outpacing them in society.
Realizing God is bogus, IMO, is on a steeper glideslope than Mormons realizing their sect is bogus with respect to God.
I think in 100 years God will be fighting for His Holy Life. Joseph Smith may still be around too...a small fish to fry...and thus the SS Minnow goes down because it was tied to the Titanic.

Posted by: Mary Lou ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 09:29PM

+1000

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 09:24PM

The revenue stream is the most critical thing to the church. Attack that and it'll crumble.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 09:24PM

To me, the most critical thing is the young generation of Mormons. Teach them to think for themselves so that they don't grow up to be Morgbots.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 09:33PM

Their deception is their most treasured item.

Without their deception, they cannot continue to exist.

The oldest generation that are members may hang on to the deception for dear life. I don't think the up and coming generations will do the same.

Keep putting the truth out there. Over, and over, and over. Eventually it will be heard. Eventually it will rule over deception.

My parents are in their 80's. They will be mormons until they die. Some of their children also. Some of their children will jump ship. That would be the baby boomer generation.

The boomer generation are the parents of the kids who are all online. That will be the generation that has the knowledge and technology to put an end to the scam. It's up to them to keep up the research and science that proves Mormonism isn't what it claims. It's up to them to keep the information current, and online for all to see.

The church can send out millions of missionaries. It can't send out enough to override the information on the internet. People are far more likely to go to the internet than they are to open their front door.

It's critical for sites like RFM to keep up and running. It's how we will keep our future generations from being conned by the likes of the Mormon church.

Posted by: SureSignOfTheNail ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 12:27AM

The money is definitely the food that is keeping the hydra that is Mormonism alive. Keep in mind the accounting perspective here, because with the cult the money is in two forms: Revenue, or income (both tithing and business income), and Assets (what they own and invest). Both of these forms have to be eliminated to totally destroy it.

If you just focus on tithing, you may make it go dormant for a while, but you won't kill it. The Q12 has invested so much of the tithing revenue in for-profit, relevant shell companies over the years (TV and radio stations, farms, insurance companies) that the cult can probably continue to exist in perpetuity using the profits from its businesses to stay alive until it can recruit more sheep to provide the tithing revenue of tomorrow. In terms of farming, I've heard that if you eat beef, nuts, or citrus, it's more likely than not you have consumed Mormon-farmed goods. We can't avoid it.

So I don't think there's an easy way that the beast can be permanently destroyed.... UNLESS....

Somehow... a way could be found to convince the Q12 and the FP (and ONLY them) that the end truly was nigh and they needed to spend their assets on something crazy and expensive (say, in a true combined Heaven's Gate/Noah's Ark fashion, you convinced them they had to spend all of their money researching and building a magic rocketship to Kolob) while at the same time convincing a critical mass of the sheeple tithepayers (who wouldn't already be convinced by the crazy rocketship) that Mormonism is a total crock and to stop paying. You'd then in tandem cause the corporate leaders to blow the whole asset portfolio on the fairy rocketship and as well starve the coffers of any fresh income in the form of tithing dollars.

Without killing both the revenue and the assets, you're just taking off one head of the beast, where another or maybe two will grow back in its place.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 12:38AM

Money or members. Basically, those are their only two resources. The fewer members, the less money. The more people find out about the church, the fewer will convert and more will leave. But if you take away their money, their income stream or their unpaid slave labor, you'll bring them down.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 12:41AM

it's already happening...

20 and 30-something males leaving in droves.

with the best and the brightest leaving the cult, it's all downhill from here. as seem in the lowering of mission ages, any step they take to try to counter the 'second great apostasy' will just make things worse.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 03:08AM

It's funny. I think the lowering of mission ages is the most damning thing they have ever done. They think it will retain the younger people but all it will really do is scare away the young and immature because of how rough their missions will be. It will put in an even larger amount of inexperienced teenagers into the mix that will just cause more people to say "wtf is this?" and get no clear answers and do their own research to find the problems with the church, and as a whole it's just going to worsen societies view of the church and probably cause more people to leave.

Posted by: androidandy ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 12:41PM

The cult is focused on money and deception. The Internet is exposing the deception and less money flows in as members leave in ever increasing numbers.

imo

Posted by: heretic ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:37PM

After reflecting on each of the above posts I've come to the conclusion, probably allready obvious to most of you, that the thing "most critical" to TSCC is the degree to which it can control the information that its members are exposed to. In other words, TSCC's power is in direct proportion to how effectively it can control any damaging information its members are exposed to and prevent from examining with an open mind.

TSCC's "stranglehold on information" has been loosened by the advent of the internet resulting in the greatest apostacy since the time of Joe Smith (according to one GA).

I just wish there was a way, 1) even more mormons could be exposed to the truth about TSCC, and 2) once exposed to it they would examine it with an open mind.

Any ideas?

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 03:35AM

Keep going with that. I think you should make another post about it and see if you can get any ideas cause I sure think it sounds like a great thought!

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:39PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Any questions?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:38PM

I take a different position. I find no value in trying to destroy anyone's RIGHTS. The personal right to our beliefs (religions) is something I value and want the same for others.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:43PM

"I find no value in trying to destroy anyone's RIGHTS."

There is TAKING AWAY someone's rights. That's like a govt that says the Mormon church is illegal. I haven't seen anyone post this in this thread.

There is ALSO...giving someone the truth or information that leads someone to the truth.
THIS....violates no one's rights.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 03:06PM

Except for the right to be contentedly ignorant in your delusions, which can be forcefully taken away by exposure to information that contradicts your beliefs.

That's why I'm glad no constitution guarantees the right to ignorance. :)

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 04:21AM

You want to talk about rights? I was brainwashed and indoctrinated with religious beliefs from birth. I never got the chance to develop my own religious beliefs, because I had been taught that the doctrine of TSCC was the ABSOLUTE TRUTH AND WAS NOT TO BE QUESTIONED, EVER. It took me until I was 42 years old to break through the brainwashing and realize that I even needed to figure out for myself what I believed and didn't believe. Where the hell were my rights to religious belief for the first 42 years of my life? Because the way I see it, I didn't have any rights.

Questioning anything was a punishable offense. It still is, actually. I have to HIDE and DENY my personal beliefs, because I don't want to tear my family apart. Every single time something bad happens to me or my children, I either have to hide it from my parents, or I have to listen to my mom lecture me about how it's my own fault for not being active in church. She does that because that's exactly what her church has taught her to do.

Sorry, but I'm not buying your assertion that TSCC is just another harmless religion, and that the religious beliefs that stem from it are just as good as any other religious beliefs and should somehow be protected or even respected. The entire thing is a fraud, a lie, a scam. I never had the right to have my own religious beliefs, because that was stolen from me. I DO NOT VALUE the right of a corporation to lie and defraud and control. I DO NOT VALUE the right of parents to indoctrinate their children into harmful cults and then hold it over those children's heads for the rest of their lives. I DO NOT VALUE the right of a cult to hide their core beliefs from investigators and new converts. As far as I am concerned, the sooner TSCC dies, the better. And if there is anything I can do to help that along, I'm there. It's way past time for the fraud to be exposed.

Posted by: visitor ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 03:13PM

Actually, the most precious asset of any so-called "church" in the United States is it's status as a non-profit organization. The Mormon church has long past the point where it needs members for on-going revenue stream. It needs it members to continue the illusion of being an actual church, and it needs large numbers (re: membership to age 110) to hide enormous amounts of revenue streams. (I always told my kids that anyone who cheats on their mate will also cheat on their lover. In the same way any church who will lie to its members will lie to anyone, including the IRS.)

Remove the incentive for churches to maintain large numbers to hide assets behind by removing tax exempt status for "non-profits" and just watch attendance numbers for churches everywhere drop through the floor!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.