Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:32AM

Hey, I forgot your name here on RfM. Just wanted you to know I watched three of your videos. The one about your kids and not being able to see them get married in the temple, I'm sorry that's happened to you and your wife, man. Not married, ain't got no kids but I am incensed by your exclusion.

I also got a kick out of your temple video, where you spill the beans on what goes down through the veil (pun intended). I have to thank, sir, for the humor, tears streaming down my face from laughing. And so with the third video on Romney. Perhaps I'm just in a celebratory mood, even though I'm not a US citizen; I thoroughly enjoyed all the points you raise about Mitt and his vow to his church. I wager that video of yours turned the tide against Le Flip-flopper!

Keep it up, man. You are educating the 'undecided' within the Mo cult!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:48AM

topping n/t

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:17AM

I think his name here is get 'er done.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:23AM

LOL... I loved this by him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71sNMfvvuE

He cracks up as he talks about how ridiculous the temple ceremony is.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 08:13AM

Yep, I watch him every day. :o)

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 11:16AM

He is so funny. Anytime he posts a new video I am one of the first 20 views.

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 11:16AM

And the six naked girls that visit him in visions and give him revelations were absolutely right about the election. He is a truer prophet than Joseph Smith.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 11:23AM

You people are too kind. The newcarabu, the Honorable Sir David, the emperor of Salt Lake City, the bard, feels your pain. This site provides a lot of material to me, and my recovery here, has saved my life. ThaNKS

Posted by: tofino ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 11:30AM

I have laughed my ass off from watching and listening to newcarabu too.

Keep up the videos. His influence is growing as the stone rolls forth laughing at the absurdity of Mormonism.

Posted by: Titanic Survivor ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 12:54AM

And you seem like a fun person to be around.

Posted by: Delila ( )
Date: October 11, 2014 03:45PM

I'm a "newcarabu" fan as well.

Is it possible to place a date stamp on your videos so we can easily track the latest ones? I'm talking about the vid icons to the right of the actual video?
It would be most helpful.
Thanks.
Keep 'em comin', David!!
(I can't help but smile as I think about your videos!)

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 12:37PM

You wouldn't recognize my name there David, but I'm there for ya. I'm one of those folks who 'likes' videos, but I don't generally comment and I don't have videos of my own. But I'm there, listening daily. :o)

Posted by: dec ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 02:02PM

It seems that my progress out of mormonism is tremendously layered and one layer was peeled off today as I had an epiphany thanks to watching one of his vids....

He said that mormons are vengeful and hateful.
I thought *ALL* mormons are vengeful and hateful? Really?

Then I thought that was perhaps a blanket statement as I did not consider myself vengeful or hateful while I was a mormon, and couldn't classify some of my current mo friends as that either.

Rather than tossing it off as incorrect I did my usual self inquiry and introspection, asking a few questions within myself to get as honest an answer as I could, with no real investment for the answer to be one way or the other (even though I admit that my position that brought me to the question was based on the idea that I thought it was an erroneous blanket statement having that as an initial assessment and was a little challenging to detach from)....

In a few seconds I discovered that 'get er done' Newcarabu was correct.

People who are baptized support and sustain the mormon leadership, past and present as a requirement for both baptism and temple reccommends...

therefore they are supporting the deceptive and often vengeful and hateful lies perpetuated by the leaders past and present....

therefore they themselves are technically guilty by sustaining it in their GA's, whether they are consciously aware that they are is another matter altogether, but technically they have to own all parts of it through their sustaining and adherance to it all.
Whether they are sustaining ignorantly or not, they are still sustaining, supporting and defending and therefore they are THAT which they represent.

Also, (I say this kindly), his voice sort of reminds me of Uncle Fester from the old Adams family show and that makes me feel happy listening to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 02:02PM by dec.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: July 19, 2014 04:58AM

I agree with this insight. According to the law of karma, whatever you support with your energy, you become responsible for the collective actions and results. So even if you are a sweet person, if you pay tithing to LDSInc., you become responsible for everything LDSInc. does. You have given your energy to empower their collective actions, so you have to accept the very personal consequences in your own life.

Be careful what you support, friends...

Posted by: HS1 ( )
Date: July 19, 2014 03:16AM

I love this guy, he's an absolute scream. I'm an ex mormon. Well, I don't go to church but they refuse to accept my resignation. Everything he says is so true and accurate. I've been crying laughing watching his videos. What a legend!!

Posted by: SuperBigGulp ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 05:43PM

Just once, I want to hear him say...

INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 01:23AM

Yeah! I've watched a lot of those videos. Some are funny, some are informative, and some are sad and poignant, like the one about being kept out of weddings.

Thanks for posting them, GetHerDone. Good job.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 12:34PM

Your are all too kind. I just had to recovery in my own way and the videos have helped me a lot.

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 10:05PM

I just watched the video, and recognized you from another video I watched last year. This was great; the funniest being, "I don't mean boobs," and "This was serious $&!t." Hearing the phrases and seeing the tokens brought back some odd mixed feelings. I resigned three years ago this month. Single female, 34.

Posted by: phazer ( )
Date: October 11, 2014 10:11AM

Did the bard car idea come and go as quickly as the spray paint incident. After the cop runin I supposed their wouldnt be a Oct GC 2014 public street / church building visit update. Anyway, your videos make laugh at my prior cult beliefs.

Posted by: doninmonarchab ( )
Date: July 22, 2014 04:47PM

Gotta give David credit for helping me see the Cult for what it is. The resignation letter finally came a couple of months ago and thus closure. The videos are still important to my recovery process and will try to watch them all.Again Thanks David!!!!

Posted by: Roni69 ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 06:45PM

Funny stuff David! LMFAO! Keep those videos coming!

Date: July 27, 2014 09:25PM

Date: July 27, 2014 09:42PM

For 69 years I was Duped in Mormonism. Really pissed off and angered not being told the truth! Born &raised in happy valley. Missionary, graduated BYU(PRICK-UM-YOUNG) university, temple marriage etc. finally found the truth in Jesus. Watching the Bard has really helped me cope with stuff. Thanks Bard 4 all the funny & true videos U do. ANYWAY!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 11, 2014 02:31PM

Honesty and a great ability to laugh at yourself and make others laugh..........a terrific combo, newcarabu. THANKS and keep those videos rollin' and terrorising the doofus's at the Morg.

I don't think they want you on their facebook page.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 11, 2014 06:41PM

Keep up the good work, newcarabu.

--Another fan

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: October 11, 2014 06:51PM

Me too. I've enjoyed watching newcarabu videos also. So funny in places. Best part of Mormonism for me has been the laughter after the anger and let down feeling of being duped.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 01:20AM

Yep, even uncle fester knows the truth about mormonism!

Love your videos. It's heartbreaking to hear the stories of your troubled children. Kudos to you for being a father who cares and has been there for them if they know it or not.

Imo, if there is a heaven, it's for parents who love and care about their kids. No matter the age or dysfunction. Love of those kids are the one thing that keeps parents going. Hope is all we have for people who don't get the medical help they need.

On a good note, thanks for sharing your experiences. Some funny, some sad. They all help others. If there is a heaven, there are brownie points awaiting for you.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 01:26AM

Does anyone else remember Old Carabu?

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 17, 2014 01:26PM

No. But I suppose carabu was used on youtube. Know idea what "newcarabu" used when posting to rfm prior to be kicked off for sometime.

I remember hearing a video in which he was going through his transition out of mormonism and really churned up the board and was banned for some time.

He learned his lesson, changed attitude and hasn't had a problem since I suppose.

Posted by: and_im_a_mormon ( )
Date: November 09, 2014 10:52PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.