Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mary B ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 04:24PM

I seriously consider singing up for anger management therapy. Since the old farts anounced that they will now start brainwashing young people and training them as salesmen (and women) at even younger age, my facebook feed is overflowing with statements like "I am so gratefull for this wonderfull blessing from our HF, now my brother/sister/ ... won't have to lose that year in college and can go preach our beloved gospel and call himself elder at the age of 18, oh how freaking blessed we are to be alive to witness such a revelation." - well I got a little creative, but you know what I mean.
How do they not see the real reason for this "revelation" - TSCC needs more missionaries, and needs them before they start to think for themselves. But I don't want to start fighting with everyone who posts that kind of mental vomit, I did it with one and it was exhausting as one may expect.
I know I can just stop using facebook, but it is pretty adictive.
Well, if you read this far, thanks for you patience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 04:31PM

I feel the same way - seriously angry, but also completely flummoxed that the members can't see this for what it is. Makes my head explode.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 04:57PM

Ugh. Same here. I have to step away before my brain explodes.

Posted by: NoToJoe (unregistered) ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:45PM

There are plenty of us on this board that went on missions, married in the temple and towed the line for a long time. We still figured out the truth and we said ENOUGH! The mission if anything pushed many of us here faster.

It will make no difference if someone serves at 18 or 19 or 21, sooner or later we all come face to face with the underbelly of church history. We either choose to pretend we didn't see it or recognize that the emperor has no clothes. I don't think my outcome would have been any different if I had put on that name tag a year earlier.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 04:59PM

Ditch FB. You'll feel much better, trust me.

Posted by: Mary B ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:10PM

I already did that right after I left, it helped a great deal. I thought I was ready to go back but with GC and all that hype it is just too much to bear.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:10PM

an elder at age 18 ? Did god change his mind on the correct ages of the priesthoods ?

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:46PM

Nothing new about that Dave... Most of the boys that leave for school are made Elders (at 18) before they go so they don't have to be a lowly Priest when they arrive at a student ward.

Posted by: michaelff ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:14PM

Moving the missionary age limit...the best "revelation" they can come up with?

Talking to God everyday..so how about a line on the Steelers/Eagles?

Posted by: momjeans ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:24PM

Or how about a tip-off on the matter of the "white salamander"?

Posted by: michaelff ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:35PM

or how about just have a revelation about why the boa and the funeral transcript don't match.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:42PM

So if this is a revelation was it a non-revelation when it was 19?

Or did the unchanging god change his mind?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.