Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ALittleFactory ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 01:00AM

Does anyone on here remember that idiotic, pathetic waste of skin known as "Super" Dell Schanze? He was the founder of the short-lived company "Totally Awesome Computers." In typical Super Dell fashion, the company fell apart, due to a pathetic product, horrible business practices and allegations of impropriety with employees. This moron has since gone on to be arrested several times for a number of things. I bring him up here because when he was in his "golden days," I remember TBM's praising his "righteous desires" and for God having "blessed" him with great success.

What happened, Super Dell? What happened?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 01:05AM

I remember him....so does my bf who is a paraglider piolte and really hated that dude. He was totally wack!

Posted by: jezebel2mishies ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 01:07AM

Not sure...just went to check him out on wikipedia, to see what I could find, and it looks like the page was taken down 2 years ago.

Posted by: m ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 01:08AM

I remember seeing Super Dipshit Dell on a half hour faith promoting lds oriented schpeel he financed himself to " further the work"

I watched in horror as he testified of all things LDS.

I specifically remember he had never visited his siter in Chicago and flew out without an invite and when he reached Ohare airport he rented a car and prayed, then drove around until the "spririt"prompted ( pre NUVI) him where to turn and he drove up to a home and knocked on the door and guess who answered?

Yep...Daniel Peterson,... well no actually it was his sister and it jsut proves the Church is True.

Actually it proves that superdell is a F*cking liar!

Posted by: jezebel2mishies ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 01:19AM

Wow...That dipsh*t ran for governor in 2008???

Posted by: JRO35 ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:00PM

Actually, it was mayor of Saratoga Springs. Governor is for the entire state.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:02PM

He actually did run for governor. He was on the ballot for it when I first turned 18.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 07:03PM by 48erhater.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 04:25AM

Posted by: J. Chan ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 10:20AM

This would have been c. 2003-2005. It came on about 4 a.m. I caught it a few times when I couldn't sleep.

Posted by: hard6 ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 11:59AM

He lives in Saratoga Springs or Eagle Mountain. A few years back he tried running for governor and one of his platforms was secession. He's in the news off an on lately for paragliding stunts that tend to get him into trouble.

Here's his blog http://dellschanze.blogspot.com/

Trib article: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51998557-78/column-schanze-johnson-astoria.html.csp

A little look at his life by KSL, (who he hates): http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=260958

Someone's blog about him: http://trappedbythemormons.wordpress.com/2006/03/10/mormon-super-dell-a-carrot-short-of-a-jello-salad/

And some campaign literature:
The Top 3 Reasons To Vote SUPERDELL Schanze
The top 3 reasons SUPERDELL is by far the best choice for Governor are: Love, Wisdom and Passion!!! The purest form of love & wisdom is the spirit of God. SUPERDELL works so hard to follow the commandments of God so completely that he feels the love and wisdom from God pound through his body like Niagara Falls after a storm. “Fill your heart with love, listen closely to the wisdom of the spirit, do your homework and you will make the very best choice possible on any issue”. There is no question SUPERDELL Schanze is a REAL person and a true American. Nobody writes his scripts, no ad agency orchestrates his approach, he certainly doesn’t just tell people what they want to hear and he has more passion to enforce liberty and justice for ALL in his little pinky than any other candidate has in their life span.

Date: April 16, 2013 07:01PM

Actually, I think he ran for mayor. Governor is for the entire state.

Posted by: icedlatte ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 01:45PM

I remember seeing his commercials the first week I moved to BYU and thinking "WTF is wrong with the people here?!?!"

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 12:41PM

thanks for the laugh.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 01:53PM

I detect a fair amount of hatred here. Why do you really dislike him?

His business was fairly successful. It was also local, which is something we should all be supporting. The reason it went down is because he sold the business based on his persona and that doesn't help when one gets in trouble with the media for brandishing weapons.

I never bought a computer from him, but I loved that he was one of the few people back then that sold computer parts directly. Now I have to do everything online, but I miss having local businesses do that.

Last thing I remember him doing was jumping off some historical tower in Astoria.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 07:39PM

In a religion rife with arrogant dipwads, he pretty much set the high water mark for arrogance. That's saying something.

Posted by: athreehourbore ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 09:58AM

Sometimes the big companies have better products, more selection, with better service, for less money.

Anyway, I thought he was a nutjob as a TBM who was nevertheless very, very interesting to watch. I LOVE eccentric people with the cash to pull whatever crazy stunts they want. In this way, I'm really envious of SUPERDELL.

Am I correct, though...the company collapsed pretty quickly following the incident where he or somebody was speeding and SUPERDELL got out of his car and waved a firearm around in anger?

Dan the PCcraptop Man (whom I have heard from firsthand accounts is a psycho and a total douche) then graciously extended his hand to all of Dell's former employees and allowed them to work for him, and I believe bought all the old stores. So now there's a new place in town to pay $2000 for a piece of shit if you're scared to death of your computer breaking, ever, and need a lifetime warranty.

Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 05:30PM

It was collapsing at that time. I think what really ended it was the way he treated his employees. He had several lawsuits filed for religious discrimination.

Posted by: southernutah ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 05:36PM

athreehourbore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sometimes the big companies have better products,
> more selection, with better service, for less
> money.
>
> Anyway, I thought he was a nutjob as a TBM who was
> nevertheless very, very interesting to watch. I
> LOVE eccentric people with the cash to pull
> whatever crazy stunts they want. In this way, I'm
> really envious of SUPERDELL.
>
> Am I correct, though...the company collapsed
> pretty quickly following the incident where he or
> somebody was speeding and SUPERDELL got out of his
> car and waved a firearm around in anger?
>
> Dan the PCcraptop Man (whom I have heard from
> firsthand accounts is a psycho and a total douche)
> then graciously extended his hand to all of Dell's
> former employees and allowed them to work for him,
> and I believe bought all the old stores. So now
> there's a new place in town to pay $2000 for a
> piece of @#$%& if you're scared to death of your
> computer breaking, ever, and need a lifetime
> warranty.

is that what really happen , why he would do that anyway ?

Date: September 03, 2012 10:48PM

Dan isn't too bad. He is a germaphobe and a little eccentric, but back when he had control over his business he took care of his folks well.

Did you ever email me?

Date: September 04, 2012 12:18AM

Date: September 04, 2012 12:23AM

(&*%*^*%*%(^%$*(*))**%&&^$&^$

I didn't even get it man.

FFFUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK!

you are gone, aren't you?

Date: September 04, 2012 02:30PM

Look for me on Facebook. My name is Alan Brymer.

Date: April 16, 2013 06:59PM

We bought computer from him too, and so did my in laws. Both were high quality computers.

Posted by: moronistrombone ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:22PM

He is completely insane for starters.

Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: September 01, 2012 09:07PM

I did buy one of his computers and I never regretted it. His company wasn't a bad idea and would have worked had he not been such an oddball.

While he was an odd duck I kind of got a kick out of his antics. He was truly a non-conformist in a sea of conformity he eventually burned out like a super Nova. Definitely not for everybody but I did get a kick out of him...

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 10:06AM

I remember his commercials. They always creeped me out. I think he symbolized the Mormon culture in Utah really well--spastic and annoying.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2012 10:06AM by liminal state.

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 12:39PM

I didn't know about his commercials when I moved here, but I got here just in time to hear his weird auto-dialer message during his campaign. It said his opponents were the anti-christ.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 05:46PM

This guy amused me to no end! He was hilarious in that he obviously has a screw loose and you never knew what self-defeating thing he was going to say or do next. Like Joseph Smith, he is his own worst enemy.

Posted by: mr. mike ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 06:59PM

Did he ever use the phrase "Dude, you're getting a Super Dell." in his ads?

Because the lawsuit would be Hi-LAR-ious!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:04PM

This is the thread I was looking for last week, Behold!

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:08PM

He is back in news for beating an owl in flight while hang gliding

http://t.co/ERcbNDB89b

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 07:10PM by Demon of Kolob.

Date: April 16, 2013 07:27PM

Yes, I know, that's what I posted about last week. He is the king of douchebags. Raise your hand if you sustain!

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:32PM

He can't seem to stay out of trouble with the law, or stand to stay out of the limelight. His personality has some similarities to JS. Being an attention whore is his main attribute.

Date: April 16, 2013 07:33PM

He was born a douche bag attention whore. I said this before in my own thread about him....but anyone that hurts or harms animals on purpose is a scumbag from hell in my opinion and deserves no mercy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.