Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: taketheredpill ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 01:00PM

How Much Do The Q15 and GAs Really Get Paid?

I read on Mormonthink, that a trusted source, mentioned the quorum of the 12 and the 1st Pres. were being paid around 6 or 800k a year back in the 80s or 90s.

Any thoughts on what that sum might be today? I know nobody really knows for sure, but my guess would be about 900k to 1.2million per year.

Any guesses?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 02:21PM

I read a comment on youtube that the LDS Cult Prophet is on $2 million dollar Stipend annually.

The source the commentator says is from a Zion Bank employee/insider that he knows.

I don't know if these figures are accurate but because the church does not disclose the Stipend payments I would trust that they are as high as we suspect.

Greedy Cult Leaders they are.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 07:20PM

My theory is that the Big 15 are divided into camps. There is the true believer camp that is well taken care of, but kept in the dark about what the others are doing, then there are the ones who have figured it out, and our milking the system dry beneath the noses of their compatriots.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 01:08AM

$2 mill? Really? But does he have to be able to wipe his own drool? Or does he just have to have a pulse?

Date: September 21, 2012 03:41PM

Can you imagine if the world of Mormondom did find out the salaries of all GAs and the Q15?

It would cause major problems.

I feel bad for all the broke people, 3rd world, jobless, faithfully paying 10%.

I wonder if branch presidents, bishops in these economically deprived areas have a Church welfare program. I know my mission in the DR didn't. I don't think the church could in the 3rd world, people would be getting baptized like crazy if word got out.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 03:51PM

does calling them a 'Stipend' relieve them of tax liability/exposure?

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 03:54PM

If the living stipends/allowances/paychecks were "low", the church would be disclosing them at every opportunity.

Since the church has decided not to disclose the GA pay structure, you can be sure the numbers are embarrassingly high.

If the members only knew.....

Date: September 21, 2012 04:06PM

I wonder if the Q15 pays tithing?

Maybe they pay more than 10%, to show their devotion. . . Like 20%!

Posted by: Anonymous September ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 04:09PM

The first presidency also owns all of the shares of the church's for profit businesses. IMO, and it's pure speculation, they have more opportunity to enrich themselves and their family off of these businesses in addition to the 1 or 2 million in salary paid from tithes.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 04:11PM

Some things to consider:

Pretty much any one in the top 15 can write a book or have a book ghost written and be guaranteed royalties.

They travel a lot on church business and get all kinds of "perks". Pretty much anywhere they travel they get treated like royalty, nay, like gods and members make incredible sacrifices to feed them lavish meals, etc.

So whatever the undisclosed stipend, is the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: Marcion ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 04:16PM

Of course they don't pay tithing. If they did they would just get a 10% raise to cover it. They are exempt.

And, they've all had the 2nd anointing so any sins or omissions are waived by god anyway. The guys who make the rules are always the ones who benefit.

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 04:26PM

My question is: What do they do with it?

Whether they make $50K or $500K, they can't really visibly spend it other than buying a nice house or two.

Except for filling up bank accounts and education funds for every grandchild, niece and nephew, what can they spend it on?

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 04:27PM

According to GBH it is less than the CEO of a major corporation. So...less than $50,000,000?

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 04:39PM

God's One True Church operates as a corporation?

You don't say.

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 04:42PM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 07:25PM

He says that his grandfather was well taken care of, but he never saw any evidence of secret bank accounts or millions of dollars. Goes back to my theory, that there is an inner circle of apostles who know the truth, and exploit every one else's ignorance in order to lavish themselves and their family.

Being oldsters, the dirty ones probably squirrel most of it away for the kids.

Date: September 21, 2012 05:13PM

"According to GBH it is less than the CEO of a major corporation. So...less than $50,000,000?"

Ghost Buster, Did GBH Really Say That?

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 06:16PM

Yes he did, not the "less than $50,000,000" part, but the "less than the CEO of a major corporation." part.

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 11:09PM

I think it was during his Larry King interview. All he said was less than the CEO of a major corporation. IMO that gives it a pretty high cap.

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 10:16PM

When my fiance served her mission, she told me that the prophet GBH came to their mission on a sort of world tour. The hotel he was staying at was in her area (she was told the name of the hotel and recognized it). So she and her companion wanted to see! She and her comp rode by the hotel to which she discovered to her dismay that it was a $2000 a NIGHT minimum hotel, equivalent to the Bellagio/MGM Grand/Wynn on the Las Vegas strip. Fountains in front, palm trees, resort, etc. She told me that it deeply disturbed her for years when she knew that the so called "prophet" was lavishly spending money and traveling in a fleet (not one) but a fleet of Cadillacs. This was the same church that said that they couldn't pay for her visa or any other related travel expenses, so she was out a few thousand before she even set off.

Posted by: ducky333 ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 10:35PM

And think of those members who gave Elder Faust the gold fillings out of their teeth for the Porto Alegre Temple in Brazil because it's all they had. They were asked to sacrifice so they could be worthy to enter their own temple (at the risk of their health). But the big boys get to live lavish lifestyles and stay in hotels at a minimum of two grand a night. Unconscionable.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 11:15PM

was that he bought some of those gold fillings from the cult for cost, as a souvenir of the incident. What a cold-blooded bastard. No Spanish Conquistador was ever more money-grubbing and ruthless.

There used to be pictures of it all over the internet, but his family and Mormons Inc. have done a really good whitewashing.

Posted by: ducky333 ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 12:21AM

Yeah, the fillings used to be on display as "testament" of their sacrifice. I think I read Faust paid above market price for them; he was really proud of himself for that. What utter arrogance. Rat bastards. Consider how those same people might feel about the 5 billion dollar mall. There's a lotta gold at Tiffany's.

Thanks for that info, xyz. I had no idea. (uh, info below. I put this in the wrong place.)

What happens after one of the big 15 dies? Is it left as inheritance? Or does they give "their all" to the church when they die, so their money can be used "for the building of the Lord's kingdom here..."blablabla? Didn't they make that covenant in the temple, too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 12:22AM by ducky333.

Date: September 22, 2012 12:27AM

I wish I knew, LOL!

I don't suppose we'll be seeing THOSE tax returns anytime soon either.

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 09:16AM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 09:36AM

Is this it?

http://exposingmormonism.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/James-Gold-Fillings-Faust4-300x222.jpg

And the webpage:

http://exposingmormonism.com/2009/08/12/mormonism-exposed-8-does-the-mormon-hierarchy-really-need-your-gold-dental-work-bridges-to-build-temples/

Why would anyone in their right mind encourage someone to donate a gold filling? That's a health issue. If you wouldn't want someone to donate an artificial hip or knee, why would you want that person to donate a gold filling?

Date: September 22, 2012 09:45AM

That's part of a video where Faust brags about his deed.

Date: September 21, 2012 10:42PM

Here are figures from a dozen publicly traded companies, ranked by most recent net earnings, high to low. The average directorship compensation package is $681,541:

Oracle
Net Earnings FY 2011: $8.55 billion
Average Director Compensation: $725,589

Hewlett-Packard
Net Earnings FY 2011: $7.07 billion
Average Director Compensation: $941,802

Occidental Petroleum
Net Earnings FY 2011: $6.64 billion
Average Director Compensation: $645,242

Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
Net Earnings FY 2011: $4.56 billion
Average Director Compensation: $541,836

Northrop Grumman
Net Earnings FY 2011: $2.12 billion
Average Director Compensation: $696,717

Tyson Foods
Net Earnings FY 2011: $750 million
Average Director Compensation: $542,013

Amazon.com
Net Earnings FY 2011: $631 million
Average Director Compensation: $898,993

Fidelity National Information Services
Net Earnings FY 2011: $469.6 million
Average Director Compensation: $849,691

Ball
Net Earnings FY 2011: $444 million
Average Director Compensation: $563,954

Salesforce.com
Net Earnings FY 2011: $64.5 million
Average Director Compensation: $690,053

Chesapeake Energy
Net Earnings FY 2011: -$28 million
Average Director Compensation: $533,163

Alpha Natural Resources
Net Earnings FY 2011: -$677.39 million
Average Director Compensation: $549,445

http://247wallst.com/2012/06/07/the-12-companies-with-the-highest-paid-boards-of-directors/#ixzz23T4kq1N5

A 2011 study by accounting firm BDO USA noted a median change increase in director compensation to $110,155 across a sample of 600 middle market-sized companies.

“Health-care sector directors saw the sharpest increase at an average of 13.3% while technology and energy industry directors have remained the highest paid since 2008 at $149,428 and $139,930, respectively. The lack of equity profits resulted in financial services directors earning an average of just $77,022 per directorship while banking directors earned just $50,284.”

http://www3.gmiratings.com/2011/06/director-pay-rising-at-mid-market-boards/

This link shows a pie chart analyzing compensation package breakdowns. Note that the average annual retainer in 2010 is $67,262 to which fees, meeting compensations, committee fees, and other forms of compensation are added:

http://www.compensationforce.com/2010/06/new-study-covers-outside-director-compensation.html

Consider that from tithing alone the Mormon church makes $6-8 billion a year, tax-free. Now consider that most members of the Q12 sit on the board of directors of more than one church-owned company within the corporate umbrella, with individual directorship compensations estimated to range between $67,000 and $681,541 per annum. These guys are probably each pulling down anywhere from $67,000 to several million per year from directorships alone.

You have to figure that the newer members of the Q12 like Anderson, Christofferson, and Cook are going to be on the low end of that compensation scale, but the higher-ups with real seniority, like Packer and Perry, are definitely going to be sitting on some nice cozy compensation packages…and that isn’t even getting into the rampant nepotism on intra-cult connections that benefit offspring and relatives handsomely.

How much does the 1stP get paid? You have to figure how much Mormons Inc. is worth. I've read estimates here that the corporation and all its holdings are valued at well over $100B. Is that fair? Let's say Mormons Inc. is worth $100B just for $#!ts and giggles. Now let’s do a comparison of Mormons Inc. with other corporations and industries of similar value, whose CEO compensation we know:

Here were the 2009-2010 compensation package values of the 18 highest-paid CEOs of publicly-traded companies with a market cap valued at between $60B and $160B:
PM Philip Morris Int'l., $156B, Louis C. Camilleri (2010) $21,656,906
ORCL Oracle Corp., $154B, Lawrence J. Ellison (2010) $70,143,075
JPM JPMorgan Chase & Co., $140B, James Dimon (2010) $20,816,289
MRK Merck & Co., $135B, Richard T. Clark (2009) $16,838,367
VZ Verizon Communications Inc., $127B, Iva G. Seidenberg (2010) $18,166,006
QCOM Qualcomm Inc., $105B, Paul E. Jacobs (2010) $17,626,939
ABT Abbot Laboratories, $104B, Miles D. White (2010) $25,564,283
CSCO Cisco Systems Inc., $93B, John T. Chambers (2010) $18,871,875
CMCSA Comcast Corp., $92B, Brian L. Roberts (2010) $31,058,959
DIS Walt Disney Co., $80B, Robert A. Iger (2010) $29,617,964
OXY Occidental Petroleum Corp., $74B Ray R. Irani (2010) $76,107,010
KFT Kraft Foods Inc., $72B, Irene Rosenfeld (2010) $19,287,983
MO Altria Group Inc., $71B, Michael E. Szymanczyk (2010) $24,046,719
UTX United Technologies Corp., $71B, Louis Chenevert (2010) $22,086,161
COP ConocoPhillips, $69B, James J. Mulva (2010) $17,932,895
APX American Express Co., $63B, K.I. Chenault (2010) $16,813,272
AMGN Amgen Inc., $63B, Kevin W. Sharer (2010) $21,138,133
USB US Bancorp, $62B, Richard K. Davis (2010) $18,771,205

http://chiefexecutive.net/top-100-ceo-pay-packages-among-public-companies
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=AXP%2C+&ql=1

Removing the outrageous Ellison/Irani outliers, these other 16 CEOs were compensated an average of $21,268,372 in 2010.

Are you going to sit there with a straight face and tell me you actually believed Gordon B. Hinckley’s smug, smirking mug when he said Mormon bigwigs are given "living allowances […], which are very modest in comparison with executive compensation in industry and the professions,”...?

Mormons Inc. doesn't have to tell what they're forking out for their executive salaries, and they won't. But even if he's making HALF of what the average highest-paid CEOs of $100B corporations are pulling down, Tommy Monson is pulling down $10 million a year. Even if he's making half of THAT, it's still $5 million a year, plus all the perks like free diaper service.

IMHO that so-called "modest compensation" base needs to be jacked up to well above those bottom-end five-to-six measly figures everyone tosses around to even come marginally close to the wad of dough Brother T.S. Monson, Chief Huckster Extraordinaire, is probably laughing all the way to the bank with, jammed down the front of his Depend® Adult Undergarment.

Or do you think its direct-deposit? The money, I mean.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 10:47PM

I think if members knew the dollar amount, plus perks and bennies, most would cease and desist when it came to paying tithing.

THAT is why they don't tell. They know that they are robbing the poor and needy.

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 11:03PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.