Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 01:45AM

Family member headed on another friggin mission.

Last time I was in a mormon service was about 6 years ago. I liked it because it was the first time I had set foot in a mormon building in about 5 years or so. It was fun to see the robot drones. Nary a happy person to be seen.

So we shall see how it goes tomorrow.

I'm wearing jeans, sneakers & if I had a Motley Crue T-shirt, I'd wear that too.

I will return and report.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ducky333 ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 01:55AM

Levi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Family member headed on another friggin mission....It was fun to see the robot drones [6 years ago when I last went].
>Nary a happy person to be seen.
>So we shall see how it goes tomorrow.
>I'm wearing jeans, sneakers & if I had a Motley Crue T-shirt, I'd wear that too. I will return and report.

While I feel for your situation, I must tell you how funny this whole image is. "Nary a happy person..."--rotflmao! I hope something good comes from the time you spend there. Love that you're going all-out rebel in your outfit. Can't wait to hear about your day tomorrow.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 02:14AM

Oh - I answered your other q. on another post. about my mother. :-)

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 02:42AM

Be calm, pleasant, content.

Deep down, Mo's don't think it's possible.

How they long to be calm, pleasant, content.

In spite of doing ALL they are told, the ability to be calm, pleasant, and content eludes them.

Posted by: oxymormon ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 02:47AM

I'm with you.

I last attended on Christmas, because my TBM mom made it clear that "all she wanted for christmas was to see me in church" I'm pretty far along on my recovery, so I thought "if it means that much to her then it's an hour out of my life! Done."

You should have seen the craned necks when I had the audacity to sing the bass line during the congregational hymns!

But you're right-- not ONE person (including my TBM mom and sisters) was smiling.

Weirdos!

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 03:54AM

You are brave. I still have church phobia, after 7 years. I went to a missionary homecoming a couple of years ago, but the missionary was only allowed to speak about his mission for only 5 minutes, and the rest of his talk was on a GA's speech--I think it was one of Jeffrey Holland's conference talks. I felt cheated. I didn't take the sacrament, and an unknown lady next to me noticed, and she asked me if I was a "visitor," loudly, right in the middle of sacrament. After going to Christian churches all those years, I was struck by how noisy the Mormon meeting was! 1) Unhappy children crying 2) Sneezing and coughing. Three days later, I came down with a cold, which I attribute to the violently ill family behind me in the cramped pews.

Be sure to bring a handkerchief, hand sanitizer, chocolate or beer, for afterwards. I would also recommend a pencil and paper to write down your thoughts, to keep you sane, or to share with us, if you want. We would like to know how it goes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2012 03:56AM by forestpal.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.