Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AnonymousPoster ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 01:31PM

With the recent release of the Boy Scouts of Americas “Pervert File” I’ve had a flood of memories come rushing back to my consciousness…things that I rarely if ever think about.

I had my innocence stolen from me as a young unsullied 12 year old boy while attending an LDS sponsored scout camp out.

Following a day of fun scouting activities and a night of sitting around the camp fire telling ghost stories and roasting marshmallows, I and my tent companions retired for the night to what I believed would be a uneventful night’s sleep in the out of doors. It was anything but…

Because I was the youngest and newest member of the scout troop and none of my usual friends were yet old enough to join our troop, the scout master assigned me to sleep in a tent with a group comprising 3 older boys. I was in the 6th grade and each of other boys were in Jr High, one being 15 and the other two being 14 years old.

I remember being somewhat uncomfortable with this arraignment but what options did I really have. I was an awkward 12 year old boy and I wanted to fit in with the group. So I just went along and didn’t put up a fuss.

As the fire was starting to die down we finally retired to our tent for the evening. Being somewhat self-conscious that I really didn’t have much in common with these older boys, I quickly got into my sleeping bag, rolled over and went to asleep.

Several hours must have passed because the next thing I remember was the sound of my sleeping bag zipper being opened…not in a swift single motion…but one zipper tooth at a time. I was still in a state of semi -sleep and while I had a sense of this sound I can’t really say if it even registered in my unconscious state. The only other sounds were the occasional pop or snap of the still dying fire and the random chirp of crickets.

My assailant was methodical in his pursuit as it must have taken him several minutes to fully unzip my sleeping bag. As he lifted my cover I remember the cold night air wafting over me and chilling my bare chest, my half naked body being covered only by my boyhood fruit of the looms.

To this day I don’t know why but I literally froze in place as the oldest boy in our tent slipped naked and aroused into my sleeping bag and went through the same meticulous process to partially rezipping himself into my bag.

Why I didn’t scream out? Was this some kind of initiation? Is this what boy scouts did on campouts? What the hell is going on? My mind was swimming trying to make sense of what was going on. I was still an innocent, naïve 12 year old boy. I didn’t know what the hell was going on and I froze not know what to do. Nothing in my life to this point had prepared me or exposed me to what was happening. And I was clueless of what was about to happen.

Perhaps motivated by some primal instinct to protect myself I froze and just laid there as this boy proceeded to remove my underpants. Somehow I must have thought that if I acted like I was asleep then it really wasn’t happening…it was just a really scary hellish nightmare wasn’t it? But no, it was happening…my boyish innocence was being stolen.

Finally my will to survive kicked in and I thought that maybe if I started to act like I was waking up he might stop…so I began to stir…but my abuser was skilled and expereinced and quickly placed his hand over my mouth…only allowing room for my nose from which to breathe.

I opened my eyes-wide in desperation…and stared my assailant directly into his face. His body was now holding mine down, I couldn’t move and with his one hand over my mouth to suppress my scream…he placed a single finger to his lips as his eyes narrowed and bore into mine. I was terrified beyond measure…I never let out a sound.

It took him several minutes to complete his mission and then just as quietly as it all started, he slipped stealthily back into his own sleeping bag, rezipped mine, then rolled over and fell asleep as if nothing had ever taken place.

I lay there incredulous as to what had just happened, eyes opened for hours; for it was the longest time before I sensed the first light of morning breaking into our camp. Our scout master, who liked to rise early, restarted the fire and then started shaking the tents to rouse the troop from our sleep. …only I hadn’t slept.

As the other boys got dressed and left the tent, my abuser leaned over to me and again with his finger to his lips took his other hand and made a hand-gesture that chilled me to the bone when I saw it again years later in the temple endowment.

Nothing was ever said…

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 01:37PM

This was hard for me to read. Brought up a lot of my own painful memories, but you're brave for sharing. I don't think I could share details if asked... so you're kicking some ass today.

So, for what it's worth from someone who knows... I'm so sorry, man. I hope that guy's getting his in life.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 04:36PM

I'm sorry flyboy :(

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 04:20AM

+1

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 01:38PM

Oh my God... I am so sorry AnonymousPoster. Have you told anyone? Have you gotten help? Did you ever report this person?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 01:46PM

It's not too late to report what happened to you. There are many stepping forward with cases years later-- just like in the Jerry Sandusky trial.

Think of yourself as doing this FOR the little kids going into Boy Scouts and FOR the boys who think the LDS Church is there to protect them, that these institutions be held responsible for the innocence of children placed by trusting parents into their care.

The pain is in the details and I applaud your courage today. Do you have children? If you are a parent, you would want someone to report an unsafe situation they knew about that your child might walk into.

Hope you have been able to get the therapy you need to be able to live with this. Thanks for posting--many here have reported the same thing. And by the way, one of my sons was molested in an LDS Boy Scout troop as well.

Best

Anagrammy

Posted by: jenn ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 02:01PM

I am so sorry that happened to you

Posted by: Exmo Mom ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 02:23PM

Good point. It is important to report instances like this. I would document it, find a lawyer and report it. Make sure it's not an LDS lawyer, and see if you can find the one who is already doing a suit against the BSA.

And don't forget to get therapy and help for yourself. Even though it was years ago, it's still very scarring and something that needs dealing with.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 02:25PM

Oh--I'm so sorry for you! Just because you never think of it, doesn't mean you are OK with it. Horrors like this, if repressed, can haunt you for a lifetime. Please tell someone you trust, and get help. Even a few sessions with a therapist will help you deal with this. It helped to write about it, didn't it.

Your account gave me the cold chills. My 10 year old daughter was molested by the bishop's creepy 16-year old son, at a church campout. The difference was, when she woke up with his hands all over her, under the sleeping and under her sweats, she screamed out loud! Other kids woke up and saw what was happening! My daughter didn't tell me about this incident until years later. It is natural for children, like you were, to feel ashamed and somehow responsible, when this sort of thing happens. Besides, THE BISHOP THREATENED MY DAUGHTER AND ALL THE OTHER WITNESSES NOT TO TELL.

When my daughter told me, I told her she never had to go to church again, and the children and I resigned. (I was already on the way to resigning, because the cult would not grant me a temple divorce from my wife-beater ex.)

There was nothing I could do to punish the perp. It was my daughter's word against the bishop and his daughter. The perp got married, had two little girls of his own, lived at his parents house, and the ward made him Elder's Quorum President. The Bishop was promoted to Mission President, and then to the Seventies.

I wish your story ended with your abuser being punished--but it probably does not. The Mormon church covers-up, condones, and enables abuse. Please get help for yourself.

A Young boy probably doesn't realize that even if his body enjoys physical contact, in general, that a rape from another male does not make him gay. It really messes him up, psychologically.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 02:46PM by forestpal.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 02:34PM

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I hope you are healing and recovering from that trauma. All my best to you.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 03:32PM

A good friend of mine was molested by a Catholic priest when she was in 6th grade; she's now in her early 40s and started to take egalitarian action only two years ago, so depending on the laws in the state where you were assaulted, you may well still be able to take action. (Although her abuser died some years ago, she is suing the diocese he belonged to for not taking action earlier and never reporting him to law enforcement.) She has found SNAP immensely helpful:

www.snapnetwork.org

They were started by victims of abuse in the Catholic Church but offer support for those abused by other faiths' clergy and by the Boy Scouts, etc. as well.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 03:34PM

Wow... I'm so sorry for what you went through. You're brave to share it.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 04:36PM

I am sorry AP. I hope that you have been able to overcome this. Rape is a hard thing to deal with. I was raped a few years older than you and it has been a scarring thing. Thank you for sharing.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 04:43PM

That was heartbreaking to read, and you are courageous for telling your story.

I'm deeply sorry that this happened to you. I hope you have many caring and supportive people in your life as you heal.

I hope the perpetrator is behind bars, if he's even still out there.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 04:45PM

Thank you for sharing this incredibly painful experience. I am so very sorry this happened to you. It takes so much courage, such bravery to tell the truth about rape and sexual abuse. As a rape survivor, reading your post touched me deeply. Sending all of my love to you. It will get easier to deal with as time goes by. You are heroic, my friend. Heroic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 05:03PM by ambivalent exmo.

Posted by: laytonguy ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 04:53PM

This morning on a local channel here in SLC they showed a pin point map of accustions..

Honestly, between Ogden and Provo, I wasn't sure if I was looking at a accusation map or a pinpoint map of temples.

oops.

Posted by: nofear ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 05:35PM

I am so sorry this happened to you.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 05:35PM

Like others have said I admire your courage in sharing this painful memory. My heart goes out to you. And I hope that sharing this has been helpful to you.

The stories of abuse in the church shock me and also make me feel angry at the lds institution. Some may say that this is an isolated incident that does not represent the church. However, we hear too many stories of abuse in the boy scouts within the lds church that I believe it must be held accountable. The untrained, gullible leaders and the kids who have not been prepared for the world but have been taught to 'trust' and 'obey' their leaders even against their own thinking, instinct and gut feeling are a dangerous combination.

I hope one day the church is in the media because the stories of abuse are coming to light in fron of the world.

One again, anonymous poster, thank you for sharing your story.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 06:30PM

I'm so sorry. It's very brave of you to share your story with us. I would encourage you to report the attack to the police even all these years later. If nothing else it would put the perpetrator on their radar.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 06:41PM

The Mormon Church’s relationship to cases of alleged pedophilia by LDS Boy Scout leaders is coming to light in the wake of a massive court-ordered release of documents known as the BSA's led “perversion files” dating back to 1953--evidence, which indicates a systematic and wide-ranging cover-up on the part of Boy Scout national headquarters.

Some of the details involve the Mormon Church.
_____

--Examples of Cases Found in the BSA’s Pedophilic “Perversion Files” Relating to the Mormon Church

*from the “Capital Gazette” in Maryland:

"An assistant scoutmaster in 1974 was accused of taking nude photographs of two boy scouts in [a Maryland-area] Arnold scout troop and later reportedly said he couldn't be held responsible because he was 'under the influence of the devil.'

“A month later, he was accused of harassing the troop at Sandy Point State Park. And though he was banned in Arnold from the scouts, he allegedly was allowed to be alone with them again five years later in Bedford, Pa. . . .

“. . . [T]he case file shows the scout master attempted to be a scout leader in several states after being banned in Arnold. He moved to Scottsdale, Ariz. and attempted in 1976 to apply as an adult leader there, but his attempts were refuted. In 1978, however, files indicate he was allowed alone with scouts in Pennsylvania. A letter from a scoutmaster there, dated May 1979, identifies him as a former scoutmaster of a troop sponsored by the Church of Latter Day Saints or Mormon Church in Bedford, Pa.”

(“Boy Scouts ‘perversion files’ include seven cases in Anne Arundel County, about 90 in Maryland,” by Alex Jackson, “Capital Gazette, Baltimore Washington Medical Center, 19 October 2012, at: http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/boy-scouts-perversion-files-include-seven-cases-in-anne-arundel/article_2c871efa-909c-5c83-b95b-13440c7e0b1a.html)

*from an Australian newspaper:

"’What these files represent is ... the pain and the anguish of thousands’ of scouts, said lawyer Paul Mones, while presenting details of the files at a press conference in [Oregon].

“Mones said the files ‘demonstrate the depth and breadth of the BSA's vast knowledge about the threats to scouts by scoutmasters and adult leaders who used their authority . . . to sexually molest generations of boys".’

“The lawyers highlighted a 2010 court case, in which an assistant scoutmaster in a Mormon Church-sponsored troop sexually molested a boy in the 1980s.”

(“US Boy Scout 'perversion files' released,” by Michael Thurston, “The Australian,” 19 October 2012, at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/us-boy-scout-perversion-files-released/story-fn3dxix6-1226498994916)
_____

--Possible Legal Consquences Facing the Mormon Church

*from a “Forbes” analysis:

“Nobody likes seeing an institution like the Boy Scouts dragged into litigation. Especially over something as disturbing as child sexual abuse. But the very public data dump of “perversion files” that an Oregon judge authorized yesterday does represent one positive attribute of the U.S. legal system: It forces large institutions to rethink how they deal with problems that can affect thousands of individual victims.

“The value of these lawsuits is really not directed to any particular jury verdict or outcome,” said Timothy Lytton, a professor at Albany Law School . . . . ‘These lawsuits tend to frame the issue as an institutional problem, and not a personal problem involving a couple of bad apples.

“The lawyer who forced the public release of the Boy Scouts files probably won’t win too many popularity contests. Kelly Clark won a $20 million verdict against the Scouts on behalf of six plaintiffs in 2010, and his website lists other areas of practice that include ‘Mormon abuse’ . . . .

(“Boy Scout Case, Hate It Or Not, Shows Social Value Of Litigation,” by Daniel “Forbes,” at: http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2012/10/19/boy-scout-case-hate-it-or-not shows-social-value-of-litigation/isher, “Forbes,” 10=9 October 2012)
_____

--How the Mormon Church May Have Tried to Shield Itself from Liability

*from LDS columnist Joanna Brookes, writing for “Religious Dispatches”

“[The] release of previously confidential files on child sexual abuse perpetrators maintained by the Boy Scouts of America from 1959 to 1985 are raising new questions about the relationship between the LDS Church and the BSA. Since 1918, the Church has partnered with the BSA, hosting scout troops in most of its United States congregations. . . .

“Today, a whopping 34% of Boy Scouts troops nationwide are co-sponsored by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. But sources who have scrutinized the BSA’s so-called ‘perversion files’ report that fewer than 2% of the cases documented therein are connected with Mormons. It is believed that LDS Church may have handled child abuse cases internally rather than reporting them to BSA officials.

“The LDS Church confronted patterns of child sexual abuse within its own ranks in the 1990s after several high-profile child sexual abuse cases resulted in multimillion dollar payouts to victims and their families. The Mormon Alliance, a grassroots Mormon organization that monitored abuse within the Church, published a study documenting negligence on the part of local members and leaders in addressing abuse—and even the excommunication of some victims and accusers. In 1995, the Church established stronger guidelines and new protocols for reporting abuse, including a 1-800 number for local clergy.”

(“Boy Scout ‘Perversion Files’ Raises Questions about Abuse in Mormon Contexts,” by Joanna Brooks, 19 October 2012, at: http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/joannabrooks/6534/boy_scout_%22perversion_files%22_raises_questions_about_abuse_in_mormon_c)

Batten down the hatches, Brethren.

The chickens are coming home to roost--and they're aiming for your wallets.

(related RfM thread: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,677407)

**P.S.:

Lisa Davis--a solid and respected journalist who is a stickler for facts, a gifted writer and a former writer for the Phoenix, AZ, "New Times"--wrote a book entitled "The Sins of Brother Curtis: A Story of Betrayal, Conviction, and the Mormon Church" [New York, New York: Scribner, a divison of Simon & Schuster, Inc., 2011], 354 pp].

The LDS Church's defense of "Brother [Frank] Curtis"--a pedophilic LDS Scout leader who had been excommunicated and then, astoundingly enough, re-baptized, where he continued to have Mormon youth under his "care"--was disingenuous, disgusting and pure evil.

Lisa got in touch with me about the Curtis case, requesting background information on Mormon teachings and other matters. (For instance, we also talked about proper language and terminology she needed to use in her book, in order to have credibility with Mormon readers when speaking to Mormon history, doctrine and culture). (Lisa kindly noted my assistance under "Acknowledgements," p. 340; for an online version of the book, see: http://www.amazon.com/Sins-Brother-Curtis-Betrayal-Conviction/dp/1416591036#reader_1416591036).

When in the course of our discussions Lisa informed me that the Mormon Church had advanced the defense in behalf of Curtis that it (the Mormon Church) was doctrinally required to re-baptize Curtis once he had repented of his sins (Curtis was a convicted criminal with a history of sexual molestation of minors), I pointed out to her what I viewed as the relevant portions of Mormon doctrine which clearly applied to such an unwarranted defense.

I emphasized that as a response to the LDS legal/theological argument that re-baptism of repeat sexual offender Curtis somehow cleansed him of his past sins and that he had thus started over with a "clean slate," Lisa should review canonized Mormon doctrine on the matter, as found in D&C 82:7.

This particular "holy scripture" of Mormonism emphatically declares that a person--once forgiven of a sin but who then recommits the same sin--is subject to divine punishment for recommitting that sin, as well as becomes re-subjected to divine punishment for the sin in which he had previously engaged; for which he was originally forgiven; but which he then recommitted.

The pertinent D&C passage reads as follows:

“And now, verily I say unto you, I, the Lord, will not lay any asin to your charge; go your ways and sin no more; but unto that soul who sinneth shall the bformer sins return, saith the Lord your God.”

As one critic observed of this official Mormon doctrine:

“According to LDS Scripture, true repentance is confessing sin and forsaking it or never returning to it again. As former [LDS] prophet Spencer Kimball has said, 'The forsaking of sin must be a permanent one. True repentance does not permit making the same mistake again.' If you repeat a sin, all of your 'former sins return.' Therefore, on the LDS view it is not enough to try your best. Rather, you must stop sinning. Period."

(Brett Kunkle, "The Impossible Gospel of Mormonism,” at: http://www.str.org/site/PageServer?pagename=PL_article_impossible_gospel_mormonism ; see also the LDS tract, published by the LDS Church [1984], entitled "Repentance Brings Forgiveness," where the Kimball statement appears, p. 7)

This pathetic and desperate attempt by the Mormon Church's hired guns to absolve persistent pedophile "Brother" Frank Curtis of legal, moral and religious responsiblity for his sins of sexual predation (since he had been rebaptized and therefore was supposedly immunized from accountablity) is fundamentally undercut by Mormon doctrine itself.

Not that that fact matters one whit to the Mormon Church.

Worse than that, the fact that the Mormon Church would even attempt a defense of this perennial pervert is absolutely despicable.

As one reviewer of Lisa's book observed:

"Mormon Church leaders knew that Frank Curtis had a habitual need to molest young boys, yet they continued to place him in positions where he had access to more victims."

(Don Lattin, book review, "'The Sins of Brother Curtis,' by Lisa Davis," Special to "The Chronicle" [San Francisco], 19 March 2011, at: http://www.sfgate.com/books/article/The-Sins-of-Brother-Curtis-by-Lisa-Davis-2388166.php)

Indeed, as another reviewer noted, Curtis had "even been excommunicated, then re-baptized and returned to the positions from which he preyed upon children."

("Child Molester + Mormons = Easy Prey," by Ken Munger, "Sacramento News & Review," 15 March 2011, at; http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/bibliolatry/blogs/post?oid=1939245)

It amazes and sickens me the extent to which the Mormon Church ignores its own doctrine in order to protect its bank account (not to mention how it grotesquely ducks its obligation to broader matters of human decency in delivering up for moral and legal accountability those who horrendously victimize young children).

Such an approach is obviously too much to expect of the corrupt Mormon Cult.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 07:50PM by steve benson.

Posted by: chelseamarie ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 07:36PM

im really sorry that that happend to you. i bet your a great person and you didnt deserve that. i hope his ass is put in jail. i wish you the best!

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 08:44PM

Thank you for feeling comfortable enough with us, your cyber friends, to share what happened on that horrific night. I'm so incredibly sorry that you were raped. I'm just so sorry. What happened to you breaks my heart.

Posted by: sithlord ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 09:07PM

Same thing happened to me so I completely understand. Scouts were not the guilty party, my asshole Father was. I was 10 when that happened to me. I think my father thought he was being smart though by getting me drunk before it happened that night giving me my own can of beer. He did the same damn thing that scout did and I remember freezing just like you, and pretending to wake up just like you! He didn't stop and I didn't know how to stop him. My crying didn't even do anything. Bastard!

Please no sympathies needed! I'm over it now. Just wanted the OP to know there are others here on RFM that understand!

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 03:57AM

How brave of you to share this experience.
I am so sorry this happened to you.

Heartbreaking...
I hope you are ok.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 04:18AM

I admire your courage, Anonymous Poster. I hope you know that you did nothing wrong. Predators pick those who are most vulnerable and as a boy who was three years younger and brand new to the group, you were incredibly vulnerable. At that age, one year difference is much more significant than when we're adults and a year is nearly meaningless.

At that age, those few years represent a huge difference in world experience, social savvy, and brain development, not to mention physical strength. The predator had a plan that he'd obviously used before. Predators get better at their crimes because they learn from their mistakes.

Your explanation of how he unzipped your sleeping bag gave me chills. He'd clearly learned that opening it too fast created noise that drew attention. Intimidating looks and menacing body language are very effective tactics, not just with kids, but with adults, too.

You did nothing wrong. Freezing is a normal response to a shocking, unexpected threat. The blame and shame belong with the perpetrator AND with the organization who did nothing to protect vulnerable boys from being assaulted. I hope sharing this painful experience is cathartic for you and helps you heal. Best wishes to you.

Posted by: volrammos ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 02:19PM

Pedophilia seems to be a common trait inside the great abrahamitic religions.

For example, the abrahamitic view that children are inclined to sin from birth, and need guidance. It is a question of qualities, yes, but this so called guidance seems to be easily perverted. If an adult wants to form a child into a certain character, there is a risk that the adult can exploit the child sexually. Adulthood projected on a child can be projected sexuality. I think that boy-choirs are in trouble because the exploiters just do what they think they have the right to do according to their holy laws.

Posted by: anonforthis ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 03:14PM

I am so sorry for this. I was also molested by a scouts leader. I'm not sure if he was one at the time though. I am female and I was 5 at the time. He was a close family friend and he walked me and my older brother to the pond right by our house. He told my brother to go back to the house and get something and while my brother was gone he touched me under my shorts. He told me not to tell anyone because they would be jealous. I knew it was wrong but I was so scared and ashamed I never told a soul until I met my husband. He was a trusted fellow lds member and I'm sure it happened to my other friends, maybe even my brother. When I was around 19 I found out he got caught by some other poor girl and he ended up committing suicide. It's terrible that the people you trust and look up to can do these things and it happens so often. You are not alone in your experience and I am so sorry to hear

Posted by: Another Anon ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 06:30PM

At night in my bed. I would freeze every time and then slowly pretend I was walking up. I tried complaining to my mother that this person was in my bedroom at night while I was sleeping, but I couldn't say the actual words that I was being abused. The abuser just said they were putting away a basket of laundry. After trying to convince my mom it wasn't true, that I had already put away my laundry, my mom got mad at me for trying to cause a fight. I felt my mom didn't care and never tried talking to her about it again. I was 10 or 11 at the time.

Posted by: 400 ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 08:44PM

when i was about 5 by a man i did not know he made me give him a hand job and made me attempt anal sex with him

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 08:53PM

I think being a sexual abuser is part a pathological Sickness, and part because society previously wasn't aware, wasn't talking about what items of conduct were acceptable/appropriate, and which weren't.

Thankfully, NOW at least, there are NO EXCUSES.

Posted by: LCMc ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 08:54PM

I'm so sorry this happened to you. All I can say is, and they're afraid of Gay Scout Leaders.

Posted by: sistertwister ( )
Date: October 20, 2012 11:47PM

I will not be able to stop thinking of you.

This just breaks my heart as I think my own son experienced abuse by a perpetrator in the scouting program. He won't speak of it.

You have no idea the remorse I have for joining the Mormon church. Physically and emotionally sick.

I pray for peace for you and my son.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2012 11:48PM by sistertwister.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.