Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 16, 2012 11:55PM

I doubt he would wear long sleeve g's under the hot lights with a suit coat on. Do they even make those anymore?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: October 16, 2012 11:56PM

This was a "nice" try by the uninitiated. They are seeing things that aren't there. Romney would not be wearing full length garments, there's no way. Maybe if an FLDS or UAB was running, but not Romney in the year 2012.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 05:11AM

Another thing I find interesting in the linked article is where Romney says, " I served as the pastor of my congregation for about 10 years." Shouldn't that say "bishop of my ward"? I'm so sick of how Mormons pretend to be "regular" Christians when it serves their purpose.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 12:51PM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 16, 2012 11:58PM

silly

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 12:09AM

I totally agree that what is under his cuff looks like the sleeve of the "ceremonial garment" that was worn in the temple up until (I would guess somewhere up until 70's or early 80's. Unsure of date as I was gone by then.) when I became involved with the restoration again in the 80's I was told the ceremonial garment was eliminated when it was discovered that those attending the temples, bringing their own ceremonial garments with them, were in fact were secret polygamous. If it can be shown that Romney is wearing a ceremonial garment (long sleeves and legs), it must be assumed, in my opinion, that he is and probably his family are still polygamists.

That would make one heck of an October surprise! If true, I hope it gets out and blows the lid off the lies about polygamy no longer being sanctioned. I have heard far to many stories to believe anything except that the church does not sanction polygamy, wink wink.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 12:13AM

DH is cold-blooded, we live on LI and he's wearing light-weight long john tops this time of year.

Maybe Romney's a bit cold blooded and wanted to keep warm.

I seriously doubt given the Mrs. habit of obviously not wearing g's at all some of the time that the Mr. is sportin' temple garments.

Give it a rest

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 12:16AM

Maybe it's some sort of lucky charm for him, or something.

It would be hilarious of he was elected and then pulled a bill hendrickson.

HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 01:57AM

It's possible that Romney decided to wear the "full armor of the Lord" and don the longsleved, full length garment against Obama.

You just never know what a desperate cult mind thinks up.
Or perhaps his TBM advisors told him to do so.

This whole situation does not bode well for our country.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 02:12AM

I agree Glo. I had a number of Full Length Garments on my Mission. I called them Long John Garments, which is basically what they were. They Came in handy in those frozen months of the Japanese Winter. They were the only Garments that I ever actually liked wearing.

Posted by: Jude ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 02:58AM

I liked long-john garmies for the elderly and sporty types.

It does not look like long-john garmies I remember the older style had tight cuffs.

Perhaps his shirt was thin and is wearing an undershirt over his garmies. There was a photo from earlier in the campaign where his garmies were too obvious under his shirt. I was told by my temple president if there is even a chance of garmies being seen on TV it is better to go without.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 11:29AM

Mystery solved

we all saw the 'cheat sheet' notebook he smuggled in at the last debate

this time around, he didn't had a desk/podium to hide it

so - like generations of nervous schoolkids taking a final exam - he shoved it up his sleeve

His performance this time around, maybe, indicates that he didn't get a chance to look at it

Posted by: citizen not logged in ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 11:38AM

probably some kind of security bracelet for secret service use is my guess...

or maybe one of those magnetic bracelets that is supposed to give magnetic powers or whatever...

or one of those i like boobies bracelets...

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 12:20PM

He probably got a "blessing" beforehand and, of course, he would be wearing his temple garments for added 'protection'.

Joseph Smith had himself anointed as king over the whole world. so why not Romney.
Cult delusion knows no bounds.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 17, 2012 12:26PM

Let's say they are garments. He's a Mormon! So what!

If he wasn't wearing any everyone would be having a fit. His wife is a good example.

Who cares? The whole 'I spy a garmie, game is stupid.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.