Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 09:56PM

I posted this on another thread. I think this would be a brilliant way to share the truth. I couldn't do it in my ward, because everyone knows I'm apostate.

I have a fantasy of going to testimony meeting (in a ward that doesn't know me) and getting up and giving a testimony of JS. Here is how it would go...

"I want to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. I have struggled recently w/my testimony when I found out Joseph Smith was marrying women that were already married to other living men... one of these women he married after personally sending her husband on a mission. When I found out these things, I was really upset. But, I prayed and read my scriptures and one day when I was reading in D&C, I had the spirit testify to me that Joseph was indeed a prophet of God. I knew right then and there that it didn't matter if he was having sex with all the women in the world. He WAS a prophet of God and that's all that mattered. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elee ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 09:59PM

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 10:04PM

I think I could even work up a few tears too to make it seem even more authentic.

I am seriously condering doing this.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:28PM

Go for it...voice and all. Someone has to educate these morons.

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 10:05PM

hahha

Posted by: Dyslexic Wookborm ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 10:10PM

"At first it really bothered me that in the Celestial Kingdom my husband was going to have lots of other wives, but when I prayed about it the holy spirit testified to me that the burning my bosom was because the church is true and not because of that meatball sub I ate."

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 10:13PM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 10:14PM

Be sure to mention the 14 year old girls, ecclessiastical abuse,lies to Emma and especially the Kirtland Bank Scandal.The drinking is nice touch too.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:05PM

what information you can pass to a Mormon if you do it like you are agreeing with them. The other day, Mom was talking about the lessons being dumbed down at church (not her words) and said that it was because members don't seem to know the basics any more. I said that was true and shared the RfM story about the missionary who didn't even know that Joseph Smith was a polygamist. I said it happened to a "friend" and told mom it was a good thing they were getting back to basics if even a missionary didn't know that. She snorted that she couldn't believe a missionary was that unprepared but she LISTENED, which my mom almost never does once her mind is made up.

Posted by: ExBozo ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 07:21PM

I'd pay to see that! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.