Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SD ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 12:21PM

My name is SD and I'm an RfM Addict. I've long been in denial but with the hiatus I now know it's true. Oh the agony of seeing a post and not being able to respond to it. Oh the trauma of thinking I might not ever be spanked by Susan I/S again. Oh the gratitude in realizing the withdrawal symptoms might finally be abated. For us Junkies out here, many thanks to the Admin Staff.

And now for that post I never got to respond to. Where did the term "Pay Lay Ale" come from? I'll tell you where. It came from mid-19th Century Scotland. The quaint little drinking establishments back then were often combination beer halls and brothels. They became known as the place where you paid for the "Lay" and the "Ale." Or in Scottish brogue short hand, "Pay Lay Ale." Que to bagpipes playing "Scotland the Brave." Whew! Glad I finally got that out. It was eating me up nigh unto Mormon style guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 01:23PM

Now I know the Only True Meaning of Pay Lay Ale!
Makes sense. I'm Scottish. I can now claim it! :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.