Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: December 28, 2012 10:31PM

Anyone else have this mormon trivia game at their house growing up? It was sold through deseret books in 1985.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: December 28, 2012 11:03PM

don't know for sure, but it sounds really familiar to me so we probably did.

Date: December 29, 2012 12:01PM

The name just makes me laugh....I don't know why.It just sounds so STUPID!

Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: December 29, 2012 12:33PM

Yes. I avoided reading and commenting on this thread because the topic alone conjured flashbacks and of "scriptural abuse" (-: and how goddamn awesome (brainwashed) I was at church doctrine as an 11 year old. We used to have FHE on Monday per normal SOP but for some reason dear mother thought we needed scripturally intense Sunday lessons (after 3 hours of goddamn church!) and we would play jots and tittles. I thought "jots and tittles" was sacred temple jargon not really understanding it was made up Mormon speak. LAAAAAAME!

Date: December 29, 2012 01:34PM

Yaqood-you made me laugh! Thanks for sharing

We also use to have those hard bound books of the book of moron. There were like 19 hard bound books and the covers were light blue and the pictures were like painting and very graffic. They scared the crap out of me as a kid.

Posted by: curious ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 09:29PM

Obviously you were not brainwashed enough You can't even keep the 10 commandments What a foul mess. We divided into teams and played by the hour.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 15, 2013 12:21AM

Yaqoob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought "jots and
> tittles" was sacred temple jargon not really
> understanding it was made up Mormon speak.
> LAAAAAAME!

A "jot" and a "tittle" is KJV for small marks in Hebrew characters. Small errors in them would change the word meaning significantly, sort of like saying, "mind your 'p's' and 'q's.'

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." (Christ, Matthew 5.18)

In a modern translation, these are rendered as "iota" and "dot," or "dot" and "comma."

My children were in a Bible program called "AWANA," which they enoyed a lot. They all won awards in Bible knowledge and memorization, including scholarships to a Bible camp (which was NOT grueling study sessions, by any means). It all depends on the atmosphere and motivation. It just burns me how toxic tscc can make religion for people.

Posted by: strawman7 ( )
Date: December 29, 2012 01:39PM

Morspeak for 'Tots And Titties/Tittles

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: September 15, 2013 12:43AM

We had it. IIRC, it was to be used in place of the normal trivia cards when playing Trivial Pursuit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.