Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 11:36AM

I've done it! I'm free.

I will go into 'inactive" status first, and then pull the records out after that.

I'm done researching the history. My mind is made up! I want to stop this endless rationalizing and start accepting the facts that the LDS church is an absolute fraud.

It's really not the people that are at fault. They are good people of the community. They don't realise that they have been bamboozled!

The top few executives of this cult are the ones to blame, for hiding and covering up the discrepancies. This is indeed a very sophisticated CULT.

Here are my main reasons:
- Temple covenants are actually Masonic covenants. I didn't sign up for this! Mormon logic: If it looks, smells and sounds like a dog, it is a cat! Pray until you receive this answer.
- Joe Smith's life is not becoming of a prophet. I can accept imperfections as a human being, but doctrinal-wise = he didn't live up to his "calling". Same goes for all other prophets and apostles - Deny Deny Deny?

I think that is good enough. Don't get me started on Brigham Young.

My accomplishments in the MORG:
- Mission
- BYU
- HP Group leader

Goodbye to my donations too. I'm ecstatic about my 10% raise now! The windows of heavens have finally opened.

I can't blame myself as I was deceived. My "testimony" was based on what I was taught. If I reevaluate it today, I know this church is NOT true.

Interesting event yesterday: I had an inspiring music in my head. I "felt the spirit"...aka the warm, fuzzy feeling. To test this, I quickly put a thought of a demonic face and whispered "Oh Devil" a few times. Guess what! The good feeling did NOT go away. Yet the mormon Holy Ghost flees the room when somebody farts.
It's all subjective folks!
I still want to believe in God, Jesus and the real Holy Ghost. This will be the "faith" aspect of my life, to anchor my morals to. But I now have a theory that inspirations from God more likely comes to the MIND, rather than just the heart. Think about how many diseases that science has cured compared to the witch doctors!

I told my wife that if I have to come back to the church, I MUST accept other wives in heaven, and I must also honor the freemasonry religion. That's the only way I can reconcile.

So, please welcome me to the Former Mormon fold! I will write up my exit story soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GC ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 11:43AM

Good decision, one based on sound research and logic.

Welcome!

Posted by: Marcion ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 11:46AM

Congratulations.

When I finally made up my mind to walk away and got released from all callings, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face for a couple of weeks.

Welcome to freedom. If you are like me, your life will just get better and better from here.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 11:47AM

Good on ya!

I was a convert for only 1 1/2 years. I read about the garments, but I knew I would NEVER wear them. I tried not to think much about that little tradition, it was too ludicrous.

Posted by: larry john ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 11:49AM

I'm not sure about any relegion alternative but it seems to make sense this statement.

christians catch the fish first and christ cleans them.
Mormons clean the fish first and the devil catches them.

The horse before the cart, only leads to arrogance, false humility, judging self-rightousness that exists among this sophisticted glorified money hungury tight ass adopted jewish gentile cult..

larry.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 11:59AM

"Yet the mormon Holy Ghost flees the room when somebody farts."

(Larry-the-Cable-Guy voice...)- I don't care who you are...that's funny right thar....

LOL

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 12:11PM

+1

That made me LOL real-time.

Welcome to the freedom of being a former-Mormon, mostcorrectedbook. Here's hoping your journey is smooth, but TSCC is a big, fat lie, even in the not-so-smooth moments. We are here to celebrate your happy moments with you and be a sounding board if/when challenging moments arise. Looking forward to reading your exit story and congratulations!

p.s. Love your clever board name.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 12:20PM by Surrender Dorothy.

Date: September 18, 2012 12:29PM

hehe. I got that farting story from here:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,522596

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 06:36PM

That story is hilarious! I'll never think of farting and the HG the same.

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 07:16PM

From that link...

"Many times I have heard leaders say that the spirit has fled because of this outburst or that disordered lesson, or cluttered homes of faithful and spiritual members."

Holy shit!!!....REALLY???????

God will "leave" a devout member for what was mentioned above...and they actually TEACH this??????

How the fvck does anyone STAY mormon?????

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 10:21PM

But, the spirit doesn't flee when Mittens takes his boat out on the water on the Sabbath and laughs loudly...

If this spirit thing could just be consistent for one minute...

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 12:06PM

Woot! Good for you for figuring it out. You will be amazed of the next bit as the evidence gets more and more and more obvious and clear.

Date: September 18, 2012 12:38PM

You are right. Every piece of evidence and fact is now making complete sense.
This serves an important lesson for all. Remember not to be gullible to love-bombs and faith-promoting stories.
Con-men don't look like "dodos"! They are charmers and will carefully hide the truths.
Interestingly, the word "occult" derives from "hidden".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 12:45PM by mostcorrectedbook.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 12:20PM

Yay! Welcome to a big wide world of real underwear! ;-)

Congratulations, mostcorrectedbook!

Excellent moniker, btw.

Date: September 18, 2012 12:35PM

Thanks! I especially LOVE buying underwear for my wife now. She looks so awesome in it.
We got married in the temple...chaste, virgin and all white. Now she looks more attractive then ever. Bikini and tanktops - how marvelous and wonderful! I would have never known before!

Sorry for the rant. My freedom is such a positive buzz now.

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 01:01PM

Welcome!

I ditched mine a couple years ago. So liberating!

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 04:19PM

Man it feels good to be a gangsta....j/k Congrats!

Posted by: sithlord ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 05:07PM

YEAH!! Good for you mostcorrectedbook! Not only are you free to live your life, but you will find that you now finally feel like an adult. Congratulations!!

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 05:17PM

That Was funny mostcorrectedbook!

I think that every Exmo guy should use that same logic on his TBM wife like where you said: "I told my wife that if I have to come back to the church, I MUST accept other wives in heaven, and I must also honor the freemasonry religion. That's the only way I can reconcile." ...classic :)

Date: September 18, 2012 06:14PM

Thanks everyone for your support!

BTW, my wife is leaving too. She is a wonderful partner who will support me all the way. She just needs some time to peel off all the deep layers as she is from a multi-generational TBM family.

She has even broke the news to my oldest daughter that daddy has uncovered some bad things about the church. My daughter vowed that she will follow me. I am so glad about this because I don't want her to continue the YW indoctrination. Hopefully my other younger kids will forget their Primary indoctrination sessions.

I told them that they can TRUST me for now. I will lead this exodus, and will truly stand blameless before God for my actions.

I feel more "presiding patriarch" than ever!

Posted by: paleale ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 05:18PM

Congratulations!

Enjoy everything this wonderful world has to offer and try not to let the cult and its members stress you out.

PaleAle

Posted by: taketheredpill ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 05:30PM

I was on a business trip in May.

After work, all I did was research FREEMASONRY. I was addicted to it. I was so hurt and shocked at the similarities, I took off my garments and didn't put them back on for 3 days.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 05:44PM

Posted by: smith ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 06:22PM

This is awesome news! Congratulations for both you and your wife, and the generations that you are liberating by leaving TSCC!

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 06:53PM

Now you have a "real" testimony and know what is a lie. Congratulations. It is a wonderful feeling. I tell by your euphoric feeling in your post. I'm so happy for you!!!

Posted by: doormat2012 ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 08:22PM

I'm inspired! I was so down on myself about going to church on Sunday when I promised myself I wouldn't. In my heart I'm out. . . I just need to BE out. No more callings. No church this Sunday. Than inactive. I just don't want to lose my husband.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 09:16PM

Congrats and those are two good reasons to say ENOUGH.You can keep the real Jesus of Christianity in your mind or heart or both. You can find a place to practice your spirituality in your own time. Once you know the LDS faith is a fraud you probably need some space from all religion for just a bit. Sorting things out slowly is the best way to go once all the Mormon crap is gone. I wish you well and enjoy your raise.

Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 09:55PM

Congrats!
You're gonna love not having to wear those over-priced / under-comfortable things any more!!!

Posted by: Freeminded girl ( )
Date: September 18, 2012 11:35PM

I love happy stories like this, I actually "felt the spirit" when I read your story. Just goes to show...
It's nice that your wife is leaving with you, I wish you all the best in your new life together. :)

Posted by: turnonthelights ( )
Date: September 19, 2012 05:51AM

If only I were as lucky as you.

Date: September 19, 2012 10:38AM

Thanks everyone. I hope we can be friends and support each other.

Since this board doesn't have any personal messaging, I was wondering if I could collect a list of all of you as my dear friends.
I want to do it the old fashioned way - email! FB is stalked by the FBI and the MORG CIA (my conspiracy theory).

You can click on my "mostcorectedbook" nickname and get my email address.

Please email me at johnrmask-mostcorrectedbook AT yahoo DOT com

Posted by: kayus ( )
Date: September 21, 2012 02:32PM

Congratulations my friend. Wishing you the best

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.