Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 05:38PM

Fidget's thread of above title got closed before I could add a final tidbit:

http://secretkeepergirl.com/What_is_SKG.aspx

The question:

"You may be wondering, what is a Secret Keeper Girl Anyway?"

Here's *MY* version of their unbelievable, vomit-inducing answer:

"Well, she is lots of things! A Secret Keeper Girl values being repressed, she's surrounded by control freaks who pretend to be wise friends, and she is brainwashed into embracing a narrow vision of beauty that is deathly afraid of how amazing the human body is, naughty bits and all. So, she keeps really important parts of her identity squashed as flat as a pancake in order to please a single repressed, insecure man she won't even meet for a good decade or more. But she also knows that she can always pretend everything's peachy keen and hunky-dory with her mom at any time, even when internally she feels like she's dying, little bit by little bit. The coolest thing for you to know is that a Secret Keeper Girl is a masterpiece of repressed and thoroughly controlled female power and intelligence created by a bunch of insecure, limp-ducked men. So whether you are new to our site or a SKG pro who’s been to a brainwashing event, read “Secret Little Girl's Identity Killer” or "already had eight great dates with your mommy-dearest", you, sweet and malleable little human child who has no idea what fresh hells are in store for you from here on out, are a Secret Keeper Girl because you are a true masterpiece created by impotent men who apparently have trouble with virility unless they totally dominate women's sexuality and body-image until they are quivering, pathetic shadows of their former selves."

Now that's a *Real* Secret Keeper Girl: how to buckle under and do what you're told even when you feel like you're secretly losing your mind.

Is this a Morgbot website, or of the Evangel Fundy persuasion?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 05:48PM

Spot on, spot on...

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 05:57PM

According to the website SKG is trademark of Pure Freedom and PF is located in Central Pennsylvania.
Pure Freedom's website is also kind of nauseating.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 06:04PM

Eeek. Gag!!

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 06:35PM

Yup sounds like what it is to me..

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 06:45PM

I'm sorry... if you dedicate your life to the cause of adolescent sexual purity, you're creepy.

You can be in favor of it, and whatever... we'll agree to disagree. But when this is the thing that motivates you when you wake up in the morning and what pays your bills? Creeeeeeepy!!

Date: October 24, 2012 06:46PM

Agreed! The belly line killed me! Seriously killed me!

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 06:55PM

I couldn't read the entirety of one of the pages on my phone.

What does page 5, "Is my shirt too tight?" say after, "Ask her to place the tips of her fingers together and press..."

Curiosity always kills this cat.

Date: October 24, 2012 06:57PM

It pretty much tells you to press your shirt into your cleavage and if it bounces like a trampoline back out, then it's too tight.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 07:01PM

Ah yes, because baggy is so flattering...

Date: October 24, 2012 07:02PM

Better to look like a sack then show that you have any boobs(that god gave you to hide).... Ugh

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: October 24, 2012 08:46PM

Posted by: libertad ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 02:00AM

OMG! You can even buy a secret keeper doll.
Wow that is one crazy website and I can't imagine going to
the mother daughter pajama party.

I have a 4 and 7 year old and they don't even know what modesty is because I don't make an issue out of it. We buy things that look good and I don't try to make them feel ashamed of thier bodies like my mother did. I felt it was my fault for growing tits and needed to cover them up...oh shame on me.
My daughter doesn't think a bikini is bad or doesn't feel sexy in it because we don't make it an issue. She has 2 pieces and 1 pieces and doesn't think different of them. She pics her clothes based on color and design and cartoon characters. I pull some things off the rack and we decide. If I see some black leather booty shorts clearly I wouldn't point them out.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 02:14AM

I read fidget's thread earlier and was so entirely stunned I couldn't even string words together. Now, I'm 'just' very angry. I can only see this as abuse - killing a girl's sense of herself as a positive human being by making her, as she is, somehow obscene. It's sickening.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 05:58AM

"It pretty much tells you to press your shirt into your cleavage and if it bounces like a trampoline back out, then it's too tight."

No, you don't have the right bra, stupid! Get fitted at a real lingere shop and buy the right size. It is amazing how that 'cleavage' won't bounce with the right support, but still look amazing....!

I get tired of seeing women in the 'biggest bra that would fit" from Wal-Mart. But I am living among a large population who prefer Bi-Mart to Wal-Mart where the bra selection is even less. The Dollar Store doesn't carry a good selection either...just sayin'.

Also, it is what it is and there is no reason to smother them, just cover them... I had a family member who would buy a blouse one size too small and her bra always peeked through where the buttons spread across her bousom, she was born in 1923 and never did get it that she needed to buy a larger blouse where the buttons didn't strain and gap.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.