Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 05:54PM

I was listing to a sermon on the radio as I was driving to town this morning. The pastor was speaking about the truths found within the Bible. Then he said that the Smithsonian Institution was given the task of finding evidence to support the Book of Mormon.

The Smithsonian could not find any evidence to prove the Book of Mormon was factual. Here is a prominent institution that can't find any evidence.

I became quiet and sad. I was hoping for some shred of evidence to prove something within the Book of Mormon was true. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Something in side of me was hoping something from this God-forsaken church was factual. Sigh!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeezrom ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 06:31PM

The Book of Mormon makes a total 'ass' of itself when it comes to history/archeology of when/where it is supposed to have happened.

It doesn't get anything right in terms of New World plants, animals, weapons etc.

It's so obvious. I don't know how Mormons still hold on to it.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 06:39PM

The Smithsonian Institution was never given the task of finding evidence to support the Book of Mormon.

The Smithsonian was, however, sick to death of fielding idiotic queries from Mormons hoping they would use the Book of Mormon as a field guide in their archeological studies. In response to those idiotic queries, the Smithsonian Institute issued a form letter response and sends it whenever there is another idiotic query from a TBM...:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology_and_the_Book_of_Mormon#Smithsonian_Institution

Here is a scanned copy of the form letter:
http://www.irr.org/mit/smithsonian.html

p.s.: the BoM is a lot of things, but it is spectacularly not archeologically factual in any way, shape, or form.

Cheers!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.