Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 06:36PM

While listening to Tom Phillips, I realized that one of the most disappointing things is that we assume that everyone else is as logical and caring about integrity as we are. Like Tom, I thought that as soon as I shared with my family what I learned, they would have the same reaction as I did. It seems so obvious that the church is false when presented with the information. Instead Tom lost his family and I have alienated mine :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 06:45PM

That was the hard pill to swallow. They don't even know what you have found, and yet they have judged it to be so vile that they would welcome the ebola virus sooner than a few facts out of your mouth.

It is a shocker.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 06:47PM

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:58PM

+

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 12:16PM

Yes it is a crushing blow to discover that despite their constant harping on accepting and standing for the truth, that when you discover the truth, you are despised and turned out of the fellowship of family and community.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 01:00PM

When they say "know the truth and the truth will set you free" I think they really meant to say,

"Know the truth and the TSCC will set you free" right out the door faster than you can say child bride.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.