Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dec ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 06:50PM

Here’s why:

Channel surfing I checked out the conf talk and Whiting talked about the high temple building standards.

He said that the building standard requirements are exact standards, using an example of a temple walls being gritty and had to be rebuffed and painted, only to be wallpapered afterward. Whiting thought the wallpaper was part of the contractors cover-up, but during the open house found out that the wallpaper was part of the plan all along…. Part of the importance of having the temple as exacting standards of perfection even though no one would know the walls were gritty after the wallpaper was applied.

There was a stain glass tile out of balance and the designer/contractor had them remove it. During the open house Whiting saw that there was a large plant covering the glass and thought it was the contractors way to cover the tile, but no, the plant was always part of the design. He checked and saw that the tile of glass was now straightened even though it couldn’t be seen.

Whiting went on to tie it together saying, such is the attention to have exact and perfect detail in the temple…

Nothing else can do for the Lord’s temple. …

This is held to be an example of purity and perfection.

He then drew the comparison using a temple for the lds people’s framework in life.

Stating that lds people must NOT COVER SINS,…. that they need to strive for Making necessary improvements.

He briefly spoke about Accountability, ensuring that the spirit of God will move in them; if not the spirit of God will withdraw.
At this point I became nauseated.

I gasped, thinking, WHUT? Just this month David Twede of mormonthink.com asked the GA’s to come forward and detail what was error in the documentation on mormonthink, but the GA’s will not do it. Instead they wished to cover it up by holding a court to dis or ex him. Instead they send apologist hacks to do their talking for them.

If these general authorities, Whiting in specific, took as much attention to applying this temple detailed topic to coming clean about the teachings of Mormonism, teachings which are in place to COVER sins and past and present deceptions, he then might be headed on the right track to fulfill any type of example he wished to convey in this talk.

Since they continue to cover deceptions and sins to this day they are receiving the very consequence they wish to avoid.
When they claim that Jesus guides and directs the prophet as the true church on earth they have shown that Jesus is nowhere in the details of their practices.

They speak with their mouth enticing and flowery words, but their hearts and souls and actions are far, far from any concept of Jesus, which they spend billions of dollars on temples claiming that it is a temple for Jesus.

The LDS temples reminds me of the New testament story about Jesus dislike for the temples and the corruption around them. (that N.T. analogy was a suspicious bid to get the public away from the Jewish temples and into the Paul backed Roman teachings, but nevertheless it also applies to the sickening two faced dark souled teachings Whiting is passing off.)

The apple is bright and shiny on the outside, but rotten and black in the middle.

The sheer gall, nerve, arrogance and unmitigated audacity of these men know absolutely no bounds when they are involved in endless cover-ups and all they have to do is be accountable and use some attention to detail and make necessary corrections in their teachings and approaches to conversions in their own church as they preach at general conference. Yet the speaker just prior, Cook, was speaking about focusing on converting others!! They are talking about converting others and using the temple as a beautiful draw while covering up and avoiding the massive problems within mormonism past and present.
Wow!

If the law of Karma, of cause and effect – that which you dish out returns to you - has any validity, then it is written all over this mess called Mormonism and their very words will come back to bite them in the butt.

Now I must get some pepto bismal or Alka-Seltzer.

Conference should have a warning,
WARNING: Do not watch after a large lunch – May cause nausea and vomiting.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2012 07:30PM by dec.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 06:57PM

Actually, the ancient Greeks had the same attitude about their (pagan, Satan-inspired) temples: In the Parthenon, for example, the statuary that was located in the frieze, high above the ground where no one would ever see it, was done in just as careful detail on the back side of the statues as on the front.

Again, the Mormons are copy-cats.

Posted by: dec ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 06:59PM

How interesting Ron.

(and by the way Ron, your wisdom and website is a delight and a treasure.)

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 02:26PM

And I'll be eternally grateful for all the info I gleaned from his website when I discovered it years ago.

Saree

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 07:16PM

I am sure the contractor was able to charge the church for that extra layer of paint that no one would ever see as well as the pane of glass that was "out of alignment" and the new carpet they put in the temple after ripping out the carpet that was used during the opening.

If God cared so much about perfection why are there so many different genetic abnormalities that create disease and deformities in his creations? I think the Japanese Wabisabi aesthetic is a more accurate and beautiful reflection of the natural world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi
"The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete". It is a concept derived from the Buddhist teaching of the three marks of existence (三法印 sanbōin?), specifically impermanence (無常 mujō?), the other two being suffering (苦 ku?) and emptiness or absence of self-nature (空 kū?). Characteristics of the wabi-sabi aesthetic include asymmetry, asperity (roughness or irregularity), simplicity, economy, austerity, modesty, intimacy and appreciation of the ingenuous integrity of natural objects and processes."

Personally I would much rather meditate in a temple that follows the Wabisabi aesthetic rather than the aesthetic of "perfection" exemplified in Mormon temples. Perfection is artificial, unattainable, and indicates a cessation of progress and growth. Wabisabi reminds us that life is short, suffering is universal, and like Christ advised, we should lose ourselves in the service of others.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 09:46AM

This is something new to me. What a beautiful concept!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 08:53PM

Well, there is perfect and then there is perfect. A top interior decorator can bill his or her client more than $10,000 on a set of curtains and trimmings for one window alone. I kid you not!

So Mormon church authorities talking about the perfection of their temples rather underwhelms me. I'm sure they are very nice looking on the inside, but they do not represent the very best that the architecture and interior design world has to offer. You have to drop some serious bucks for that to happen. You also have to cede more creative control to the design professionals than the church would ever be willing to do.

Posted by: Anon___ ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 05:21PM

The church does spend big bucks on interior design. I have a cousin that is a high-paid interior designer. She was offered a huge sum a few years back to work on a temple project. She turned it down.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 09:08PM

And the Lord could care less about all those Temples. Worship in a hut for all HE cares.

Posted by: Meri ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 11:42AM

I agree. But I don't think any church has picked up on that yet ^^

In fact, why even go to church at all? Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. We don't need no stinkin' churches

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 09:18PM

Trying to get perfection of material things is a silly concept. Any supposedly pristine surface looks like a random pile of rocks even with a low power microscope. An x-ray of a building wall shows the pipes, wires, nails and screws placed as a random jumble. The sanitary piping coursing through the building contains urine and feces. All is vanity. All is pretense.

Posted by: La_Capa ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:43AM

That is one of the most powerful paragraphs I've ever read!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 11:20PM

But if our bodies are our temples, why is so much money going to getting buildings perfect and so little going to feed, clothe and house the bodies/temples of the poor and needy. Like I said ages ago, if Jesus were to come back to earth and enter a Mormon temple, he'd probably look around and say "Nice place you got here - how many of my children did you let die to have the money to pay for it?"

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:54AM

This is also the details of Steve Jobs' perfectionism in manufacturing the Mac.

His biography goes into detail on it. Mormons are so lacking in creativity, and so lacking in faith-promoting stories, they are stealing them from best-sellers.

And the Greeks.

I'm sure the Mormon apologists will simply explain that the Greeks were copying today's prophets, and if they say it often enough, the members will believe it.

Mitt's children all use that technique and where do you think they got the idea? Right. In priesthood meetings.

Anagrammy

PS. Jesus said the kingdom of god is within--and your body is the temple. Wonder where his followers can be found in modern times?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 03:56AM by anagrammy.

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 09:37AM

What a great analogy dec! I could not bring myself to listen to any of conference but it is nice when someone reports back. The temple is a great metaphor of so much of mormonism, exclusionary, a warped sense of righteousness, wedding the cult, families are forever (except for the ones in the waiting room), a complete waste of money....the list can just go on and on!

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 10:35AM

As a tradesman myself I would never, ever, ever do a job for the church. I have spoken with people that have done work for the church and there is no charging extra for these so called "mess ups". The church has an impossibly high standard for its building projects and when things don't quite measure up the contractor gets to pay for it. For example, I spoke with a plumbing contractor that built a chapel a few years ago. He said that whatever pipe they used was perfectly acceptable and conformes to all local building standards, but the church building rep made them tear it out and replace it with a higher quality pipe at their own expense. They got away with it bc of one line on one page mentioned the higher quality pipe in passing.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 10:43AM

As a homeowner, I've had to ask contractors to redo some work.

I never thought of crowing to my friends about how holy that must make me.

These guys need new speech writers.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 02:55PM

I'm sure TSCC gets a kickback on every $500.00 change order that they create.

Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 03:23PM

I remember hearing that when the foundation of the Oquirrh Mt. Temple, I think that was the temple, could have been Draper, had graffiti spray painted on it at the beginning of construction the church had the cement removed and a new foundation poured instead of cleaning the graffiti off. They claimed the cement had been defiled...these guys are sick.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.